Derby vs Rotherham - matchday thread.

Rev

51 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

This is a good opportunity to try a new system, lets get rid of the wide attackers and go 5-3-2. We always need a plan B, that was one of Mclarens failings first time round not having one and with two up front we are not relying on a hold up forward. My team would be.

Carson

Keogh                       Pearce

Anya                              Hanson                       Lowe

Bryson           Hughes       Johnson

Vydra           Wiemann

Subs  mitchell, shakel, baird, butterfield, ince, bent, russell.

Drop 3 players that played well for last 2 games? Bloody hell 

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

If Anya is fit play him at right back, if not, Hanson. 

Apart from that same team, sub's on earlier though, depending who is doing well I'd get vydra on after 60 and give Bryson and Weimann decent time on the pitch. 

Agreed with Anya bit mate. 

Anya for Christie and that's all that's needed in my opinion. Not ideal losing such a key player and I'm not sure Anya is best placed at RB but we are lacking options there and against Rotherham you'd prefer his attacking ability over the more defensive minded Baird. 

Looking forward to it. I work with a Rotherham fan and will be seeing him after the game for drinks. Toasting a Rams win I hope. 

Looking forward to this game, hope we play like we did against wolves , for the full 90 minutes this time, and if we do we should get a few goals, and send us fans all home happy, same team as last game, with Anya playing full back, I think it's important to keep a winning team together, it sends out the right message to the players, if you perform well, and we are winning , then the same players should play the next game. I can see Derby getting there mojo back, My prediction is 3-0 to the Rams.

18 minutes ago, Derby blood said:

Looking forward to this game, hope we play like we did against wolves , for the full 90 minutes this time, and if we do we should get a few goals, and send us fans all home happy, same team as last game, with Anya playing full back, I think it's important to keep a winning team together, it sends out the right message to the players, if you perform well, and we are winning , then the same players should play the next game. I can see Derby getting there mojo back, My prediction is 3-0 to the Rams.

Part of the great first half display at Wolves was down to the strong physical presence of Christie. Wolves were terrified of his forward runs. Having said that, there's no reason why we shunt start on the front foot and g!o for it with confidence.

We can't play that well for 90 minutes but we need to concentrate on the basics up to the 98th minute!

I think by January we'll have Plan A and the mythical Plan B.

At the moment, as the OP of that Butterfield/Hughes thread put very well, we have two creative midfielders happy of playing the linking role or attacking mid role in behind a striker who's making runs to create space for them to work their magic.

Once we get a target man in January, we'll also have the option of going with our more conventional 4-3-3 with a runner like Bryson getting beyond the striker.

Dont think we need to bother ourselves with a Jamie Hanson centric 5-3-2...

Got to be Anja in at right back for me in an otherwise unchanged side ,, it's Rotherham home so we got to look at getting after them right away , attack them ,,, ince could and should have been dropped anytime in the recent past on performance but at this poin? I think not ,,, Cyrus will be a big miss for us ,I posted recently how undervalued he is by some fans , that said we do have a variety of cover in Anja ,Baird ,Hansen and the under 23 lad ( moving keough is a non starter for me,risk reward of that don't stack up for me ) 

On 16 November 2016 at 16:05, hiltonram said:

This is a good opportunity to try a new system, lets get rid of the wide attackers and go 5-3-2. We always need a plan B, that was one of Mclarens failings first time round not having one and with two up front we are not relying on a hold up forward. My team would be.

Carson

Keogh                       Pearce

Anya                              Hanson                       Lowe

Bryson           Hughes       Johnson

Vydra           Wiemann

Subs  mitchell, shakel, baird, butterfield, ince, bent, russell.

How did I miss this post before.

makes me really worry for the sanity and knowledge of some of our fans.

Been mulling it over and if the Christie injury really bites perhaps three at the back could be a real option which gives us choices dependant on who we are against and what we need ,would take some work on the training field but we do have the personnel ,, for instance home v Rotherham could line up like this?

Carson

.                  Keough.                 Shacks.        Pearce

anja.                                                                             Lowe

.                      Hughes.                            Butterfield

.              Ince.                                                         Russell

.                                      Bent/ vydra

brad drops to the bench but could be brought on if we needed more steel/numbers in midfield ,,, we really do have options and a very strong bench

I would be astonished if we change formation and find it astonishing that it is getting suggested.

we have finally started to look like a team again and now people want to potentially risk that by trying out a formation which the club haven't used for nearly 20 years and many of the first team squad maybe will have never played before.

this team and coaching staff set up for 4-3-3, home and away, against every team.

i think people sure being a bit arrogant they can simply dismiss the Rotherham game as a glorified training session to try a plan B formation that we have never used.

oh and dropping Johnson is laughable the way he has played over the last few games.

Archived