Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's early days, we still have lots of firepower, just need to find the right balance and learn the system. Lawrence looks a talent and is a replacement for Ince. We've still only seen snippets of Vydra, played consistently in the right position he's a threat and proven at this level. Martin and Nugent also proven at this level. Back 4 look strong, need to get midfield balance, George is nearing fitness which will be like a new signing. One of the best in his position in the league. The squad we have will do ok with everyone fit. We've gone crazy with new signings before and look where it took us - backwards!

Im desperate to see news on outgoings!! Concerned there won't be any! Not so easy to get rid of expensive players no one wants! 

Johnson, Butterfield, Shackell - would be delighted if these left the club by Thursday. Don't think we would lose anything by getting rid and not signing replacements.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

It's early days, we still have lots of firepower, just need to find the right balance and learn the system. Lawrence looks a talent and is a replacement for Ince. We've still only seen snippets of Vydra, played consistently in the right position he's a threat and proven at this level. Martin and Nugent also proven at this level. Back 4 look strong, need to get midfield balance, George is nearing fitness which will be like a new signing. One of the best in his position in the league. The squad we have will do ok with everyone fit. We've gone crazy with new signings before and look where it took us - backwards!

Im desperate to see news on outgoings!! Concerned there won't be any! Not so easy to get rid of expensive players no one wants! 

Johnson, Butterfield, Shackell - would be delighted if these left the club by Thursday. Don't think we would lose anything by getting rid and not signing replacements.

I doubt Johnson will go.

38 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Has there been more of an anticlimatic signing than Johnson in recent times? 

I don't think peachmyster is writing off Lawrence as I think the same ...

Lawrence in my view is a great signing and when he's settled in will be an asset but even with him I think we still need a creative midfielder to replace Hughes preferably with a good engine and eye for goal .... I know this sounds a bit much to ask but is it really ? Jota fits the bill although not entirely sure about his work rate but midfield is a massive problem for us I think unless we address it in next few days 

2 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

Joel Campbell Loan to perm move? :ph34r::ph34r:

can play anywhere across the 3 behind the striker... would be deadly in this league. probs get him cheap too if we went for perm move

Agent Ainsley ?

Im sure I read Campbell wants a permanent move rather than being loaned again

Just now, muzzamurray said:

you never know, not really getting the games at arsenal. Might just be worth a punt if we manage to shift some dead butter?

Just think how many suitors there would be if he was made available. I'd love to be proven wrong but for a player that featured in half of Arsenal's league games in 15/16 and spent last year at Sporting Lisbon it's incredibly unrealistic, we had enough trouble landing a Leicester reserve.

33 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

Joel Campbell Loan to perm move? can play anywhere across the 3 behind the striker... would be deadly in this league. probs get him cheap too if we went for perm move

30 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

you never know, not really getting the games at arsenal. Might just be worth a punt if we manage to shift some dead butter?

I watched him several times in 2015 while he was playing for Villareal and I wasn't really convinced in his footballing abilities. He is a lightweight. He wasn't a great success over there. The only time I've seen him playing well was for Costa Rica at the 2014 World Cup.

5 minutes ago, lioncoeur said:

I watched him several times in 2015 while he was playing for Villareal and I wasn't really convinced in his footballing abilities. He is a lightweight. He wasn't a great success over there. The only time I've seen him playing well was for Costa Rica at the 2014 World Cup.

I have an inkling he's better than what we currently have.

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I have an inkling he's better than what we currently have.

I really didn't notice anything intriguing about him. He was bang average (scored just 1 goal and created 1 assist in 33 matches) and I also remember him because he played Champions/Europa League matches while at Villareal.

Look at Reading yesterday... £7.5m on Sone Aluko. £7.5m. That is absolute insanity. I'm not sure whether take heart from it and think that someone must be prepared to pay money for our odds and ends. Or be despondent that the market has gone mad and think we should sit tight and just be glad we're not throwing stupid money about again. 

2 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Look at Reading yesterday... £7.5m on Sone Aluko. £7.5m. That is absolute insanity. I'm not sure whether take heart from it and think that someone must be prepared to pay money for our odds and ends. Or be despondent that the market has gone mad and think we should sit tight and just be glad we're not throwing stupid money about again. 

In todays crazy transfer market its important to have a good scouting network to unearth some future prospects for smaller amounts hopefully becoming assets.....alas this is where we fall down massively....who is the last player anyone can think of who we've bought for little yet made millions and i'm not talking about our academy or players who hardly needed scouting...eg Tom Ince.....

Not good enough i'm afraid.....our scouting needs a good looking at IMO

Archived