Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

3 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I remain hopeful that Rowett is the right fit for our current needs.

l don't think he will feel any pressure to deliver big ticket signings, but hopefully the two or three he brings in will be good footballers who make us a more competitive, cohesive team. Let the 'entitled ones' moan l say.

ln respect of the players we have "overpaid for/perhaps under-amortised" l am hoping he will play them back up to value. Butters, Johnson, Anya, Vydra and Weimann are top end championship players, and in a flexible 442/4231 system l think could still end up as decent players for our beloved Rams.

Enjoy the season ahead Ramblur.

I'll certainly do that i-Ram,and I fully expect a somnolent village to be roused by a series of big roars:D

I just thought Gary seemed to have aged in his last interview.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RamNut said:

£145 for 19 matches? Thats unreal?

Precisely - nowhere near enough. They'd need to pay me a lot more than £145 to watch West Ham for a season.

44 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Well,I don't know the figures for 16/17,but what I do know is that turnover of c £22.6m in 15/16 was blitzed by direct operating costs of c£35m +admin expenses of c£15m. The FFP situation was only 'saved' by the hefty loan cancellation, turning what would otherwise have been a £21m FFP loss into only £9m(our FFP exemptions seem to be running at £5m+). So what happened in 16/17 to change the underlying position? Now I don't know what happened to admin expenses,but there's every chance direct operating costs could easily have risen as a result of new amortisation charges probably trumping wage savings.Surprise,surprise we have player sale profits+Martin loan fee roughly equivalent to the loan cancellation of the year before.

Thus onto the current year -what happened to the underlying costs from the previous year,which tend to be the starting point for the following year? Should we be surprised by big player sales again?

By the way, I don't think there was any need for the 'mighty' bit.I don't see myself as mighty,just as someone who works away trying to keep you all as informed as possible on financial matters,to the best of my ability.

Mate you keep doing what you do.

And I think the mighty part may well have been a compliment.

You're certainly mighty in my eyes.

In the best most complimentary sense of the word.

5 minutes ago, AmberRamber said:

Mate you keep doing what you do.

And I think the mighty part may well have been a compliment.

You're certainly mighty in my eyes.

In the best most complimentary sense of the word.

Thanks,and I may have been a bit fast out of the traps there,as he did go on to say something like 'if I don't know,very few on the planet will'. I'd have to say though that there'll be millions upon millions on the planet far more capable than me! So apologies to @VulcanRam

Without going into too much detail it looks to me like Ince wants to play in the premier league. Huddersfield have picked up on this and have offered Ince the opportunity to do this. Derby have said to Huddersfield they value to replace Ince at £11m. Huddersfield have offered c £8.5m with add ons upto £11m.

I haven't a clue if we need to sell to comply with FFP but reading between the line could this be why SR has gone? If so we may have taken a reckless gamble that hasn't paid off. 

Even the Forest fans at work are saying we have taken on the Fawaz model. 

All the speculation on whether we have complied or not may come out in the wash. We may get an opportunity to ask at an open forum. We may never know. I suspect the biggest indication would be if GW spends any more money or looks for freebies. 

To be honest I'm not too worried either way. Gary obviously has a system in mind and thinks he can cope without Tom. 

Spending big hasn't worked...so if it's tightening up the squad, bringing in hungry cheaper players with a point to proof then so be it..buying established names really hasn't worked. Willing to try the altwrnative if necessary. 

14 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

FFP?

Serious question, QPR gained promotion after sticking two fingers up at FFP, to my knowledge they still haven't received any punishment for that, so why do clubs take it seriously?

I'm still clinging onto the hope that world football will be reversed back to May 2014 and we're automatically promoted in their place.

Will be guttered if he goes... Can't see many Wingers matching his work rate (Never thought i'd say that), Goals and assists.

Especially for the price. Still I do believe in what Rowett is doing and believe we'll be better for it. So I keep telling myself any way.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Without going into too much detail it looks to me like Ince wants to play in the premier league. Huddersfield have picked up on this and have offered Ince the opportunity to do this. Derby have said to Huddersfield they value to replace Ince at £11m. Huddersfield have offered c £8.5m with add ons upto £11m.

I haven't a clue if we need to sell to comply with FFP but reading between the line could this be why SR has gone? If so we may have taken a reckless gamble that hasn't paid off. 

Even the Forest fans at work are saying we have taken on the Fawaz model. 

All the speculation on whether we have complied or not may come out in the wash. We may get an opportunity to ask at an open forum. We may never know. I suspect the biggest indication would be if GW spends any more money or looks for freebies. 

The thing is though , if as many speculate on here we are running close to the edge regarding ffp then why would we have just committed  £4 milllion on Wisdom when we already have two right backs in the squad ? 

9 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

The thing is though , if as many speculate on here we are running close to the edge regarding ffp then why would we have just committed  £4 milllion on Wisdom when we already have two right backs in the squad ? 

Yeah I honestly think it's a load of rubbish.

Rowett wants his own team and the only way he can do that is by clearing out and starting again.

22 minutes ago, RiddingsRam said:

I'm not saying we're selling due to FFP.  I haven't got a clue if we are or not but as you have pointed out we seem to be ok making signings. We do need to sell to bring in though. Which may indicate we haven't got much leg room.

As always with these things it'll be a combination of the two, we can't bring in the type & calibre of player Rowett believes he needs to balance the squad and suit his style of play without making headroom within the squad and raising some funds.  Unfortunately that will mean selling a couple of key players because they are deemed good enough for the Prem.  That was probably always going to be a sacrifice that was needed and I don't think it matters who goes now as long as GR can bring in the right replacements.  Time will tell ?

2 hours ago, Ashz09 said:

Will be guttered if he goes... Can't see many Wingers matching his work rate (Never thought i'd say that), Goals and assists.

Especially for the price. Still I do believe in what Rowett is doing and believe we'll be better for it. So I keep telling myself any way.

You can guarantee, any replacement for ince will be a workaholic 

GR won't sign anything less

5 hours ago, RiddingsRam said:

As you said " as many speculate"-doesn't mean it's true! As for the Wisdom signing ,it's £2m possibly rising to £4.5m,that'll probably be based on appearances and possible promotion? Good signing as Baird's contract is up next June and Christie's future here is in doubt.

Interesting that GR has been quoted a few times as saying ..."we need a different kind of striker". Anyone got any idea what he means?! Presumably he means different to those we have already?? So, an out and out plank? 6ft 7inc aerial bombardier? :mellow:

Archived