Scott Carson signs new contract

DEL

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I've asked the question: Given the choice who would you have as keeper?

Scott Carson or Premier League regular  Lee Grant

Carson, been more consistent in Rams shirt.

Though you could argue with Pearce alongside Keogh and Johnson cover in front, he never had such a luxury and would probably have performed slightly better. 

43 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Carson, no competition. Much better all round keeper.

38 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Carson, been more consistent in Rams shirt.

Though you could argue with Pearce alongside Keogh and Johnson cover in front, he never had such a luxury and would probably have performed slightly better. 

I suppose it shows the quality we have in the team.

Don't massively care. Two very good goalkeepers. Makes a nice change from Frank Fielding and Adam Legzdins, and decent but not quite top class goalkeepers like that. Carson has the shirt, Grant probably going to bring us in a fee. Happy days.

Definitely Carson. Really pleased Grant has done so well at Stoke (I'd prefer another team to have done well with him mind you). Just shows 'every cloud' and all that. Not heard what our evaluation is of Grant that Stoke have turned down, anyone? 

A great signing, like Mr Mac said , how much would a keeper of his quality, with his experience, and a ex international be 3 million plus , love Carson, and our centre backs, and Johnson just in front of them, would not want to change any of these players at this level, we are so sound at the back, as all great managers have done in the past, you build from the back ask, Mr Brian Clough, and Mr Alex Ferguson, this is what brings success in the end.

Wasn't really that fussed when we signed him. Thought his best days were behind him and read that Wigan weren't exactly gutted. And I rated Grant even if he finished the season in terrible shape

Turns out he's quite good. Really good actually. Almost as good as Fielding and Bywater

7 hours ago, Gritters said:

I've asked the question: Given the choice who would you have as keeper?

Scott Carson or Premier League regular  Lee Grant

Scott carson.

easy.

Well deserved.

Once Grant lost his place that seemed to be it. I've nothing but good wished for Grant and I'm sure a deal will be done. His bad form throughout the abortion in 14/15 I thought had a lot to with injuries and lack of cover?

Anyway, Carson 7s and 8s every match, Grant some 9s and 10s but a fair few 5s 6s and worse from time to time.

Archived