Jordan Rhodes - Signed for Sheff Wed

Animal is a Ram

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Would be excellent coup. He has played as a lone striker before and been very effective.

Really, because all the suggestions from a lot of Boro fans is that he can't play the lone role very well. I'm a bit sceptical about this, no doubt he is talented but we would be trying to fit him into the system rather than simply slotting him in. Hope he isn't another one like Vydra who struggles with the way we play

2 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Really, because all the suggestions from a lot of Boro fans is that he can't play the lone role very well. I'm a bit sceptical about this, no doubt he is talented but we would be trying to fit him into the system rather than simply slotting him in. Hope he isn't another one like Vydra who struggles with the way we play

Or you could ask Blackburn fans can he play as a lone striker and they'd give you opposite opinion.

Or even better, don't give **** what fans say. It's always best option.

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Interesting... does this guy have a track record? 

He works for the sun and don't forget there is article about Rhodes to us earlier so this reporter may have used that. Big no thanks for both. RB is the area I'd be looking at. 

14 minutes ago, Gandalf's shin pads said:

Anybody have any inclining where we stand, very roughly, with FFP? I know there was a lot of discussion and speculation over the summer. If this rumour/report is true might it mean someone else is being shipped out to pay for it? 

Seeing as we are looking at netting just under £20m from Hendrick & Martin deals (when made permanent) plus incoming money for Lee Grant, we're sat pretty comfortably, and can probably afford the players we're being linked with. Rhodes and Sako links don't surprise me at all, as they are areas we need to strengthen...

...however, the Lansbury link is worrying. Why would we be signing a centre-mid of that quality? My guess would be because one is leaving, and if we are going to spend big money on these three players who've been linked, then my guess is that we're selling someone for big money...can only be one guy :/

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Seeing as we are looking at netting just under £20m from Hendrick & Martin deals (when made permanent) plus incoming money for Lee Grant, we're sat pretty comfortably, and can probably afford the players we're being linked with. Rhodes and Sako links don't surprise me at all, as they are areas we need to strengthen...

...however, the Lansbury link is worrying. Why would we be signing a centre-mid of that quality? My guess would be because one is leaving, and if we are going to spend big money on these three players who've been linked, then my guess is that we're selling someone for big money...can only be one guy :/

Yes, unfortunately I was thinking the same on your last point. Even with the injuries we have we are still relatively flush in the centre which may indicate we are looking at moving someone out. Suppose it could be Hanson or Bryson but Lansbury is more in the 'Hughes' mould than either of those. Still, all speculation at this point I suppose...

Archived