Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

6 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Jordan Ibe was sent back to Liverpool by MacLaren because his attitude stank.

Andre Wisdom, as much as I rated him, I question his lack of judgement. He could have signed for us under Mac the first time, instead he opted to sign for West Brom. Again he could have come to us, but he opted to sign for Norwich. Now he is with Salzburg. So instead of coming to Derby and forging a decent career, he has spent years bench warming.

Da Sart I like.

I'm pretty sure Ibe was sent back due to there lack of wingers. Hense why he went straight on there bench. I'm confident if he stayed we would of gone up. All if's and but's though.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Don't know where you got this from. He went back to Liverpool because they re-called him. Granted he didn't did his heels in but at the same time he was going to play for a huge club. 

didn't see one report saying we sent him back. 

1 hour ago, RamsPolls said:

I would go with this...

INS -

Jordan Ibe - Do all i takes to bring that man in. He could be lethal under Mac.

Andre Wisdom - Another who has failed to push on from his impressive form here. Bring him back and get the best out of him.

De sart - The lad oozes class. He has a few elements of his game that he can improve but he's definitely one for future and has a very high potential. If he is available from Boro we need to snap him up. 

We need a power house midfielder. I know Johnson is a big lad but going forward he hasn't been at it. We need someone who can strive past players in midfield like Bryson did in the 13/14 season.

OUTS -

Craig Bryson - The mans a legend. Not been the same since the injury he got at the start of the 15/16 season. He will always be a Derby legend but that doesn't mean he should rot on the subs bench. We should allow him to go and play football. 

Jacob Butterfield - I was very happy when we signed Butterfield last year, and after a slow start to life here, He really started to perform. But this season he seems to be in auto pilot and isn't the same as he was end of last. He slows the play down massively and rarely gets beyond the striker or anywhere near him for that. Cash in. 

Chris Baird - His contract is up this summer, As well as he has done this season, He can't warrant another contract for me. Needs to be let go and bring in someone else. 

Darren Bent - Same as Baird, The guy is a very very good pro. No malice in this at all, he's been a very good servant for us in the past 3 years. But with Nugent coming in, that tells me he won't have another contract here. It will probably come to bite us when he leaves, He'll go to another championship side and he'll score for fun. 

Any criticism is welcome :D 

Keep Bryson as backup to "Hendrick"

Keep Butterfield as backup to Hughes

Keep Bent on a 1-year deal as backup to Martin & Nugent

Keep Baird on a 1-year deal as backup to "Wisdom"

...Apart from that I agree with your outs :D

Out: Olsson, Shackell, Johnson, Weimann, Anya, Camara, Vydra, Blackman

2 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I would go with this...

INS -

Andre Wisdom - Another who has failed to push on from his impressive form here. Bring him back and get the best out of him.

De sart - The lad oozes class. He has a few elements of his game that he can improve but he's definitely one for future and has a very high potential. If he is available from Boro we need to snap him up. 

We need a power house midfielder. I know Johnson is a big lad but going forward he hasn't been at it. We need someone who can strive past players in midfield like Bryson did in the 13/14 season.

OUTS -

Craig Bryson - The mans a legend. Not been the same since the injury he got at the start of the 15/16 season. He will always be a Derby legend but that doesn't mean he should rot on the subs bench. We should allow him to go and play football. 

Jacob Butterfield - I was very happy when we signed Butterfield last year, and after a slow start to life here, He really started to perform. But this season he seems to be in auto pilot and isn't the same as he was end of last. He slows the play down massively and rarely gets beyond the striker or anywhere near him for that. Cash in. 

Chris Baird - His contract is up this summer, As well as he has done this season, He can't warrant another contract for me. Needs to be let go and bring in someone else. 

Darren Bent - Same as Baird, The guy is a very very good pro. No malice in this at all, he's been a very good servant for us in the past 3 years. But with Nugent coming in, that tells me he won't have another contract here. It will probably come to bite us when he leaves, He'll go to another championship side and he'll score for fun. 

Baird and Bent got further 1 year option to take it up. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Andre Wisdom, as much as I rated him, I question his lack of judgement. He could have signed for us under Mac the first time, instead he opted to sign for West Brom. Again he could have come to us, but he opted to sign for Norwich. Now he is with Salzburg. So instead of coming to Derby and forging a decent career, he has spent years bench warming.

