Steve McClaren

DEL

Absolutely horrible run we're going through, however we need to give him a go with a full season. If we keep switching managers who knows what will happen. I think with chrissy and thorne back with a few more players from summer, along with a clear out of a few players I think we can give it a real go

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

My nagging concern with him is that he doesn't seem to know how to put it right, even with all the players at his disposal. Something needs to happen and fast or I think Mel will be looking elsewhere

How do the first bit of the sentence and the second go together? How can he put it right if the players aren't right?!

Just now, Archie said:

I don't think wholesale changes are not necessary- offloading quite a few yes absolutely but to the starting 11 and in my view:

new RB first choice

new CB first choice, captain perhaps

new midfield general

new left winger/inside left

Think we'll need to look at CDM role just in case. Maybe Fozzy might be the answer for LW (don't forget he started his career as winger though) 

Last thing we need is a new manager. We need some stability. 

Let Mac build a squad through the summer and see how it's going at Christmas.

This is the position everyone expected us to finish when we hired him after our start so right now he is performing on par with what we wanted. 

1 minute ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He does know what his best 11 more than you ever know. You're the one are so clueless. 

Does he ? Please enlighten me , its at the stage now I even believe will Hughes has chucked it with the mediocrity around him , Mel must no sleep at night with the wages he must be paying and no even getting a sniff of the play offs , it's joke 

Don't worry everything will be OK once the wardrobe comes back.:whistle:

Yes I am being flippant,  as we lack any creativity in midfield- even with Martin back the results would be the same, the problems are bigger than Chris Martin not being here.

Let Mac sort out all those that he feels are not good enough for this club and rebuild in the summer.

We need stability here not knee jerk reactions.

Mac has to have a full season to get a side together capable of running for promotion.

Please remember we are currently an average championship team and know more than this.

3 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do the first bit of the sentence and the second go together? How can he put it right if the players aren't right?!

14/15 was exactly the same. Once he started losing a few he didn't know how to correct it. Chopped and changed without a positive result. Skip forward, same thing happens again. Most teams would kill for this squad and although they are bang average they have all achieved a damn site more than most other players in the league individually. 

Im not against him and was defending him earlier to a mate but I do have concerns over his ability to stabilise our team and get us playing consistently well

We need a thorough rebuild of the club imo, this isn't just the manager, this is the playing staff as well, and the recruitment staff. Too many years of failure doing the same things over and over again, too many poor signing clogging up the squad. This pre season will be the most important in many years imo. We need a new young determined manager to come in early doors, who needs to decide upon a system and recruit players to fit that style then drill the formation in over the summer. We need a new widespread scouting network and a director of football who ensures we don't have another Blackman/ Vydra saga. A lot of work to be done, but all possible if we start planning it all out now

9 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He does know what his best 11 more than you ever know. You're the one are so clueless. 

Why don't you back up your opinions with facts instead of childishly calling other users? 

Hes given an opinion that Mac doesn't know his best 11. The best way to rebuke this would be to show some evidence that he does... instead you just insult someone for daring to have a different opinion. 

I can already guess your answer to this, it will be something along the lines of 'k'

17 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Give him a proper go next season and hopefully he'll put it right. Some of the players aren't his anyway. Please please please back him guys! 

STEVE MAC BARMY ARMY ??

I really really really want to back him DEL but it's becoming so predictable when we say 'Next season'. I've said in another thread that if current form continues, will Mel have that sort of patience. Tell you what, I genuinely believe not. Loss to Villa and Blackburn, two teams in seriously poor form. This is a major alert. Every game now could be a six inch nail in his coffin.

I'm an outsider, this forum is my contact with you guys who know far more about the current Derby County than I. My season ticket days are but a memory. I respect you and most posters opinions. I've been a fan of Gary Rowett since way before we employed Pearson. I resist knee jerk reactions but I do look at the fella with great respect and I don't doubt Mel does too. Feel free to shout at me but I fear for Mac if the next couple of games are defeats..... 

Just now, valleyram said:

8 points from 30 with a squad most championship teams would die for 

oh dear 

Is he still bitter about Wembley? 

1 minute ago, Bris Vegas said:

What? Madness.

I wonder how many Brighton fans called for Hughton's head after they finished 20th or so in his first season...

He saved then from the drop that's where they were heading when he took over. In 18 months he will have built a side that will go up this season.

Mac needs time and the club needs stability.

Archived