Wigan vs Derby - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

When did this bee throwing become a thing anyway. Aren't they endangered as it is?

Throwing beer is pathetic and childish...now bee throwing...that is something I can respect. (Brentford - take notice). Wasp wanging is good too... 

Fly tiping. ..not so much...

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Throwing beer is pathetic and childish...now bee throwing...that is something I can respect. (Brentford - take notice). Wasp wanging is good too... 

Fly tiping. ..not so much...

You know the people are happy when match thread is full of bee and wasp chat.

12 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

You know the people are happy when match thread is full of bee and wasp chat.

We've come a long way in a short time since needing all those penalties to beat Carlisle and watching 0-0 or worse, 

Thank heavens 

22 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Hey lads dont hold back lets send a message to the rest of the league we are and be ready for a footballing lession lets get into wigan faces and stay in them. Lets use all the skills of late and use it against them lets use our speed against them.

Lets get into those top 6 spots so we can start chasing down newcastle and does show they can be beaten at home by blackburn that has been struggling of late.

And beaten by the gumps last night too.

40 minutes ago, Doodle said:

Any ideas for decent pubs in the area? 

I went to the Anvil last year for decent real ale. Not far from the station and can then well to the ground. Was some decent Derby fans there too. It's no Brunny but If I was going to the match today, then I'd be paying a visit.

1 hour ago, rynny said:

Guess Bent isn't playing today

A real shame if he is out, his performances have been great since coming back in the team and he has really lead the line well. He's been a big part in our attacking play looking more lively.

This means Vydra starts today, which will be interesting but I do have my worries. Don't get me wrong I think Vydra looks a good player but we have benefitted massively from Bent's hold up play and physicality in the air, which has given us the option of 'hitting' Bent if the defence is under pressure and is struggling to play it out from the back. With Vydra in the team we have to be completely comfortable playing out from the back and through the midfield nearly every time and I'm not convinced we are there yet as a team. 

Archived