Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, whiteroseram said:

Sounds like we've played this one right. He reminds me a little of Ibe in his strengths and his raw talents. Having seen Mac get the best out of Ibe (eventually) it could have been a gamble worth taking at a few million in today's market. 

But once the price got to £7million...that's getting to proven player money. Smart to walk away 

Very well put 

Be very interested to know what Norwich fans think about this signing at the quoted price of £7million pounds.

Huge jump up from the £4million we reportedly offered.

Think most fans of our club would've questioned signing him for that fee and there would also have been an expectation for him to live up to that fee.

When you consider ince  cost £4.5million with a healthy track record in the championship it goes to show how the fees are spiralling out of control.

January transfer windows make me nervous because there is always the pressure for clubs to sign players but sometimes the signings appear to be just the sake of getting someone, anyone in to appease fans.

Think this window we've played it about right.

Experienced campaigner, loan and a younger player to bring on to hopefully become a first team member. 

Hopefully we won't be lashing out on last minute craziness. 

Although if it is the right type of player (ambiguous I know) then maybe......

Personally be glad to see the window shut to stop some of the more ridiculous column filling in the press.

For which I'm sorry to say the Derby Telegraph is very guilty of. Rehashing the same story over and over again without saying anything new. 

5 minutes ago, 86 points said:

£7 mill seems like blinding value for a player with a whole half a season of decent football behind him. Gutted.

£7 million for a 25 year old who's made 197 career appearances and scored 27 goals? 

No thank you but well played Wigan you've truly had the Norwich trousers down and spanked their arse.

Now that's panic buying by a Manager that's almost ****** 

5 minutes ago, Supermac said:

£7 million for a 25 year old who's made 197 career appearances and scored 27 goals? 

No thank you but well played Wigan you've truly had the Norwich trousers down and spanked their arse.

Now that's panic buying by a Manager that's almost ****** 

Think we should have Villa'd them and just gone in at £10 mill straight off the bat. Opportunity lost IMO.

We could invest 2 million of the 5 million we were willing to spend on Yanic on a decent worldwide scouting network between now and the end of the season and then sign a couple of good players using the other 3 million we were willing to spend on Yanic.

The last two transfer windows have shown us, to get the quality we crave we need to spend big money! Unless we look abroad.

15 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

We could invest 2 million of the 5 million we were willing to spend on Yanic on a decent worldwide scouting network between now and the end of the season and then sign a couple of good players using the other 3 million we were willing to spend on Yanic.

The last two transfer windows have shown us, to get the quality we crave we need to spend big money! Unless we look abroad.

This post makes far too much sense for my liking.

55 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Will wait until the summer. No point buying him now to sit on the bench when he can play consistently at Exeter. 

That's exactly our problem we wait then price rises or another team come in for him then we lose out!

Just now, JayRam1 said:

That's exactly our problem we wait then price rises or another team come in for him then we lose out!

I don't think the Watkins price will rise too much, so we should be OK.

My concern is that, it was so so obvious we needed to strengthen down the left-hand side...yet we buy De Sart, who looks like a slower Omar Mascarell, and David Nugent, who just does what Darren Bent does.

The recruitment team at Derby are incompetent. 

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

My concern is that, it was so so obvious we needed to strengthen down the left-hand side...yet we buy De Sart, who looks like a slower Omar Mascarell, and David Nugent, who just does what Darren Bent does.

I think the recruitment team at the club are just here for the crack.

If you imagine the money spent on Camara, Blackman, Anya and Nugent as well as the combined wages were given to a competent person in the world of Worldwide transfers, it could be frightening.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

If you imagine the money spent on Camara, Blackman, Anya and Nugent as well as the combined wages were given to a competent person in the world of Worldwide transfers, it could be frightening.

Don't forget the Vydra fee! We'll never be able to sell him for more.

Blackman I'm still convinced will come good, especially under McClaren, but might be the only one of the forum with that opinion. 

Needed a goal-scoring wide man. Got David Nugent. Sigh. 

3 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Agree in principle but how many games have they played between them? Probably as many in all as a certain striker who cost nearly as much as them combined. I'll wait to see what Nugent can do for us before writing him off I reckon .

13 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Nugent is nothing like Darren Bent. And he has featured for 20 minutes. Give the bloke a chance mate! 

Archived