Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, sage said:

I like that Zaha at Palace and Moses at Chelsea.

You think he's an unrealistic target then? I'm not sure to be honest. They let Ritchie go to Newcastle which was very surprising, and I'm not quite sure that Fraser is as influential for them as what Ritchie was. On the other hand that could have just been because the player wanted to go to Newcastle and the offer was good enough. 

1 hour ago, SIWY said:

You think he's an unrealistic target then? I'm not sure to be honest. They let Ritchie go to Newcastle which was very surprising, and I'm not quite sure that Fraser is as influential for them as what Ritchie was. On the other hand that could have just been because the player wanted to go to Newcastle and the offer was good enough. 

Have we got £10m to spend on a winger? Why would he drop down to our level?

1 hour ago, sage said:

Have we got £10m to spend on a winger? Why would he drop down to our level?

He was out on loan at Ipswich as recently as last season so he might be open to dropping back down to the Championship. 

It probably comes down to how highly Bournemouth rate him to be honest. If they see him as an important player then he will either cost too much or not want to join us knowing he is in the plans of a Premier League club. 

3 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Cheeky bid for Costa at Chelski.....or maybe that Gabbiadini fella at Saints might fancy a drop down to the Championship and emulate his namesake at the Rams???

pretty sure Gabbiadini won't leave the saints saying as he scored 2 goals in the Cup final. The commentator even said (something along the lines of) "the saints have been after a finisher and they may have found one" doubt they will let him go

9 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

pretty sure Gabbiadini won't leave the saints saying as he scored 2 goals in the Cup final. The commentator even said (something along the lines of) "the saints have been after a finisher and they may have found one" doubt they will let him go

Suspect @Jimbo Ram's post was more than a tad tongue in cheek Fraser 

3 minutes ago, Fraser_23 said:

Haha god I've just realised that!! For some reason I was thinking about Costa for wolves and somehow got into my head he was on loan from chelsea. I've had a bloody nightmare. Cheers for pointing it out and sorry @Jimbo Ram ??

:lol:

I would go with this...

INS -

Jordan Ibe - Do all i takes to bring that man in. He could be lethal under Mac.

Andre Wisdom - Another who has failed to push on from his impressive form here. Bring him back and get the best out of him.

De sart - The lad oozes class. He has a few elements of his game that he can improve but he's definitely one for future and has a very high potential. If he is available from Boro we need to snap him up. 

We need a power house midfielder. I know Johnson is a big lad but going forward he hasn't been at it. We need someone who can strive past players in midfield like Bryson did in the 13/14 season.

OUTS -

Craig Bryson - The mans a legend. Not been the same since the injury he got at the start of the 15/16 season. He will always be a Derby legend but that doesn't mean he should rot on the subs bench. We should allow him to go and play football. 

Jacob Butterfield - I was very happy when we signed Butterfield last year, and after a slow start to life here, He really started to perform. But this season he seems to be in auto pilot and isn't the same as he was end of last. He slows the play down massively and rarely gets beyond the striker or anywhere near him for that. Cash in. 

Chris Baird - His contract is up this summer, As well as he has done this season, He can't warrant another contract for me. Needs to be let go and bring in someone else. 

Darren Bent - Same as Baird, The guy is a very very good pro. No malice in this at all, he's been a very good servant for us in the past 3 years. But with Nugent coming in, that tells me he won't have another contract here. It will probably come to bite us when he leaves, He'll go to another championship side and he'll score for fun. 

Any criticism is welcome :D 

15 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I would go with this...

INS -

Andre Wisdom - Another who has failed to push on from his impressive form here. Bring him back and get the best out of him.

De sart - The lad oozes class. He has a few elements of his game that he can improve but he's definitely one for future and has a very high potential. If he is available from Boro we need to snap him up. 

We need a power house midfielder. I know Johnson is a big lad but going forward he hasn't been at it. We need someone who can strive past players in midfield like Bryson did in the 13/14 season.

OUTS -

Craig Bryson - The mans a legend. Not been the same since the injury he got at the start of the 15/16 season. He will always be a Derby legend but that doesn't mean he should rot on the subs bench. We should allow him to go and play football. 

Jacob Butterfield - I was very happy when we signed Butterfield last year, and after a slow start to life here, He really started to perform. But this season he seems to be in auto pilot and isn't the same as he was end of last. He slows the play down massively and rarely gets beyond the striker or anywhere near him for that. Cash in. 

Chris Baird - His contract is up this summer, As well as he has done this season, He can't warrant another contract for me. Needs to be let go and bring in someone else. 

Darren Bent - Same as Baird, The guy is a very very good pro. No malice in this at all, he's been a very good servant for us in the past 3 years. But with Nugent coming in, that tells me he won't have another contract here. It will probably come to bite us when he leaves, He'll go to another championship side and he'll score for fun. 

I would keep Bent for another year.

15 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I would go with this...

INS -

OUTS -

Jordan Ibe was sent back to Liverpool by MacLaren because his attitude stank.

Andre Wisdom, as much as I rated him, I question his lack of judgement. He could have signed for us under Mac the first time, instead he opted to sign for West Brom. Again he could have come to us, but he opted to sign for Norwich. Now he is with Salzburg. So instead of coming to Derby and forging a decent career, he has spent years bench warming.

Da Sart I like.

Archived