Genuine deadwood

Sparkle

we all have our own opinions  of whom is deadwood  in our current  squad     the sad criteria is how much of a loss would it costs us in off loading  or deadwood  ,,but more to the point  whom would want them  ,    to me Vdyra  is a waste  of £8 plus million     we wouldnt recuperate  half of what we paid  ,  Admit  he never asked to join us   plus he never set his transfer price  ,    i do hope he can turn the corner   and prove me wrong   and sadly he isnt on his own 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me definitely Bryson and Russell, Both have been great servants to the club but Bryson now has no effect on the game when he gets the chance to play and Russell works hard but his quality and end product are not good. Maybe also Weimann as no manager seems to give him a go so i presume he doesn't show much in training and doesn't step up when he gets the chance to play. The jury is still out on Vydra, Anya, Camara & Blackman...I think Anya & Vydra could be good given a run in the team possibly on the left as for Camara and Blackman at the moment no where near good enough. Olsson for me doesn't look strong enough and always seems to be on edge would prefer Lowe & Forsyth when fit. But agree we need to shift a few out to strengthen...But who will want them??

4 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Agree totally. I could maybe forsake the lack of goals for great all round workrate and support play but that is rarely forthcoming either. When we are under the cosh a bit like last night then having a player of Benty's style up there isn't at all helpful. Just an observation. I don't wish to single out Darren or be overly critical but 3 goals from open play from our main striker who has started most games is not going to help us get where we want to be.

which is probably why Mac has moved to try get martin back and to sign Nugent.

Im sure he will come in use, coming off the bench, particurlaly when we are chasing a game, and are putting balls in the box.

But last night was not a game for him.

6 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

I'd disagree with others and say weimann needs a chance on the left wing, no one else has done any good there. Vydra needs a stern talking to by mcclaren about his attitude last night and his future discussed, I'd look at moving on Bryson an Russell at least, we desperately need a new centre mid

Not sure if any stern talking would resolve the Vydra situation. Mac didn't sign an £8 million player who looks like he is over priced by £7.5 million. Vydra didn't sign for Mac who has no intent on playing to 4-4-2. Bit of a statement there, and I expect Vydra to be sold on at some point in the future for 'an undisclosed fee' 

30 minutes ago, europia said:

Not sure if any stern talking would resolve the Vydra situation. Mac didn't sign an £8 million player who looks like he is over priced by £7.5 million. Vydra didn't sign for Mac who has no intent on playing to 4-4-2. Bit of a statement there, and I expect Vydra to be sold on at some point in the future for 'an undisclosed fee' 

Quite possibly yes, it just frustrates me because there is a really good player there, but both player and manager can't get it out 

Before the start of next season I'd definitely sell:

Bryson

Johnson

Russell

Weimann

Bent

Olssen

I would give first team opportunities (in their preferred roles/formation) to the following between now and May and if there are no signs of improvement I'd sell:

Camara

Blackman

Vydra

If all nine of the above departed there would be no need to replace Olssen as we have two excellent LB's on the books. If Hanson isn't considered good enough to be second choice DM to Thorne then we need a quality alternative to the injury prone George. A couple of quality CM's to replace Bryson and Johnson and a kick up the arse for Butterfield would be required too. Throw in better wide options then currently provided by Weimann and Russell (and Camara and Blackman if they ultimately fail) and a striker who scores and contributes (Martin maybe) and we'll storm the league next season. Or finish tenth possibly.

We should look to experiment a little imho during the remainder of the season as we won't go down and now strikes me as a great time to look at Blackman up front, Vydra in a partnership, Hanson as DM and Vernam too.

Deadwood: Weimann, Blackman

Players not suited to our style: Anya, Vydra, Bent, Nugent

Players not good enough: Camara, Hanson, 

Older players we should move on: Baird, Shackell, 

Squad players, not quite top six first-teamers so open to sell: Bryson, Olsson

Players we could improve on in respective positions: Bradley Johnson, Jacob Butterfield, Johnny Russell, Cyrus Christie

The only players I feel comfortable are good enough for what we want to achieve in this league: Carson, Forsyth, Keogh, Pearce, Thorne, Hughes, Ince and Martin (also happy with Lowe, though Forsyth is ahead of him).

34 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Players we could improve on in respective positions: Bradley Johnson, Jacob Butterfield, Johnny Russell, Cyrus Christie

The only players I feel comfortable are good enough for what we want to achieve in this league: Carson, Forsyth, Keogh, Pearce, Thorne, Hughes, Ince and Martin (also happy with Lowe, though Forsyth is ahead of him).

Should we not give Nugent 45 mins or so to adapt to our way of playing before we write him off? Nah you're right - f#ck him.

Whats the difference between being a player thats not good enough and being deadwood? Which is it better to be?

41 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Can't argue with most of that although I am prepared to give nugent a fair crack at it 

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Presume you have everything crossed that forsythe can come back from his injuries. 

Not a given IMHO. 

15 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Presume you have everything crossed that forsythe can come back from his injuries. 

Not a given IMHO. 

You're right, and not a given Thorne will ever be the same player either. Means we've got a busy summer up ahead if we want to get back to the level we were at in Mac's first reign.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

What's the difference between players we could improve on and players not good enough? You've got one extra category there when those four players should fit into one of the other categories, possibly the one just above it.

Also think it's harsh to writ Nugent off without the opportunity. Look at Chris Martin before we signed him - you wouldn't have said he was good enough for anything and now look at him. At least give him the same amount of time I've given Vydra!

14 minutes ago, rammieib said:

What's the difference between players we could improve on and players not good enough? You've got one extra category there when those four players should fit into one of the other categories, possibly the one just above it.

Also think it's harsh to writ Nugent off without the opportunity. Look at Chris Martin before we signed him - you wouldn't have said he was good enough for anything and now look at him. At least give him the same amount of time I've given Vydra!

To be fair to Bris, he's not saying that Nugent isn't good enough. It's just that he doesn't think Nugent suits our style.

3 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Can't find much fault with this bar at least giving Nugent a chance at least..

Presumably Mac brought him in for a reason,although if he can't hold up the ball and distribute a,la Martin,I'm not quite sure what his purpose is other than being a more prolific goalscorer than bent?

2 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Nothing worse than fake deadwood. A lot of cheap imitations can be bought on the internet these days. My neighbour recently ordered a pair of shoes from the internet, they were genuine but different sizes.True story.

That's a terrible tale.....

My mate who has real feet but false legs often gets himself involved in similar heartbreaking scams.

Archived