Practical feedback

unclej

I'm a strong believer in taking steps to put things right when they seem to me to be wrong. Recently I wrote to Keven Phillips having witnessed fourteen consecutive shots from our midfield and center-forwards fly over the bar. The simple advice to him was to instruct the players not to lean back but to put their heads over the ball, thereby forcing the ball to keep low. Things have certainly improved and I am just pleased to have helped. :)  Grant Mccann the Posh boss, on being interviewed on MOTD after his sides spirited performance against Chelsea said his midfielders and center-forwards kept shooting over the bar and this is something he aims to rectify.  Although they are placed alongside my third team Millwall at the moment I still made the call to the club this morning and we will see if he takes my advice.  Sadly, I find myself at the postbox again once again over Derby's attacking issues. The amount of touches the players are taking in the box, when the trigger should be pulled immediately can be evidenced by the number of blocks we are suffering. Ince is the main culprit. He wants it set up nicely but this is a luxury in a packed box.  I've recommended to Mr Philips that he trains the correct things during the week. No charge. :D

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a question. I aim all my shots at the dead centre of the goal since that affords me the best statistical chance of registering a shot on target. The only problem is that the opposition 'keeper often catches the ball. What should I do?

32 minutes ago, unclej said:

I'm a strong believer in taking steps to put things right when they seem to me to be wrong. Recently I wrote to Keven Phillips having witnessed fourteen consecutive shots from our midfield and center-forwards fly over the bar. The simple advice to him was to instruct the players not to lean back but to put their heads over the ball, thereby forcing the ball to keep low. Things have certainly improved and I am just pleased to have helped. :)  Grant Mccann the Posh boss, on being interviewed on MOTD after his sides spirited performance against Chelsea said his midfielders and center-forwards kept shooting over the bar and this is something he aims to rectify.  Although they are placed alongside my third team Millwall at the moment I still made the call to the club this morning and we will see if he takes my advice.  Sadly, I find myself at the postbox again once again over Derby's attacking issues. The amount of touches the players are taking in the box, when the trigger should be pulled immediately can be evidenced by the number of blocks we are suffering. Ince is the main culprit. He wants it set up nicely but this is a luxury in a packed box.  I've recommended to Mr Philips that he trains the correct things during the week. No charge. :D

Are you going to offer your help to the baggies after the number of wayward attempts they had on Saturday ?

Has Mr Philips told you what he did with your letter?

This statement of the bleeding obvious is either very arrogant or taking the Michael big time. We were all taught that at school not that it helped most of us!

The genius that is 'arry, once told a new player, foreign with no English, coming on as a late sub to "run about a bit". Now that's proper advice:)

2 hours ago, DRBee said:

Are you going to offer your help to the baggies after the number of wayward attempts they had on Saturday ?

Has Mr Philips told you what he did with your letter?

He went to throw it in the bin but he was leaning back so it went straight over the top of it. If only he had read the letter first...

Sith Happens
3 hours ago, unclej said:

I questioned on here some time ago Kevin Phillips ability as our goal scoring record has deteriorated since he joined. People went to great lengths to point out that Phillips is no more responsible for coaching our forward line than any other coach at the club.

So maybe just send your letter to steve next time :)

26 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

I questioned on here some time ago Kevin Phillips ability as our goal scoring record has deteriorated since he joined. People went to great lengths to point out that Phillips is no more responsible for coaching our forward line than any other coach at the club.

So maybe just send your letter to steve next time :)

Are you serious ?

Archived