Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In terms of our FFP I prefer not to blow our stash and leave no room for manoeuvre 

in terms of I want I want I want, well really when did we sign someone on deadline day who was a real game changer (in a positive way) usually we have seemed to have lost more than we gained.

I've just heard Norwich are paying £7m for Wildschut and I'm amazed. He's not worth anything like that so they must be desperate. We play Norwich next Tuesday at our place. It'll be interesting to see what reception Yanic gets if he's a Norwich player by then. You've not missed out Rams so don't despair. 

20 minutes ago, Stedcfc said:

Definitely not worth the £7m mentioned on SSN.

Move on!

Worth factoring in that signing Yanis Wildschut is probably what has swung the Mitchell Dijks deal for us, and that's a huge signing. Dijks played left back behind Wildschut at Heerenveen, so although £7m may be a big fee it does come with the added bonus of meaning that we've got two new players on that left side who have played together for the Holland U21's and in the Eredivisie.

Dijks is the huge signing, assuming that we have a future fee agreed for the permanent as believed. 

Robbie Brady has been bang average for us this season. In fact he was bang average most of last season too, although he is a marketing departments dream as he's becoming Ireland's new poster boy now that Robbie Keane has retired.

If we pay over the odds for Wildschut at £7m, it will at least be in the knowledge that £6m of the the £13m fee that will be paid for Brady is for his future commercial value rather than his ability as a footballer. Occasionally we see glimpses of a player who looks Premier League quality, not anywhere near often enough to call him one of our most important players unfortunately. 

The only reason you rate Brady is because he made a name for himself at the Euro's, proving my point. Was backup to Andrew Robertson at Hull, very patchy for us in the Premier League, and largely ineffective for us this season. He's bang average.

Regardless of whether he'd have been a good signing or not, we do seem to be missing out on a number of players we've been linked with. I wonder how much of this is down to whether we were actually interested or not (paper talk, agent talk, etc), whether we've been priced out (FFP, price exceeding our valuation) or whether the player has turned us down or preferred a move elsewhere.

20 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

Might look a lot better playing alongside higher quality team mates.

There is no higher quality team mate than Bucko.

1 minute ago, DerbyPride said:

Regardless of whether he'd have been a good signing or not, we do seem to be missing out on a number of players we've been linked with. I wonder how much of this is down to whether we were actually interested or not (paper talk, agent talk, etc), whether we've been priced out (FFP, price exceeding our valuation) or whether the player has turned us down or preferred a move elsewhere.

Who have we missed out on? I can only think of Lansbury and that was mainly due to Fawaz refusing to sell to us. 

15 minutes ago, Laticman said:

Better players around him wont suddenly make him cross a ball well

1 minute ago, NorwichLad said:

You could put David Beckham in the Wigan team mate.... Adam Le Fondre still wouldn't score goals.

We appreciate both of your in put but if you want to get into a head to head please could you find a different place for it.

Thank you.

8 minutes ago, DerbyPride said:

Seems pretty obvious that Norwich were desperate for a left footed player, we've exceeded the market valuation and so simply outbid Derby. 

We've got no left backs, and one left winger who is set to leave (Brady). Our season depends on signing a couple of left footed players today, so clearly we had no Plan B and just had to outbid you. 

1 minute ago, rynny said:

We appreciate both of your in put but if you want to get into a head to head please could you find a different place for it.

Thank you.

I was just preparing popcorn for everyone.

Archived