Jordan Rhodes - Signed for Sheff Wed

Animal is a Ram

Just now, Tombo said:

Forestieri has been too inconsistent to be worth the price we'd have to pay out. Too much fantasy football going on. You can't just buy a player who scores and throw him in expecting him to replicate it.

This is where statistical data lets us down. Why do these players score? We can't just look at goals scored and transplant that into the team. He mainly plays up front as a full striker for Wednesday and bags goals on their counter attacks. His record on the wing is not great. If you put him up front alone in our system he's not going to have much hold up play to him. 

You could put Usain Bolts legs on a tortoise and it still wouldn't make him a world class sprinter. Would be another Nick Blackman for me.

As would Rhodes for that matter, although I can accept that he's probably more suited to the central striker role we'd be looking for. Just the fee.

And I know it's 'not my money' but it is while ticket prices rise year on year.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan Rhodes

Rhodes has been one of the best strikers in Championship over the last few seasons but he is finding it hard to find his feet in the Premier League after getting promotion with Middlesbrough. He had only 204 minutes of first team football to his name this season and could be on his way out in January.

The Scot’s prolific record in Championship makes him a welcome addition at Elland Road. Rhodes had what it takes to push in-form Wood for a first-team place or even replace him.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Nuwtfly said:

Rhodes and Sako through the door in January? C'mon, who wouldn't be happy with that?!

Sako is just bookies list not linked/story. 

I'm not sure we're short of left wingers. (Russell, Weimann, Camara, Anya) 

And I'm not sure Rhodes can play as the lone striker either.

I'd personally be happy if we signed nobody. Why unsettle the squad? As far as I can see we'll have cover in every position (including LB and RB) by end Jan when Christie, Lowe and Olsson return),

Personally I wouldn't be happy signing him, especially for the money quoted in the article.

He scores goals I'llgive him that, but even when he arrived at Boro last January he struggled to get off the bench because he doesn't contribute enough in open play. We don't need another striker who can't help in the build up of moves, whe we already have one - Vydra. One we paid a hefty sum for already.

He would be playing the lone-striker role here and he probably wouldn't be able to do that well. Most of his goals have come when played up front with someone, just like Vydra's.

So, thanks but no thanks.

44 minutes ago, coneheadjohn said:

I'm at work and the wendies assure me he is going to them?

Pretty sure they've been saying that in last 2 windows lol. Typical Wendies  :lol:

Understand Derby are close to signing both Jordan Rhodes and Henri Lansbury. Two top quality Championship players if they land them #dcfc 

from a reporter 

Archived