Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kellyn Acosta.

21 year old American, have watched him play several times for the US and some for FC Dallas as well.Quite a good passer as a defensive midfielder, and good in the tackle also.Good awareness and athleticism as well.Much improved in an attacking sense also.

Currently a midfielder, but has been a fullback in the past so can play mutiple positions.

I think he's ready to go overseas and the Rams would be a good fit.

Here's one of the goals he scored yesterday in the CONCACAF Champions League:

Absolute massive summer for the rams!

If Mac isn't looking at next season already then i wold be severely worried. It is blatant to see that players need shipping out!

Here are a few:

Baird: A great professional who has done excellent this season, but can he last another year in the Championship playing 3 games within a week? I dont think so. Let him go with no hard feelings attached.

Hanson (loan): Cant see him getting in next year.He's at the stage of his career where he needs to be playing regularly. a league one loan with constant playtime is needed for the lad.

Butterfield: Might anger a few on here but I would get rid straight away. Constant sideways and backwards passing, and looks half arsed at most games i've been to this season. We need legs in midfield next year. For three years now our midfield has been weak, leaving us unable to change formation as teams run through us. I have no problem with Butterfield leaving. I don't think either Huddersfield or Boro are missing him in the slightest.

Blackman: I dont understand why we bought him at all. He came wanting to play down the middle when he scored the majority of goals on the right hand side for Reading. I have a few Sheffield United mates and when he signed non of them rated him. I was worried then, nevermind seeing him play week in week out. I would let him go in the summer. He clearly doesn't fit at the club, so i say release him. 

Weiman; Not seen much of him but, we have to cut our losses. He is currently siting on the bench at Wolves, which shows you his quality right there. 

Bent: Done great this season, an will always score goals. However, if we are going to play 4-3-3 we need a striker to contribute more. Martin coming back will help us but with Nugent and Vydra we have two strikers who offer something different. Being the wrong side of 30 also doesn't help Bent. Done well but I wouldnt be offering him a new deal.

Camara: I don't gt why he has a love affair with the fans. He dosent have any defensive bones in his body and his decision making is horrendous at times. His stock seems to be high in France, so i think any deal that sees us recoup the fee paid for him is good business. 

There is a few players that don't make the list. I would keep Russell but only as back up. He needs to set up his game but he has shown enough in previous seasons for him to warrant another year at the Rams. Vydra is another. A lot on here are saying that he dosent fit the system and is a waste of time. I dont think he is. He flourished at Watford when playing with Deeney and I think Vydra playing behind Martin is an excellent alternative to our accustomed 4-3-3. At only 23 he has plenty of years in him as well. Johnson is another a lot want rid of. I am a fan of Johnson and think he has been treated atrociously by the fans. The sarcastic cheer at the end of the Brighton game earlier this season made me feel ill. As a player I do think that Johnson is limited. His short passing isn't the best and he doesn't have the greatest pace. However, he does have great endeavour and was arguably our best player when we went on our 10 match unbeaten run. 

Now for the incomings: 

Callum Patterson: Suffered a knee injury earlier this year, but is one of Scotlands brightest talents. An attacking rb and will be available on a minimal fee with his contract being up this year. Can score a goal or two as well. 

Max Power: Excellent cm player. Robust, good tackler and can pick a pass. Would be a great addition in the centre of midfield. Would cost a fair price but he is just the player we are crying out for in the middle of the park.

Jota: Been excellent since he's come back this year and is available on a free transfer. Would be a great lw for us. Him and ince on either wing will cause havoc in this division. 

Ryan Kent: Been Excellent at Barnsley this year. Id try and get him on loan next year from Liverpool, or on a perm if available.

Watkins: Haven't entirely agreed with the profile of players that we have brought in over the years. We have seemed to have gone for the older "proven" player, or players who cant cut it at prem level. If we eventually want to get up and stay up in the prem we have to go for young hungry players this summer. Take Bournemouth as an example. Hardly any of their squad had prem experience. However, their togetherness and team spirit have enabled for them to stay in the league. Watkins is an exciting young player who we should bring in, in the summer. Exeter fans think this lad is "Special" and i think that this would be a risk that would definitely work out for us. 

Sorry for the long post, but I feel that this summer is vital for the Rams. I urge the recruitment team to look for the young, hungry players who will push us on to the next level. 

Up the Rams!

11 hours ago, deanoakaram4life said:

Absolute massive summer for the rams!

If Mac isn't looking at next season already then i wold be severely worried. It is blatant to see that players need shipping out!

