Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

I think, in defence of those who are frustrated at missing out on Wildschut despite the price, the real problem here is that we arguably only needed to improve one position this window - left wing. We needed someone to match Ince on that left hand side, and yet we've bought a CDM from Boro who doesn't look great, and David Nugent, a striker who does the same job as Darren Bent...and is injured.

I wasn't expecting Derby to actually do anything positive in this window, I learnt my lesson in the summer! But it's still disappointing. I think if Derby were going to sign a player today, we would of heard about it by now. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Seems pretty obvious that Norwich were desperate for a left footed player, we've exceeded the market valuation and so simply outbid Derby. 

We've got no left backs, and one left winger who is set to leave (Brady). Our season depends on signing a couple of left footed players today, so clearly we had no Plan B and just had to outbid you. 

Should of asked us everyone here is left footed nearly! ????

If he signs for Norwich at the quoted £7 million, that's an excellent deal for Wigan. £6 million profit after 12 months.

I think we'd all like to someone new come in to freshen up the squad but good value is scarce in the transfer market nowadays, so at that price, it's wise to step away from the negotiation table. This is a time when cooler heads need to prevail.

For all I know, he could be an excellent player and a revelation for Norwich. But for £7 million, would you expect anything less? In a market where Helder Costa costs £13 million and no-one bats an eyelid, we are better off sticking with the tried and trusted in Ince and Russell. 

With our recent track record, it's better for us to be cautious and not get drawn in by the circus of Deadline Day. After spending £10-12 million on Anya, Blackman, Camara and Weimann in recent years without much of a return, does spending even more millions seem practical, unless this player is ready made for the Premier League?

4 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

I think, in defence of those who are frustrated at missing out on Wildschut despite the price, the real problem here is that we arguably only needed to improve one position this window - left wing. We needed someone to match Ince on that left hand side, and yet we've bought a CDM from Boro who doesn't look great, and David Nugent, a striker who does the same job as Darren Bent...and is injured.

I wasn't expecting Derby to actually do anything positive in this window, I learnt my lesson in the summer! But it's still disappointing. I think if Derby were going to sign a player today, we would of heard about it by now. 

I am not disappointed, I want value for money but where we were after the last transfer window - well we have a manager who wants to play football now and we still have the likes of Hughes and Ince because we wouldn't have if Pearson was still here so really we are on the upward turn and my focus is towards next season.

2 minutes ago, Laticman said:

Beckham would out a good cross in though. Yanic's final ball is poor, but if you're happy to pay £7m for him then good for you. 

Not sure if you are struggling to comprehend what is happening today Laticman, but Norwich are selling a bang average 25 year left winger for £13m. 

If Wildschut our 25 year old replacement left winger is also bang average, then clearly we are still net winners. We make £6m in profit that we can use to balance the books or spend elsewhere on the team.

The profit we are making on Brady (£6m) is exactly the same as the profit you are making on Wildschut (£6m), so clearly we aren't going to feel like we've been mugged. 

BBC are reporting

12:22

Wigan winger Yanic Wildschut is on his way to Norwich after the Latics accepted a £7m bid.

Wildschut, who has only been at Wigan a year, handed in a transfer request last night.

He's heading to Carrow Road for a medical.

Sounds like we've played this one right. He reminds me a little of Ibe in his strengths and his raw talents. Having seen Mac get the best out of Ibe (eventually) it could have been a gamble worth taking at a few million in today's market. 

But once the price got to £7million...that's getting to proven player money. Smart to walk away 

Archived