Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

A simple 'yes' would have done.

'Yes' is never simple. I'd say it's opposite friend 'No' isn't simple either. 

And we are Derby County and we never do anything simple or done, come to think of it!

I do believe you can get simple shampoo and soap and the like, so one can wash, but these days with conditioners, foot scrubs and the like even washing one self and others is never simple, so I'd like to differ, and is anything in this world ever truly done. 

its odd I had a look at about 3 NCFC forums and no mention of our game that I could find .. just a lot of bleating about QPR and that Mr Ashley didn't give Rafa a shed load of money in January because they weren't 10 points clear.

2 minutes ago, jono said:

its odd I had a look at about 3 NCFC forums and no mention of our game that I could find .. just a lot of bleating about QPR and that Mr Ashley didn't give Rafa a shed load of money in January because they weren't 10 points clear.

Don't think you'll have much luck with NCFC forums mate! 

We're playing NUFC :D 

3 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Watched the game last night and thought QPR were the better team....Fact

Thought they looked vulnerable defensively especially out wide............Fact

Shelvey is easy to wind up, but we need to avoid another red card.......Fact

Rafa was making copious notes on his waiters pad last night and it was not an order for x6 gin and tonics ..............................................................................................Fact

If Gayle is out we will beat them....................................................2-0...  Fact

The first three I agree are facts, and hopefully we can take advantage on Saturday.

As for the fourth one, the first part is fact I agree, but the second part I'm not so sure. Maybe part of it was his drinks order? Or is it that you think he would be more likely to choose Sangria or San Miguel?

As for the last one I say, Gayle in OR out we beat them! Not fact true, but positive mindset! ;)

4 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

Watched the game last night and thought QPR were the better team....Fact

Thought they looked vulnerable defensively especially out wide............Fact

Shelvey is easy to wind up, but we need to avoid another red card.......Fact

Rafa was making copious notes on his waiters pad last night and it was not an order for x6 gin and tonics ..............................................................................................Fact

If Gayle is out we will beat them....................................................2-0...  Fact

So keep Camara in as a starter to stretch them. De Saart or  Johnson ? 

I keep thinking this is the big test. Norwich, just got off on the wrong foot and the red killed it. Leeds was in form team away from home with lots of historical baggage. ..... This one is the real thing. Genuine prem team, effectively title favourites ( or at least with the resource, recent history etc etc to substantiate that ) away from home. Savvy manager. Our boss facing some demons. ... Win this and we really can face anyone without a shred of doubt in our own ability and resilience. 

Forget the QPR game, they will be up for this one, they will be aware that we have a threat and will play better as a result. 

The Rams keep surprising me so I would not rule out anything, playing on the counter attack might just play into our hands. Let's see, the bookies have them as clear favourites, we are the underdogs let's go for it

coyr 

Newcastle are a very good side at this level, have many individual players who can run games and score goals out of nothing, have lots of fire power going forward and have a top manager for this level.

whatever you think of Newcastle, whatever they have and haven't spent on transfer fees, they are a very dangerous team to play.

i would snap your hand off for a point now, not being negative, just giving my opinion.

if we start poorly, or even give them chance to get momentum in the game, we will probably be punished heavily for it.

10 minutes ago, jono said:

So keep Camara in as a starter to stretch them. De Saart or  Johnson ? 

I keep thinking this is the big test. Norwich, just got off on the wrong foot and the red killed it. Leeds was in form team away from home with lots of historical baggage. ..... This one is the real thing. Genuine prem team, effectively title favourites ( or at least with the resource, recent history etc etc to substantiate that ) away from home. Savvy manager. Our boss facing some demons. ... Win this and we really can face anyone without a shred of doubt in our own ability and resilience. 

Russell to start if fit, better defensively, cam the ram to run them ragged later on ? ?

7 minutes ago, Woodley Ram said:

Russell to start if fit, better defensively, cam the ram to run them ragged later on ? ?

Normally I would agree but I have a sense that if you give Razza a start it will lift him as well as stretching them early on. 

I don't think we would win an attritional game against them at home because they have the talent to bite you. If on the other hand we can rattle them early we could take something. .. Pure speculation on my part :unsure: but I would like to see us take the game to them. (Which could of course be fatal :lol:

Can't stand Newcastle - I loved them during the Keegan days but since then they seem to have become the most self-entitled set of see you next Tuesday's around.

Constantly claiming they're a 'big' club despite not winning anything since the 1950's with the 'best fans' because they get big attendances but then turn on whichever manager is in charge. Their treatment of legend and gentleman Bobby Robson sums up them as a club and set of fans. Hope we stuff them!!

5 minutes ago, Spenno said:

Can't stand Newcastle - I loved them during the Keegan days but since then they seem to have become the most self-entitled set of see you next Tuesday's around.

Constantly claiming they're a 'big' club despite not winning anything since the 1950's with the 'best fans' because they get big attendances but then turn on whichever manager is in charge. Their treatment of legend and gentleman Bobby Robson sums up them as a club and set of fans. Hope we stuff them!!

Was thinking about this the other day. Did their lack of humour develop when Mike Cashley took over or before? I thought when they hounded out Pardew they might live to regret it and live to regret it they certainly did. 

I think in actual fact they are a big club, at least based on their typical attendance figures but as you say, they've not got a record to match those figures. Their fans are once again having a good old bleat it seems so it's probably not a bad time to be playing them. In the home fixture under old blockhead, we more than matched them until we conceded and you'd like to think we're playing rather better now. Fingers crossed.

COYR.

21 minutes ago, Spenno said:

They are a big club. Or do you only judge the size of the club by it's trophy cabinet?

Some clubs are big because they are successful, Some small clubs have remained small even after being successful (treetards) and some clubs are just big clubs because of the amount of support they get week in week out even though they haven't won owt.

Newcastle have so many match winners so the most important thing is concentrating for the full 90+. One lapse of concentration and we will get punished.

For me this game is won with our back 6, if they can limit Newcastle's chances then we have every chance of taking three points.

I've gone with 1-2 as a result.

I think the rot set in before Ashley took over in fact I think they got what they deserved. It is a shame though when they were playing swashbuckling football under Keegan they were great entertainment and I think everyone other than Man U fans wanted them to win the league that season. But I think over time that raised expectations turned into a sense of entitlement. In all fairness I still love Newcastle as a place it's always a good laugh when I visit for work 

Archived