Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

32 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

That's a pretty narrow range mate. 

Lots of variables as you correctly state. I'm less punchy than you but the truth will out eventually. 

Unfortunately it won't,because it's not a simple case of deducting 15/16 amortisation from 16/17 figure. The 15/16 figure will include some with only half year amortisation,which then becomes full year in 16/17.On the other hand,there's a possibility that some older contracts may have been amortised out in 15/16,and so not feature in 16/17.

You wouldn't believe the amount of twisting and turning I've done over the years,trying to 'get at' figures,only to hit snags in many cases.

PS To get to the £5m you suggested as a possibility,Vydra would have to have a very low (possibly zero) RV,which I don't think is realistic in relation to what happened in 15/16. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, ramblur said:

Unfortunately it won't,because it's not a simple case of deducting 15/16 amortisation from 16/17 figure. The 15/16 figure will include some with only half year amortisation,which then becomes full year in 16/17.On the other hand,there's a possibility that some older contracts may have been amortised out in 15/16,and so not feature in 16/17.

You wouldn't believe the amount of twisting and turning I've done over the years,trying to 'get at' figures,only to hit snags in many cases.

PS To get to the £5m you suggested as a possibility,Vydra would have to have a very low (possibly zero) RV,which I don't think is realistic in relation to what happened in 15/16. 

Keep twisting and turning, your figures have been near enough spot on so far, and have gained the admiration of the top brass.

27 minutes ago, rammieib said:

As a player travelling out, when you see your star player(s) not there it must be pretty demoralising.

The more Rowett and co talk about moral being at a high I often think it's a smokescreen. With no Ince on this trip I think that does confirm a lot. Rowett has a heck of a job on his hands and if he gets this lot (even with new signings) anywhere near top six, it'll be a miracle.

put or or shipped out lol.read tweet ince goin for meds tomorrow and being rolled out at hudds. saying all sighnings will be from tomorrow as ffp starts a fresh year tomorrow so will see if its true. 

37 minutes ago, rammieib said:

As a player travelling out, when you see your star player(s) not there it must be pretty demoralising.

They may also think

"Thank f**k our 'star' player is leaving, maybe I'll get to see the ball a bit more this year and, perhaps. play myself into a bit of form?"

PistoldPete2
14 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

Where's incey?

Has he not gone to Tenerife? 

I mean he can't prefer a trip to uddersfield rather than Tenerife can he?

1 minute ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Has he not gone to Tenerife? 

I mean he can't prefer a trip to uddersfield rather than Tenerife can he?

Only if it means a year in the premiership and a wage rise.

plus Tenerife is over rated this time of year

3 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

I think he is gone mate but thing is ince for me even through he offers

Goals but when backs against the wall he offers very little else getting 11m hoping might rise to 15m in the future.

Every media outlet has said 8.5 rising to 11 mil with add ons. I'd guess retaining their premiership status is one part of the add on so probably will be just the £8.5 then. 

Peanuts these days.

15 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Goals but when backs against the wall he offers very little else getting 11m hoping might rise to 15m in the future.

Last time I checked the rules, goals win games.

26 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

What does that even mean? When 'backs against the wall' what creative player does over anything? That's not exclusive to Ince, who does as much defensive work as anyone else in his position in the league.

PistoldPete2
23 minutes ago, EnigmaRam said:

Every media outlet has said 8.5 rising to 11 mil with add ons. I'd guess retaining their premiership status is one part of the add on so probably will be just the £8.5 then. 

Peanuts these days.

there might be appearance fees as well. but yes huddersfield must be odds on to go straight back down again.. strange move for ince if he goes.

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Peanuts these days.

Sky were saying that its 8.5m upfront upto 11m over a period of time and that we want more up front which is the hold up...doesnt seem like its addons more like 11m guarenteed we just want more up front than 8.5m

Archived