Genuine deadwood

Sparkle

People say we need to move on the deadwood but who do you think is genuine deadwood 

(yes I know it is not easy due to the contracts they are on)

for me 

Blackman and wieman 

( now there are others I do not think are good enough but we can make use of them)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weimann. Be fair all round to let him get on with his career somewhere else.

Bent. 26 appearances this season 5 goals. One a penalty v Brum and one in the league cup v Carlisle. Add to this the frequent lack of initiative and I just cannot see how a side purporting to have play off aspirations can have their primary striker with stats like these. It's not acceptable but just my opinion. He has worked hard in games but on an irregular basis and his lack of regular goals don't make up for this I'm afraid.

Blackman possibly.

I think what is clear I that those coming on to make an impact off the bench need to start making their opportunities count. Currently they aren't really giving Mac any incentive to keep them on at the club.

I'd disagree with others and say weimann needs a chance on the left wing, no one else has done any good there. Vydra needs a stern talking to by mcclaren about his attitude last night and his future discussed, I'd look at moving on Bryson an Russell at least, we desperately need a new centre mid

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I'd disagree with others and say weimann needs a chance on the left wing, no one else has done any good there. Vydra needs a stern talking to by mcclaren about his attitude last night and his future discussed, I'd look at moving on Bryson an Russell at least, we desperately need a new centre mid

Watching the last 2 games without Johnny on that left wing has made me appreciate what he does a lot more . 

Just now, RiddingsRam said:

Watching the last 2 games without Johnny on that left wing has made me appreciate what he does a lot more . 

I think he's the right style of player, but his impact has been so minimal in recent weeks that I think weimann will do a better job in a similar role, would get shot of Camara tho

Maybe not dead wood but I think we have a lot of players in the squad who could be improved upon quite easily.

camara, weimann, Blackman all poor signings and had their chance.

olsson is ok but think Forsyth is better and Lowe looked an improvement in the few games he's played.

vydra looks a shocker, not been played in a two up front but equally is not likely to be any time soon. Needs to adapt or move on.

sad to say but Bryson seems to have lost something from a couple of years ago, still puts in the running but doesn't seem to break okay up with it anymore, goals dried up to and seems to struggle to get into games.

1 hour ago, swiftur said:

Everyone beside hughes ,carson pearce and thorne[ if he can get fully fit].

Keogh?! The club record number of clean sheets was achieved by carrying him?

I cannot believe how little some folk think of him, yes he would need replacing if we went up but at this level the stats don't lie.

if you're counting Thorne who is injured (oh how we miss him) then don't forget Fozzy, Lowe and Christie.

1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Weimann. Be fair all round to let him get on with his career somewhere else.

Bent. 26 appearances this season 5 goals. One a penalty v Brum and one in the league cup v Carlisle. Add to this the frequent lack of initiative and I just cannot see how a side purporting to have play off aspirations can have their primary striker with stats like these. It's not acceptable but just my opinion. He has worked hard in games but on an irregular basis and his lack of regular goals don't make up for this I'm afraid.

Blackman possibly.

I think what is clear I that those coming on to make an impact off the bench need to start making their opportunities count. Currently they aren't really giving Mac any incentive to keep them on at the club.

Ive come to the conclusion Bent just dont suit us.

Hes a player that thrives on service, and he doesnt get much of that from us.

I reckon he would have had a couple if he had been against us last night. Leeds get crosses in, and penetrated our penalty area on countless occasions.

Dont expect Bent to do anything with regards to holding it or linking play, he is all about the balls being played to him in the box, something we dont do much of as a team.

The two best games that stand out to me of bent at derby was wolves away this season, and Birmingham away last season (early season when clement experimeted with a 4-4-2)

he should have had a hatrick in both games because as a side we created a lot of scoring situations in both games and should have scored more than we did in both games.

16 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

Maybe not dead wood but I think we have a lot of players in the squad who could be improved upon quite easily.

camara, weimann, Blackman all poor signings and had their chance.

olsson is ok but think Forsyth is better and Lowe looked an improvement in the few games he's played.

vydra looks a shocker, not been played in a two up front but equally is not likely to be any time soon. Needs to adapt or move on.

sad to say but Bryson seems to have lost something from a couple of years ago, still puts in the running but doesn't seem to break okay up with it anymore, goals dried up to and seems to struggle to get into games.

Bryson doesn't have the discipline to play in a three.

Last night he was chasing down the goalkeeper. Once the ball was cleared it was headed back into a midfield which had four Leeds players against two from Derby. Senseless.

1 minute ago, jagerbob said:

Ive come to the conclusion Bent just dont suit us.

Hes a player that thrives on service, and he doesnt get much of that from us.

I reckon he would have had a couple if he had been against us last night. Leeds get crosses in, and penetrated our penalty area on countless occasions.

Dont expect Bent to do anything with regards to holding it or linking play, he is all about the balls being played to him in the box, something we dont do much of as a team.

Agree totally. I could maybe forsake the lack of goals for great all round workrate and support play but that is rarely forthcoming either. When we are under the cosh a bit like last night then having a player of Benty's style up there isn't at all helpful. Just an observation. I don't wish to single out Darren or be overly critical but 3 goals from open play from our main striker who has started most games is not going to help us get where we want to be.

Archived