William Hughes

Mafiabob

59 minutes ago, eddie said:

Utterly outstanding during the second half today. He is developing into a complete midfield player - great tackler, strong, brilliant dribbler and the best passer I've seen at Derby since Asanovic.

Will Hughes sees the pass without thinking and has an outstanding ability to deliver a pass at exactly the right weight and speed. Premier level of ability. £30 million for me because he is so young but experienced.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
45 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Will Hughes sees the pass without thinking and has an outstanding ability to deliver a pass at exactly the right weight and speed. Premier level of ability. £30 million for me because he is so young but experienced.

I don't think anyone has seen anywhere near the best from Will because (and I've said this before) he's never been surrounded by players of equal vision and abilities. If he was it's scary his good he could be in the Premier League - he's the hidden gem of the football league with Brighton knockie boy second.

6 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

Bloody ell it's the return of Swiss Tony.

Will Hughes playing for Derby is like making love to a beautiful woman.

You first see her, you wonder how old she is, is she old enough?

You watch her develop, marvel at her beauty.

You dance with her and wonder how you mangaged to get this close to the woman of your dreams.

You finally make love, but, she calls out the name of another man.

You take the wrong turn on Bournville Boulivard and that just makes things worse.

she leaves you.

On 12/26/2016 at 18:19, rammieib said:

I'd be surprised if anyone does a decent scouting report and finds him worth this much.

We all have a softer spot for him as he came through the academy and he is one of ours but I'm not sure he will carry the same influence in the Prem.

£15m and I'd be ecstatic.

I'd rather have Hughes than £15m......not sure what sort of sub-standard scouts wouldn't rate Will that highly in today's market. On the other hand, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave in the summer, if we don't get promoted.  He doesn't belong in the Championship. It would be unfair of the club to stand in his way then. Either way..give him the contract he wants now.

1 hour ago, Highgate said:

I'd rather have Hughes than £15m......not sure what sort of sub-standard scouts wouldn't rate Will that highly in today's market. On the other hand, I wouldn't blame him for wanting to leave in the summer, if we don't get promoted.  He doesn't belong in the Championship. It would be unfair of the club to stand in his way then. Either way..give him the contract he wants now.

Hughes was immense today, but what I'm saying is that £15m in the Champ is saved for goal scorers and creative/assist players. 

Short of moving to a Man City or an Arsenal, I don't think he would have the influence in the Premier. Hendrick is being successful because he actually chose the right kind of club to go to.

9 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Hughes was immense today, but what I'm saying is that £15m in the Champ is saved for goal scorers and creative/assist players. 

Short of moving to a Man City or an Arsenal, I don't think he would have the influence in the Premier. Hendrick is being successful because he actually chose the right kind of club to go to.

He is a creative/assist type of player..There is no need for Hughes to go to Man City or Arsenal and any club in the Premier League can afford £15m these days. I think he would be capable of breaking into most Premier League teams in his first 12 months. Hughes was, and still is, a better player than Hendrick. I think he will be a Premier League player next season...but there is still a chance that it will be with us. 

Just now, Highgate said:

He is a creative/assist type of player..There is no need for Hughes to go to Man City or Arsenal and any club in the Premier League can afford £15m these days. I think he would be capable of breaking into most Premier League teams in his first 12 months. Hughes was, and still is, a better player than Hendrick. I think he will be a Premier League player next season...but there is still a chance that it will be with us. 

Creative yes but I want to see him do more 15 yards further up the pitch. He did actually play higher up today and a better striker/winger would help him.

2 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Creative yes but I want to see him do more 15 yards further up the pitch. He did actually play higher up today and a better striker/winger would help him.

We have been a low scoring team this season, to be honest I think we need more from Bent and Russell at times. Bent lives offside and Russell's heavy touches so often lead to a promising move breaking down.  They both have their qualities, but they are often a source of frustration in my opinion.  I don't think the problem lies with Hughes...but I agree being further up the pitch suits him. 

Yes, I can't fault Bent and Russell for effort but our promotion rivals have more dangerous forwards.

We need to be more clinical in and around the box and I'm not sure any of our bench options provide this either.

Also, Butterfield was good yesterday but what has happened to his shooting?

He struggles to get a shot on target.

We haven't got a midfield player you would say is a goal threat.

Just now, Anag Ram said:

Yes, I can't fault Bent and Russell for effort but our promotion rivals have more dangerous forwards.

We need to be more clinical in and around the box and I'm not sure any of our bench options provide this either.

Also, Butterfield was good yesterday but what has happened to his shooting?

He struggles to get a shot on target.

We haven't got a midfield player you would say is a goal threat.

We have but we're not playing him regularly enough - Bryson.

10 hours ago, Boycie said:

Will Hughes playing for Derby is like making love to a beautiful woman.

You first see her, you wonder how old she is, is she old enough?

You watch her develop, marvel at her beauty.

You dance with her and wonder how you mangaged to get this close to the woman of your dreams.

You finally make love, but, she calls out the name of another man.

You take the wrong turn on Bournville Boulivard and that just makes things worse.

she leaves you.

Or ,you might not be the best looker and have loads of dosh ,but you're strung like a donkey, good in the sack and when the rich good looking guy turns up she tells him to feck off.

11 hours ago, Papahet said:

When you have Hendrick, Lewis Cook, Karl Darlow, Bamford, Cresswell, Lascelles and Tyrone Mings with big money moves in recent years.

I'm surprised he's still playing his trade here to be honest :ermm:.

He must like the place.

Archived