Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

4 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

Or there manager sees Cairney more of a pivotal point in his team than Rowett does Ince. 

Or Fulham haven't had 2 seasons of an atrocious transfer policy and can afford to keep their star players.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

There's a sad parallel to be made between us and Fulham this summer.

Not long ago they were floundering around mid-table, looking set for a long stay in the Championship, while we looked set to challenge for an automatic promotion spot.

Now, on the day we sell our best player to Huddersfield fu57ing Town, they sign theirs onto a new long-term contract, after spurning interest of around £20m.

Football's a funny old game. 

On the flip-side though, Fulham sold their two best players last summer (Dembele and McCormack) and got in the playoffs. 

Reasons to be cheerful.

9 minutes ago, jono said:

I have a strong sense that the only signings in this window will be oportunistic ones rather than any high fee headline grabbers.

I've said this already somewhere but it bears repeating - so far having signed a top championship centre-back and a full-back we pretty much all thought 4 years ago was class - The exact type of player I've been advocating we sign for ages (from a top PL club, not going to make it there, hungry to prove he's got what it takes)

Yes - Both were opportunistic in that they happened to be available at the right price to us - However I think it shows that a) decent quality players still want to sign for us and b) Rowett isn't going to bring in just any old dross

6 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

There's a sad parallel to be made between us and Fulham this summer.

Not long ago they were floundering around mid-table, looking set for a long stay in the Championship, while we looked set to challenge for an automatic promotion spot.

Now, on the day we sell our best player to Huddersfield fu57ing Town, they sign theirs onto a new long-term contract, after spurning interest of around £20m.

Football's a funny old game. 

They've were forced to play a team of teenagers when they first got relegated because they sold all of their first teamers to make sure they didn't break themselves with PL wages - Needless to say some of those players have turned out to be decent - And they've managed to add in some championship wage level talent - But even then they've only had one decent season so far and despite a lot of pundits rating them for the playoffs they didn't manage it

Let's see what happens this season before we go too doom and gloom

13 minutes ago, jono said:

I have a strong sense that the only signings in this window will be oportunistic ones rather than any high fee headline grabbers. We have been operating as a spending club for quite a while and logic says to me that it isn't sustainable. Need some cash in numbers and the wages bill down. So replacing Ince with a new "star" name is IMO less than likely 

I some what agree however didn't Rowett say something along the lines of they were looking at other teams 'best players' to potentially replace Ince if he were to go ? (I realise that doesn't directly translate to star names necessarily)

Good luck to the lad, he did ok for us and himself.

meanwhile I am not concerned about replacing him, for both wide positions we have players who are very capable of producing what we need as a team in Russell, wieman, Anya and Bennett ( I just can't see a footballer in Blackman worthy of a spot in our team) 

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I've said this already somewhere but it bears repeating - so far having signed a top championship centre-back and a full-back we pretty much all thought 4 years ago was class - The exact type of player I've been advocating we sign for ages (from a top PL club, not going to make it there, hungry to prove he's got what it takes)

Yes - Both were opportunistic in that they happened to be available at the right price to us - However I think it shows that a) decent quality players still want to sign for us and b) Rowett isn't going to bring in just any old dross

They've were forced to play a team of teenagers when they first got relegated because they sold all of their first teamers to make sure they didn't break themselves with PL wages - Needless to say some of those players have turned out to be decent - And they've managed to add in some championship wage level talent - But even then they've only had one decent season so far and despite a lot of pundits rating them for the playoffs they didn't manage it

Let's see what happens this season before we go too doom and gloom

Your right we need to wait and see what happens. It's just a little hard to feel optimistic after selling both Hughes and Ince. 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Good luck to the lad, he did ok for us and himself.

meanwhile I am not concerned about replacing him, for both wide positions we have players who are very capable of producing what we need as a team in Russell, wieman, Anya and Bennett ( I just can't see a footballer in Blackman worthy of a spot in our team) 

I disagree I don't think we have enough quality from wide position. Bennett is raw and hasn't really demonstrated anything to suggest he will up to standard for a promotion push. Anya is player who only has crossing on his mind but who's crossing is poor. Weimann has had one good game for Derby in his entire time, provides little creative spark and is arguably a striker pushed out wide. Russell I will give you based on how he has played before this last season but even russell I wouldn't bank on and would want good competition for his place.

Color me pessimistic but I thought we needed more quality in the wide forwards/wingers before Ince left and certainly need it now.

40 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I disagree I don't think we have enough quality from wide position. Bennett is raw and hasn't really demonstrated anything to suggest he will up to standard for a promotion push. Anya is player who only has crossing on his mind but who's crossing is poor. Weimann has had one good game for Derby in his entire time, provides little creative spark and is arguably a striker pushed out wide. Russell I will give you based on how he has played before this last season but even russell I wouldn't bank on and would want good competition for his place.

Color me pessimistic but I thought we needed more quality in the wide forwards/wingers before Ince left and certainly need it now.

I am not a fan of wieman but he may benifit from actually playing whilst on loan at wolves so opportunity for him, i class anya and Bennett as the substitute role out wide, but my main optimism is the Chris Martin/Vydra/Nugent scenario in that if they can combine well and they should then we become very potent attacking wise and the wider players simply need to supply the ball properly to them and pick up the pieces if it overspills to their side of the pitch 

last season we were so poor until nugent came into the team( good signing Mac) and Ince for all his quality never changed from just cutting in onto his left foot to shoot - he rarely passed near the penalty box even when others were very well placed

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Your right we need to wait and see what happens. It's just a little hard to feel optimistic after selling both Hughes and Ince. 

Yeh I know - But I think we now have a very nice defensive unit in place - And whilst it's a shame to lose our best players they both deserve a shot at the Premier League by now (which we haven't given them) and I actually think the game against Wolves (keep on about it) shows that our team is capable of playing exciting, interesting and dangerous football without Hughes - And possibly even without Ince...

Also - I've in the early stages of dating a new girl - Worrying about how I'm going to balls that up is taking all of my capacity to worry at the moment - Never mind worrying about the true love of my life (DCFC for the sake of clarity)

3 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Also - I've in the early stages of dating a new girl - Worrying about how I'm going to balls that up is taking all of my capacity to worry at the moment - Never mind worrying about the true love of my life (DCFC for the sake of clarity)

317ac8d7a37f1b2ea7cbe2265babe07f.png

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Keep twisting and turning, your figures have been near enough spot on so far, and have gained the admiration of the top brass.

I'm certainly twisting and turning now,rev. When I thought I was no longer going to post some time ago I deleted a load of archived links,including FFP. Just thought I'd have another look at FFP and came across this:-

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/

This is a bit different to what I saw before and says that the 3rd of the 3 year rolling set will be projected accounts (which seems to be confirmed by the League). What I don't understand is that the article earlier states that the maximum allowable loss per season is £13m. If clubs have to comply with this,then what's the point of looking at 3 years ,because the aggregate's bound to be under £39m.

My previous understanding was that if a club posted below £13m,then it could use that undershoot to its advantage in another year within the 3 year cycle,but now I just don't know.

If it had said that the maximum per year was £13m unless a larger loss,taken in conjunction with the 2 previous years,came to £39m or less,I'd have understood it all.

I'm not feeling great at the mo and will have another look later,but I'm not confident it'll get any clearer. 

Archived