Newcastle United v Derby County match day thread

DEL

25 minutes ago, ossieram said:

They are a big club. Or do you only judge the size of the club by it's trophy cabinet?

Some clubs are big because they are successful, Some small clubs have remained small even after being successful (treetards) and some clubs are just big clubs because of the amount of support they get week in week out even though they haven't won owt.

My honest answer to that is yes to a degree how successful you are does determine how 'big' you are as a club. Obviously it's subjective but I certainly don't classify Newcastle as a big club in the way that I class man utd, Liverpool, arsenal and more recently Chelsea and Man City as big English clubs 

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Spenno said:

My honest answer to that is yes to a degree how successful you are does determine how 'big' you are as a club. Obviously it's subjective but I certainly don't classify Newcastle as a big club in the way that I class man utd, Liverpool, arsenal and more recently Chelsea and Man City as big English clubs 

We've won the league twice since Newcastle last won a trophy, the gumps have won some cups (so they keep telling me) do you think we are bigger than them?

5 hours ago, jono said:

its odd I had a look at about 3 NCFC forums and no mention of our game that I could find .. just a lot of bleating about QPR and that Mr Ashley didn't give Rafa a shed load of money in January because they weren't 10 points clear.

NCFC.......Norman Colliers Funky Chicken?

Hey to everyone who are going to newcastle tommrow lets let them know we have arrived we need everyone at top voice tommrow. I am so pumped up I have never been newcastle before some were new. Lets have a sea of black and white derby shirts lets have flags svaves being twirled around  as the lads come out.

Have just had a read of the local Newcastle rag, they seem a bit complacent, whilst they have a good team and squad, the best in this division, complacency gets you beat, you need to respect the opposition and their strengths , they don't seem bothered. 

They could come a cropper here, I'm sure we will use that to our advantage and we certainly don't underestimate them

I certainly think we can get 3 points from this trip.

I'd be happy with a draw but any team that gives up a 2-0 lead is there for the taking in my view. As long as we don't give them too much respect I think we'll do well. Even if we go a goal down SMC will remind them of them slipping up and our heads shouldn't drop.

My head says score draw my heart says Derby win, with Keogh getting us the points :wub:

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Harsh to change a winning side but Russell has to come in for me. They're very strong strong in midfield and Russell will have a job to do, and not convinced Razza can do it. But I'll happily be proven wrong 

I'm the same Russell in for Camera to Help Olsson but will see. 

Archived