Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread 17/18

Nuwtfly

Your talking pre Gary rowett about scouting, the previous managers must of liked Butterfield, anya, vydra, Johnson its early in the season look at villa and brum ATM too early to say the players aren't good enough even if bryson or anya went I would like to see the u23 mid fielder given a chance get behind them a couple of wins and a few goals and all forgot

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Look at Reading yesterday... £7.5m on Sone Aluko. £7.5m. That is absolute insanity. I'm not sure whether take heart from it and think that someone must be prepared to pay money for our odds and ends. Or be despondent that the market has gone mad and think we should sit tight and just be glad we're not throwing stupid money about again. 

I am with you on the sit tight and ride the tide of crazy desperate transfers and work with what we have in the squad and the academy 

38 minutes ago, garrym1968 said:

Your talking pre Gary rowett about scouting, the previous managers must of liked Butterfield, anya, vydra, Johnson its early in the season look at villa and brum ATM too early to say the players aren't good enough even if bryson or anya went I would like to see the u23 mid fielder given a chance get behind them a couple of wins and a few goals and all forgot

I dont see Butterfield Anya etc as being a result of scouting though nor is Lawrence, Wisdom etc.....scouting is getting a relatively unknown player and seeing him as a prospect and paying relatively little  ...eg jamie vardy....there are loads of players out there and a lot of clubs vying for them but we seem to never get any of them....if we win 3 in a row it wont change my mind on our scouting....it was better with Clough...Bryson,Martin,Brayford,Buxton didn't cost a lot and turned out to be good players for us.

Just now, Sparkle said:

I am with you on the sit tight and ride the tide of crazy desperate transfers and work with what we have in the squad and the academy 

Yeah, I think we have a good squad and some good prospects.

Give the squad and the academy a chance for a year unless there is someone who could come in for a reasonable price and improve the starting 11 immendiately. I don't want any more of these squad players for massive money on deadline day.

Carson/Mitchell
Keogh/Davies/Shackell/Pearce
Forsyth/Olsson/Lowe
Wisdom/Baird
Huddlestone/Thorne/Hanson
Johnson/Butterfield/Bryson/Elsnik
Russell/Lawrence/Weimann/Anya/Bennett
Martin/Nugent/Vydra/Bent

If we can't be around the top 6 with that lot then there is something seriously wrong. A good starting 11 and more than enough to cover/challenge.

Totally agree, we have enough players who have shown ability in the past both here and at their previous clubs

It's up to GR and his coaching staff to get the best out of them. If they can top 6 should be achievable.

The window closing will atleast bring some stability to the club.

33 minutes ago, EulogyForEvolution said:

Yeah, I think we have a good squad and some good prospects.

Give the squad and the academy a chance for a year unless there is someone who could come in for a reasonable price and improve the starting 11 immendiately. I don't want any more of these squad players for massive money on deadline day.

Carson/Mitchell
Keogh/Davies/Shackell/Pearce
Forsyth/Olsson/Lowe
Wisdom/Baird
Huddlestone/Thorne/Hanson
Johnson/Butterfield/Bryson/Elsnik
Russell/Lawrence/Weimann/Anya/Bennett
Martin/Nugent/Vydra/Bent

If we can't be around the top 6 with that lot then there is something seriously wrong. A good starting 11 and more than enough to cover/challenge.

It looks good on paper doesn't it ?? but who's going to supply the drive from midfield ? we cannot rely on just Bryson for his energy in there...

I haven't seen enough of Elsnik to know if he's capable but if he is surely give him a go...

10 minutes ago, curtains said:

Now that's the sort of player Derby need. 

Newcastle are apparently getting rid due to concerns with his fitness. Consistently having troubles. For a player whose effectiveness is largely based on bursts of pace I think it will be a big concern for anyone picking him up. 20+ goals is decent with a dodgy hamstring but I suspect Newcastle see this as a chance to cash in whilst his stock is high. Ashley is a business man first and foremost. 

3 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Is Lawrence that much better? Paid about the same for him...

Lawrence is a few years younger. Aluko is 28. Lawrence scored and made more last year. I guess with Lawrence there is an element of paying for potential and chance to recoup some or all of that money in the future. I think we paid 5 for Lawrence so there's a good 40% difference there 

7 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

Newcastle are apparently getting rid due to concerns with his fitness. Consistently having troubles. For a player whose effectiveness is largely based on bursts of pace I think it will be a big concern for anyone picking him up. 20+ goals is decent with a dodgy hamstring but I suspect Newcastle see this as a chance to cash in whilst his stock is high. Ashley is a business man first and foremost. 

I do know he has had fitness issues but I think his goals early season got the Geordies to the Premier League along with the likes of Richie and the lad signed from Liverpool by McClaren  Shelvy

Archived