Da Sart I like.

Your comment about Ibe is incorrect. He got recalled from the parents club few days before forest game(he was supposedly going back after forest game though) attitude stinks hahhaha whatever you say so. 

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Da Sart I like.

As has been said, Ibe was recalled by Liverpool at a time when he was performing extremely well and our most threatening player going forward. I would like to see him back.

Kasper Dolberg... Yes i know that some people (scrap that majority) will be like so unrealistic, but he's a young lad looking promising only 19 roughly £6.8m in value, CF, but yes he's playing for ajax. i know that, but i dont think many players in europe, or the world, would turn down the chance to play in england for the right money

so in the immortal words of delia

hqdefault.jpg

2 hours ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Out: Olsson, Shackell, Johnson, Weimann, Anya, Camara, Vydra, Blackman

Genuine question - can you see a club wanting to pay money for any of the above and even if we let them go for no fee would the same clubs be willing to match their current wages? What probability would you put on all of the above still being here next season, I'd hazard extremely likely 

Looking at outs I'd like to shift seven from:

Christie

Shackell

Anya

Camara

Vydra

Weimann

Blackman

Olsson

Bent

Butterfield

None of the above really suit our style (Butterfield's unlucky he's too similar to Hughes). 

Positions we really need to strengthen are RB, CM and LW, DM, we will need a few other squad players in, maybe CB cover, I would also like striker who is mobile and can play up top alone, as a different option to Martin, it depends on funds I suppose. 

4 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

I would go with this...

INS -

OUTS -

Where's the rest of your list? We need to get shot of a few more than that and replace with some quality

and as others have said your wrong regarding Ibe

In terms of the outs we are really going to struggle to offload some of them if we want to recoup a good chunk of the fees. Who is going to buy Vydra for anywhere near 8 million or Blackman for anywhere near 3 million?

I still think there is a chance Vydra could come good if played in the right system with the right players around him.

Cameron Carter-Vickers-19 years old.A very promising CB prospect, has gotten lots of praise from Pochettino, and needs to get some good game time. I think would be a great loan move for us.

Kekuta Manneh- 22 years old. Mentioned him earlier in the thread, really think he would be a great pickup. Recently became a US citizen, so very eager to see him play for the USMNT. Very fast, good on the ball, good attacking, etc and can play as either an attacking mid or on the wing as well. Easily ready to come overseas imo, and I think would be a very nice addition to the Rams.

OK after much deliberation this is my summer wish list .

Tandayi Darikwa from burnley , doesn't get a sniff there and would be a nivmve upgrade .

James Tarowski another from Burnley , top defender at this level.

Youseff Mulumbu a best in the centre , very experienced , exactly what we need.

Tom Cairney keeps improving and improving top player would slot in nicely along will. 

Ollie Watkins if the price is right 

Bakory Sako would be a beast on the left hand side , goals , power and pace 

On 28/02/2017 at 09:07, RamsPolls said:

I would go with this...

INS -

OUTS -

In terms of outs Baird and bent purely because of them probably wanting two year deals with any team, good servants but age is against them.

we need a right back and a centre half, 

midfield - major concern area, we missed Hendrick massively - will Thorne ever be fit? But basically our central midfield have been slow small and weak, maybe we may be better off team wise in the championship by letting Hughes go if we get decent money as well as the massively frustrating butterfield, Bryson and Johnson can be very good but it is actually to rare. Is it time to bring in the tall mobile physical types to our central midfield 

up front - Martin will be back and nugent looks clever, Vydra could turn up but Blackman looks pointless and the widemen are ok if the others function properly 

25 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

In terms of outs Baird and bent purely because of them probably wanting two year deals with any team, good servants but age is against them.

we need a right back and a centre half, 

midfield - major concern area, we missed Hendrick massively - will Thorne ever be fit? But basically our central midfield have been slow small and weak, maybe we may be better off team wise in the championship by letting Hughes go if we get decent money as well as the massively frustrating butterfield, Bryson and Johnson can be very good but it is actually to rare. Is it time to bring in the tall mobile physical types to our central midfield 

up front - Martin will be back and nugent looks clever, Vydra could turn up but Blackman looks pointless and the widemen are ok if the others function properly 

Christie is a decent right back at this level, full international.

Archived