William Hughes

Mafiabob

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Whats his age got to do with it? How long we gonna keep saying he is only young? 

Entering his 6th season as a professional footballer. All im saying is if he wants to play in the premier league. Of which there are players younger than him and of his age playing. Then he needs to be more consistent. 

148 games for Derby. 9 goals. 

Buxton- 139 games for Derby. 11 goals. 

What's your point?

Buxton was a god amongst men.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Errr until he's not! He might easily play until his mid-30s. He lost all last year and is STILL young.

Hes not young anymore. Hes been a professional football for 6 seasons.  Hes a regular championship midfielder. He needs to be more consistent. 

He keeps things ticking over but doesn't actually score or create a lot.

Can you honestly say he's played well for most of this season? 

3 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Whats his age got to do with it? How long we gonna keep saying he is only young? 

Entering his 6th season as a professional footballer. All im saying is if he wants to play in the premier league. Of which there are players younger than him and of his age playing. Then he needs to be more consistent. 

148 games for Derby. 9 goals. 

Buxton- 139 games for Derby. 11 goals. 

Well I hope he will have room to improve further as he is still quite young .It is feasible for him to improve up to his mid twenties .Fair comment about consistency.

Just now, King Kevin said:

Well I hope he will have room to improve further as he is still quite young .It is feasible for him to improve up to his mid twenties .Fair comment about consistency.

Its all opinions mate. 

He just frustrates me. Because he's technically the best footballer we have produced. So naturally gifted its frightening. 

The Birmingham home game was the best he has played all season. I came out saying "When he's like that nobody can get near him. Unbelievably good" 

Next game Wigan at home. He didn't show up. Just consistency thats all. 

He's said himself that he needs to add more goals to his game. 

10 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its all opinions mate. 

He just frustrates me. Because he's technically the best footballer we have produced. So naturally gifted its frightening. 

The Birmingham home game was the best he has played all season. I came out saying "When he's like that nobody can get near him. Unbelievably good" 

To be fair nobody showed up against Wigan

49 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its all opinions mate. 

In fairness to Hughes, he was almost certainly thinking of not getting suspended at Wigan and nobody was particularly good in that game. I think whilst some players have found consistency by his age I think they are few and far between. I also think it's important to note that he spent the last season out injured. The consistency will come and so will the goals, look at Lallana who has only just started adding goals to his game at 27.

Great news that Will has signed. He's been playing for us for 5 years and he's still only 21 and has 170 odd games under his belt. He is only going to get better and will add goals and even more aplomb to his game. We have ourselves an absolute diamond and no mistake. Happy days!. 

55 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Its all opinions mate. 

Totally agree.

Unfortunately when he is off his game it usually means we as a team are off our game. With the new loanee from Boro looking a very good player that might change.

15 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

In fairness to Hughes, he was almost certainly thinking of not getting suspended at Wigan and nobody was particularly good in that game. I think whilst some players have found consistency by his age I think they are few and far between. I also think it's important to note that he spent the last season out injured. The consistency will come and so will the goals, look at Lallana who has only just started adding goals to his game at 27.

I have to disagree here with you mate about him thinking about not getting suspended. 

I said before the Wigan game that id bet anyone that Hughes gets booked today. Looking at the fixtures after we had Norwich WBA and Leeds. The 10th yellow and 2 match ban was coming. It was just a matter of when. 

I personally think that he got his yellow on purpose as it was better for him to miss Norwich away and the cup game rather than the Leeds game. 

If you look at the foul that he got booked for. He knew exactly what he was doing. Poor challenge, no need to make it. Plus it was like 87th/88th minute. 

1 minute ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

I have to disagree here with you mate about him thinking about not getting suspended. 

I said before the Wigan game that id bet anyone that Hughes gets booked today. Looking at the fixtures after we had Norwich WBA and Leeds. The 10th yellow and 2 match ban was coming. It was just a matter of when. 

I personally think that he got his yellow on purpose as it was better for him to miss Norwich away and the cup game rather than the Leeds game. 

If you look at the foul that he got booked for. He knew exactly what he was doing. Poor challenge, no need to make it. Plus it was like 87th/88th minute. 

I see where you're coming from but I think that is a rather cynical interpretation. To me it was a case of him playing within himself because he was conscious of the possible ban and then a slip in concentration late in the game.

Thought it was Interesting when Gibson says "happy to commit your long term future to Derby" WH had a questioning look. Colin, he signed a 3.5 year contract right? But I don't think he's committing without reservation. There must be a release fee clause in there maybe even with a list of stipulated clubs that come in? He's committing to Derby in the short term but if we don't go up ain't no way he will be staying here. He must be smart enough to know his future lies in the Premier League and soon too. That's the reality. 

10 hours ago, Ninos said:

Thought it was Interesting when Gibson says "happy to commit your long term future to Derby" WH had a questioning look. Colin, he signed a 3.5 year contract right? But I don't think he's committing without reservation. There must be a release fee clause in there maybe even with a list of stipulated clubs that come in? He's committing to Derby in the short term but if we don't go up ain't no way he will be staying here. He must be smart enough to know his future lies in the Premier League and soon too. That's the reality. 

That's absolutely fine though. The important thing is he's contracted to us. He's a good lad is Will - by signing he's indicated that he's not going to run his contract down and disappear for nowt. When he leaves - it'll now be on Derby's terms.

Archived