Yanic Wildschut - Signed for Norwich

DCFC4LIFE

22 minutes ago, Laticman said:

Do

Why? Derby aren't a big club. Little Wigan had 8 seasons in the Premier League and won the FA Cup but we have no delusions of grandeur. 

And we're are you now ? Your not a big club you were just punching above your weight for a long time . Well done on the past successes your Club has achieved but I'm afraid that's all they are. 

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Laticman said:

Anyway Rams fans, good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully we will survive to play you next season (if you don't get promoted). A bit of banter is good between fans. I have fond memories of visiting the Baseball Ground in the late 60s and certainly don't have any animosity towards your club. 

Good one .

No hard feelings hope the ex Derby players help to keep you up mate. 

Thanks. We live in the shadow of the rugby team and the four big Manc / Scouse teams but we are doing ok. No debt and a decent stadium and certainly no ideas above our station. I remember watching Wigan in the Northern Premier League so what we've achieved since has been a sensation. The FA Cup win was the best day of my life. 

51 minutes ago, Laticman said:

If you are stupid enough to stump up £5m for Wildschut I'd snatch your hand off. He's a one trick pony Derby fans and won't improve your team. Now he's handed in a transfer request I hope he goes. You need to hope he doesn't land at Derby. 

Oh heck here we go again

44 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

When Wigan played us at Pride Park he was their standout player and you can see why McClaren might want him - powerful , direct runner, who's pace will cause defenders problems.

My concern is that he doesn't seem to have much of an output in terms of assists or goals. At the price being quoted I would want more proven quality than just 'runs fast and direct'. Less goals in his entire career than Russell has scored at Derby alone, and he's only a year younger than Russell.

I'd pass, especially for £6 million.

Expensive for a place on the bench ultimately 

26 minutes ago, Laticman said:

Still won the FA Cup matey

Yes well done, I wish I could watch my team do that I really do.

10 minutes ago, Laticman said:

Anyway Rams fans, good luck for the rest of the season. Hopefully we will survive to play you next season (if you don't get promoted). A bit of banter is good between fans. I have fond memories of visiting the Baseball Ground in the late 60s and certainly don't have any animosity towards your club. 

Had a bit of time for Wigan ever since the promotion race from Div 3 in 1985/6 (?). Hope you stay up. At the expense of Forest. It's like Derby reserves up there now anyway. I'd love Wildschut down here though. Rate him on what I've seen.

8 minutes ago, Rample said:

Sky reporting we're keen and in talks but the fee of up to £6m is an issue. Norwich also interested. Maybe that depends on Brady going.

Six million is huge, now the £12 million wolves paid yesterday for costa is actually good value in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I've just found a dusty book in the sports section in the library, it stated

"Dave Whelan once broke his leg playing in the FA Cup final"

who knew?

Get away?!

That's the sort of story they should make much more of, it's amazing no-one's publicised it before.

11 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I'd target someone who's been consistent at this level for at least 2 years, even if they aren't in great form right now

How things have changed, scouts used to identify a player and then his form would be checked before buying .The late great BC would never buy an out of form player .So yes consistent couple of years but in form .

41 minutes ago, Boycie said:

who knew?

Does it have a chapter about Carl Froch knocking Groves out in front of 80,000 people at Wembley in it? 

44 minutes ago, Boycie said:

who knew?

I thought he broke his leg when he celebrated Ben Watson's goal at Wembley in the FA Cup final?

Archived