Here are a few:

Baird: A great professional who has done excellent this season, but can he last another year in the Championship playing 3 games within a week? I dont think so. Let him go with no hard feelings attached.

Hanson (loan): Cant see him getting in next year.He's at the stage of his career where he needs to be playing regularly. a league one loan with constant playtime is needed for the lad.

Butterfield: Might anger a few on here but I would get rid straight away. Constant sideways and backwards passing, and looks half arsed at most games i've been to this season. We need legs in midfield next year. For three years now our midfield has been weak, leaving us unable to change formation as teams run through us. I have no problem with Butterfield leaving. I don't think either Huddersfield or Boro are missing him in the slightest.

Blackman: I dont understand why we bought him at all. He came wanting to play down the middle when he scored the majority of goals on the right hand side for Reading. I have a few Sheffield United mates and when he signed non of them rated him. I was worried then, nevermind seeing him play week in week out. I would let him go in the summer. He clearly doesn't fit at the club, so i say release him. 

Weiman; Not seen much of him but, we have to cut our losses. He is currently siting on the bench at Wolves, which shows you his quality right there. 

Bent: Done great this season, an will always score goals. However, if we are going to play 4-3-3 we need a striker to contribute more. Martin coming back will help us but with Nugent and Vydra we have two strikers who offer something different. Being the wrong side of 30 also doesn't help Bent. Done well but I wouldnt be offering him a new deal.

Camara: I don't gt why he has a love affair with the fans. He dosent have any defensive bones in his body and his decision making is horrendous at times. His stock seems to be high in France, so i think any deal that sees us recoup the fee paid for him is good business. 

There is a few players that don't make the list. I would keep Russell but only as back up. He needs to set up his game but he has shown enough in previous seasons for him to warrant another year at the Rams. Vydra is another. A lot on here are saying that he dosent fit the system and is a waste of time. I dont think he is. He flourished at Watford when playing with Deeney and I think Vydra playing behind Martin is an excellent alternative to our accustomed 4-3-3. At only 23 he has plenty of years in him as well. Johnson is another a lot want rid of. I am a fan of Johnson and think he has been treated atrociously by the fans. The sarcastic cheer at the end of the Brighton game earlier this season made me feel ill. As a player I do think that Johnson is limited. His short passing isn't the best and he doesn't have the greatest pace. However, he does have great endeavour and was arguably our best player when we went on our 10 match unbeaten run. 

Now for the incomings: 

Callum Patterson: Suffered a knee injury earlier this year, but is one of Scotlands brightest talents. An attacking rb and will be available on a minimal fee with his contract being up this year. Can score a goal or two as well. 

Max Power: Excellent cm player. Robust, good tackler and can pick a pass. Would be a great addition in the centre of midfield. Would cost a fair price but he is just the player we are crying out for in the middle of the park.

Jota: Been excellent since he's come back this year and is available on a free transfer. Would be a great lw for us. Him and ince on either wing will cause havoc in this division. 

Ryan Kent: Been Excellent at Barnsley this year. Id try and get him on loan next year from Liverpool, or on a perm if available.

Watkins: Haven't entirely agreed with the profile of players that we have brought in over the years. We have seemed to have gone for the older "proven" player, or players who cant cut it at prem level. If we eventually want to get up and stay up in the prem we have to go for young hungry players this summer. Take Bournemouth as an example. Hardly any of their squad had prem experience. However, their togetherness and team spirit have enabled for them to stay in the league. Watkins is an exciting young player who we should bring in, in the summer. Exeter fans think this lad is "Special" and i think that this would be a risk that would definitely work out for us. 

Sorry for the long post, but I feel that this summer is vital for the Rams. I urge the recruitment team to look for the young, hungry players who will push us on to the next level. 

Up the Rams!

interesting post but how many of your suggested signing have you seen play regularly this season?

If I was McClaren I'd be looking at getting rid of Weimann, Blackman, Vydra, Camara, Bryson I'd also let Baird go at the end of the season due to his age.

i would look at bringing in Callum Patterson, Jota, Yousuff mulumbu, Ollie Watkins and Ryan Kent  id also look for a younger centre back, it'd be audacious but I would love to have forestieri 

6 hours ago, SIWY said:

I've always been impressed with Ryan Fraser from Bournemouth. He's small but incredibly pacey and I think, as a right footer, he'd do well on the left flank for us where he could cut in onto his right. 

I like that Zaha at Palace and Moses at Chelsea.

Archived