Official: Tom Ince joins Huddersfield Town

Nuwtfly

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, David said:

Problem is they have come out and repeatedly told fans that FFP isn't a concern.

It's possible that fans have a bigger say in transfers than we might think, with rumours being linked on social media, forums, players able to see how welcome they would be at clubs, take Wisdom's brother and agent for example, to see you wanted that much must make the decision easy.

Went through Alan Nixon's verified followers the other day, Sheffield Wednesday's official club account follows him. 

That could be explained by the club wishing to see if transfer business was leaking to the outside world, perhaps.

In the same way that certain posters on here could legitimately claim ITK status in previous season's, and would break transfer targets in and out, which doesn't seem to be the case recently.

I'd be amazed if a club official didn't keep an eye on this forums threads, just to see what is or isn't being said.

6 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I'd be amazed if a club official didn't keep an eye on this forums threads, just to see what is or isn't being said.

I would be gobsmacked if they didn't.

Think you was at the Moor Farm visit which covered fans and transfer rumours, how social media and forums can work against clubs. 

1 minute ago, David said:

I would be gobsmacked if they didn't.

Think you was at the Moor Farm visit which covered fans and transfer rumours, how social media and forums can work against clubs. 

Its kinda nice how we've not heard of signings so far till they're almost through the door.

Gives me hope we don't sign Glenn Whelan, for instance.

PistoldPete2

I see Huddersfield have been splashing the cash again... Broke their transfer record for the third time in a week. Maybe they think they can stay up. 

All these thanks statements to club and fans are just to shut up moaners anyway. I never do a press release or letter to my previous employers when I move on. Guy played well here, mutual benefit. He owes us no thanks or apologies, crack on.

53 minutes ago, tomsdubs said:

All these thanks statements to club and fans are just to shut up moaners anyway. I never do a press release or letter to my previous employers when I move on. Guy played well here, mutual benefit. He owes us no thanks or apologies, crack on.

I'm sure your old supporters at McDonalds are as gutted as I am with Tom Ince, since your transfer to Dominos! ;) 

1 hour ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I'm not surprised tbh.

I'm not fussed, its only with a few players that you ever think its really heartfelt and you know who they are anyway.

Its not very often a player leaves and says anything other than "great time great fans etc etc friends"

I'd be interested of players started giving honest appraisal of their experience but it won't be worth thegreif they'd get from their old clubs fans.

I seem to recall Teale said nice things when he left and he got dogs abuse whilst he was here.

PistoldPete2
2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Has anybody seen anything from Ince in terms of parting statement?

Am surprised if he hasn't released a "thanks and good luck Derby fans" statement

Well we didn't get him a leaving card did we?

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Am surprised if he hasn't released a "thanks and good luck Derby fans" statement

Why? 

The lad doesn't need to especially he got some abuse on social media hence he deleted the account and I'm not sure if he's on other social network though. I'd say he already have said goodbye to the players and staff though. 

On 7/11/2017 at 09:39, Mostyn6 said:

Funny a mate of mine [Wolves fan ] asked me if I had seen the Sky Sports interview, the gist of it was he was very happy at Derby GR called him in said he didn't fit into his plans and Huddersfield were interested .

Said that the team would be strengthened elsewhere and thought he should talk to them .Not seen the clip myself so can't check his interpretation.

30 minutes ago, King Kevin said:

Funny a mate of mine [Wolves fan ] asked me if I had seen the Sky Sports interview, the gist of it was he was very happy at Derby GR called him in said he didn't fit into his plans and Huddersfield were interested .

Said that the team would be strengthened elsewhere and thought he should talk to them .Not seen the clip myself so can't check his interpretation.

I don't think he said he didn't fit in his plans but he said GR was looking to change things and reading between the lines him and Hughes were our biggest assets

17 minutes ago, Edinburgh ram said:

Started well at Huddersfield 3 goals in 3 and coming on as a sub in 2 of them I believe. Starting to realise exactly what we're missing right now.

its pre-season man.  They have played Accrington Stanley, Bury and SV Sandhausen.

Lets see how many he scores in the prem and if he does good luck to him.

Have you commented on how good Wisdom, Davies and Huddleston have looked so far?

Archived