William Hughes

Mafiabob

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Ninos said:

You're on a wind up. He did more tackling under Pearson than anyone else - and I'm including the opposition teams in that. 

Have better things to be doing chap!.

What constitutes a tackle nowadays anyway? The marking criteria would be interesting.

Is it running alongside somebody and flicking your leg out in hope, or is it a Seth Johnstone/Dave McKay type of tackle when you actually dispossess the player.

Reference - Go and check the number of yellow cards Hughes had picked up due to his poor timing and body position in attempting to tackle.

1 minute ago, Pearson said:

What constitutes a tackle nowadays anyway? The marking criteria would be interesting.

Is it running alongside somebody and flicking your leg out in hope, or is it a Seth Johnstone/Dave McKay type of tackle when you actually dispossess the player.

Reference - Go and check the number of yellow cards Hughes had picked up due to his poor timing and body position in attempting to tackle.

Hoist by your own petard. You are a troll - and a piss-poor one who doesn't bother with doing his research.

Nobody but a gump or a troll (or a cretin) would mis-spell BOTH Seth Johnson AND Dave Mackay.

1 hour ago, RIMBAUD said:

Then he'll be player manager

I disagree, he won't be able to step straight to the manager job of the multi European Cup winning Rams, he'll perhaps have to cut his teeth a mangling one of our feeder clubs - perhaps Bayern or Ajax - before he gets the top job at the Steve McClaren Hair Island Arena.

7 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I disagree, he won't be able to step straight to the manager job of the multi European Cup winning Rams, he'll perhaps have to cut his teeth a mangling one of our feeder clubs - perhaps Bayern or Ajax - before he gets the top job at the Steve McClaren Hair Island Arena.

I meant for the England team.

43 minutes ago, eddie said:

Hoist by your own petard. You are a troll - and a piss-poor one who doesn't bother with doing his research.

Nobody but a gump or a troll (or a cretin) would mis-spell BOTH Seth Johnson AND Dave Mackay.

It is possible to be a cretinous gump troll.

49 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Henri Lansbury, same amount in less minutes played, just troll off, get your stats lined up first.

https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/TopYellowCards?comp_id=557

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

How come you don't see him winning the ball? I see it a lot

I like Will, but if nobody at least tries to sign him this window, then I suspect they're seeing a lot of what I'm seeing lately. He's seriously got to work on being able to kick the football further and harder for both passing and shots on goal.

He's got the vision but until he can execute cutting passes and add goals to his game then I'm afraid the Championship will always be his level.

2 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

I like Will, but if nobody at least tries to sign him this window, then I suspect they're seeing a lot of what I'm seeing lately. He's seriously got to work on being able to kick the football further and harder for both passing and shots on goal.

He's got the vision but until he can execute cutting passes and add goals to his game then I'm afraid the Championship will always be his level.

Hendrick = £10.5m Premier League midfielder

Hughes > Hendrick

8 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Hendrick = £10.5m Premier League midfielder

Hughes > Hendrick

Absolutely agree (although physically Hendrick is greater). So if you can cash in now for £15-20m would you? Personally I would. A bit like Southampton, you've sometimes got to let them go while the offers are there (assumed we get one). Out of the millions they've made, only one has gone on to be a real superstar.

Plus I don't think Butterfield is that far behind Hughes ability wise. They just cant play together.

5 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Absolutely agree (although physically Hendrick is greater). So if you can cash in now for £15-20m would you? Personally I would. A bit like Southampton, you've sometimes got to let them go while the offers are there (assumed we get one). Out of the millions they've made, only one has gone on to be a real superstar.

Plus I don't think Butterfield is that far behind Hughes ability wise. They just cant play together.

You have to ask yourself though, would you actually trust the club to be able to replace Will with the money? We've seen over and over again our club throw money away at very poor players. 

10 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

If he wants to stay then I would keep him forever... No cashing in, no letting go, no anything... He's a genuinely brilliant footballer and one of maybe two players in our current squad with the ability to truly change a game on their own...

That said if a decent bid came in from a club Hughes wanted to move to I'd let him go... Everton feels about right as I think he'd get a game and they're unlikely to get relegated...

13 minutes ago, Super Johnny Russell said:

Plus I don't think Butterfield is that far behind Hughes ability wise. 

Disagree on that though... The two of them playing side by side has (for me) showcased what Butterfield lacks... I still like him a lot but he's been a passenger in games where Hughes runs the show...

On 30 December 2016 at 12:50, Pearson said:

Ffs.

I seem to spend my life correcting this.......

M.    A.    C.    K.    A.    Y.  

Archived