Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Although tickets are sold out I was wondering if it is worth trying to go on the waiting list for 4 tickets? Anyone know if I'll have a chance of being successful? 

If you don't try, you will not get. If you do try you might get. Might is better than not. A chance is better than no chance.

Worth trying but if unsuccessful, tell yourself you were still successfull for trying.

The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind.

1 minute ago, Inverurie Ram said:

If you don't try, you will not get. If you do try you might get. Might is better than not. A chance is better than no chance.

Worth trying but if unsuccessful, tell yourself you were still successfull for trying.

The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.

Well that has. Wrtainly provided me some inspiration! Straight on the phone at 9 tomorrow I guess, fingers crossed, not been able to get to a game since last season

We fans should forget how we played against earlier this season. With Pearson we couldn't give a game most of the teams in this league, never mind Newcastle.

I'm optimistic but with this one but would take a draw if offered now.

Going to go fishing along a nice stream on Saturday Afternoon..... plenty of water based streams available to go fishing in on Saturday......

11 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Could get interesting for them, they looked like a lot of individuals to me and may start to doubt themselves with Leeds actually looking like a confident team currently and not far behind

Agree - Rafa was on SSN this morning dodging questions about why Newcastle hadn't strengthened in the Jan window.

"wasn't my decision"........"i told the club what the team needed"........."but it wasn't my decision".

Lets rub our hands with glee at the possibility of a Rafa meltdown......FACT:lol:

(And lets do our best to accelerate it rather than provide the springboard for a recovery as we did with Norwich)

14 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind.

A simple 'yes' would have done.

Watched the game last night and thought QPR were the better team....Fact

Thought they looked vulnerable defensively especially out wide............Fact

Shelvey is easy to wind up, but we need to avoid another red card.......Fact

Rafa was making copious notes on his waiters pad last night and it was not an order for x6 gin and tonics ..............................................................................................Fact

If Gayle is out we will beat them....................................................2-0...  Fact

3 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Agree - Rafa was on SSN this morning dodging questions about why Newcastle hadn't strengthened in the Jan window.

"wasn't my decision"........"i told the club what the team needed"........."but it wasn't my decision".

Lets rub our hands with glee at the possibility of a Rafa meltdown......FACT:lol:

(And lets do our best to accelerate it rather than provide the springboard for a recovery as we did with Norwich)

Saw that. He's not a happy bunny. I'm really confident we can beat them comfortably. Mr Hill will be receiving some coinage once I'm happy with the odds 

3 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Watched the game last night and thought QPR were the better team....Fact

Thought they looked vulnerable defensively especially out wide............Fact

Shelvey is easy to wind up, but we need to avoid another red card.......Fact

Rafa was making copious notes on his waiters pad last night and it was not an order for x6 gin and tonics ................................................................................Fact

If Gayle is out we will beat them....................................................2-0...  Fact

Reverse of PP score line that's exactly what I fancy. And your point re Shelvey is a big fact. Seems to have lots of fans on here but I'm not so enamoured 

19 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Going this first Derby game I have been to in three years, in the with the Toon fans though.

I've done that quite a few times since I moved to North East but I've never really enjoyed the experience.So, I've decided to give this one a miss. I prefer to travel 200 miles to be surrounded by "friendly" fans :whistle:

Archived