Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, irobinson said:

with what i have just witnessed with Joey Barton - trying to get a fellow footballer sent off live on tv - a non league player - i have to say i don't care if he is some steel which people want in our midfield - I DO NOT want Joey Barton in our football club.

Saw him in starting line-up and decided not to watch that game...

If we're looking for a holding midfielder in the summer I'd like to see us go for Massimo Luongo of QPR, I've been a fan of his since his Swindon days.

Another holding midfielder I like is Stefan Johansen at Fulham. Although he's probably not as sound defensively as Luongo, he does chip in with a few goals and is a great play-maker.

2 hours ago, Kyle guest said:

Would like to see us go in for Alan Judge, very good player and out of contract at the end of the season 

Has he recovered from his bad broken leg? 

Agree him n jota would be good. Paterson as others have said. Maybe too much chatter for us to get Lawrence n Abraham I think. 

Agree that getting free hungry prem releases would be good. Big summer for Mac. 2 more transfer windows for him. Success or out. 

7 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

Agree him n jota would be good. Paterson as others have said. Maybe too much chatter for us to get Lawrence n Abraham I think. 

Agree that getting free hungry prem releases would be good. Big summer for Mac. 2 more transfer windows for him. Success or out. 

He's doing light training allegedly 

On 20/02/2017 at 16:49, oomarkwright said:

If we look at another player we were linked with who we didn't take a risk on. Scott Hogan was injury ridden and this season has proved he can perform. 

What I like about Jota and Judge is that they're not afraid/have the ability to pass a ball forward. 

Tom Lawrence would be a statement of intent if we signed him. But I'd much rather we broaden our scouting network and bought some young, low waged talent who are wanting to stake their claim. 

1 hour ago, Waffle said:

If we look at another player we were linked with who we didn't take a risk on. Scott Hogan was injury ridden and this season has proved he can perform. 

What I like about Jota and Judge is that they're not afraid/have the ability to pass a ball forward. 

Tom Lawrence would be a statement of intent if we signed him. But I'd much rather we broaden our scouting network and bought some young, low waged talent who are wanting to stake their claim. 

Yes, he has proven that he can score. And by the way:

BIRMINGHAM MAIL

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce is facing an anxious wait to learn how long big-money striker Scott Hogan will be out of action for.

Baird, Bent, Blackman, Camara, Weimann, Shackell, Olsson, Bryson, Johnson, Butterfield, Vydra, Russell & Anya. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see them up for sale, at least available for transfer. Hughes and Ince will depend on the interest in them. At least we'd get good money for them. 

I think we need 1x right back, 2x centre backs, 1x defensive midfielder, 2x central midfielders, 1x left winger, 1x right winger & 1x striker. If someone like Hughes, Ince & Keogh leaves, then they will need to be replaced also. 

Big summer and we're used to one signing out of every four showing their value. We probably need to make 40-50 signings to be on the safe side. 

On 01/02/2017 at 15:05, lushrams said:

Transfer Rumour Bingo - Heres my line of names - Bogle, Ibe, Rhodes, McCormack, Mings, Watkins, Sako

You missed Victor Anichebe who we're also linked with every few months. Funnily enough, he's injured at the moment:  http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/sunderland-injury-blow-victor-anichebe-9685713

Archived