Derby vs Rotherham - matchday thread.

Rev

1 hour ago, archied said:

Been mulling it over and if the Christie injury really bites perhaps three at the back could be a real option which gives us choices dependant on who we are against and what we need ,would take some work on the training field but we do have the personnel ,, for instance home v Rotherham could line up like this?

Carson

.                  Keough.                 Shacks.        Pearce

anja.                                                                             Lowe

.                      Hughes.                            Butterfield

.              Ince.                                                         Russell

.                                      Bent/ vydra

brad drops to the bench but could be brought on if we needed more steel/numbers in midfield ,,, we really do have options and a very strong bench

Brad drops to the bench you mad???? He been brilliant since he got back in the team. What is wrong with some Derby fans??? ???????

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply
53 minutes ago, KBB said:

I would be astonished if we change formation and find it astonishing that it is getting suggested.

we have finally started to look like a team again and now people want to potentially risk that by trying out a formation which the club haven't used for nearly 20 years and many of the first team squad maybe will have never played before.

this team and coaching staff set up for 4-3-3, home and away, against every team.

i think people sure being a bit arrogant they can simply dismiss the Rotherham game as a glorified training session to try a plan B formation that we have never used.

oh and dropping Johnson is laughable the way he has played over the last few games.

Spot on have a like.. 

6 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Brad drops to the bench you mad???? He been brilliant since he got back in the team. What is wrong with some Derby fans??? ???????

It's hardly the wackiest suggestion, it just won't happen with Stevie Mac in charge.

He's been 4-3-3 ever since his 1st spell at Twente, and he won't change it now.

Anya for me in Christie's role, see how it goes.

Hang on hang on !!!!!!! It's a suggested tweek if we really find that the loss of christies attacking threat and his actual forward play really causes us problems if we find that Anja gives us what Christy does going forward but can't cut it defensively and we find Baird and Hansen the opposite ,,, as for thinking Rotherham is a push over training exercise ,, do me a favour I've been watching football long enough to never be that stupid but if anybody thinks we set up the same and take the same approach to how we play against Rotherham at home as we do Newcastle away then they are stupid ,,, someone will have to replace Christie and that person will be asked to step out of their comfort zone and try to add stuff to their game that is not their best attribute and the team mates around them will be expected to be aware of that and change a bit to cover them ,, seasons are long ,players get injured , players lose form , the opposition often calls for tweeks to our players roles and approach ,,,, jeez get over it people ,,we all know that lack of like for like cover for Christie is something we have been flying by the seat of our pants with for a long time ,,well now it's reared its head and we will have to work around it

30 minutes ago, archied said:

Hang on hang on !!!!!!! It's a suggested tweek if we really find that the loss of christies attacking threat and his actual forward play really causes us problems if we find that Anja gives us what Christy does going forward but can't cut it defensively and we find Baird and Hansen the opposite ,,, as for thinking Rotherham is a push over training exercise ,, do me a favour I've been watching football long enough to never be that stupid but if anybody thinks we set up the same and take the same approach to how we play against Rotherham at home as we do Newcastle away then they are stupid ,,, someone will have to replace Christie and that person will be asked to step out of their comfort zone and try to add stuff to their game that is not their best attribute and the team mates around them will be expected to be aware of that and change a bit to cover them ,, seasons are long ,players get injured , players lose form , the opposition often calls for tweeks to our players roles and approach ,,,, jeez get over it people ,,we all know that lack of like for like cover for Christie is something we have been flying by the seat of our pants with for a long time ,,well now it's reared its head and we will have to work around it

Agree people do overreact. But it doesn't sound like a tweak...more you're suggesting changing the whole system. Surely if we fancy our chances (tomorrow) then Anya is RB. If we're away/wanna keep it tight then Hanson or Baird...that would be a tweak?  

1 hour ago, Chester40 said:

Agree people do overreact. But it doesn't sound like a tweak...more you're suggesting changing the whole system. Surely if we fancy our chances (tomorrow) then Anya is RB. If we're away/wanna keep it tight then Hanson or Baird...that would be a tweak?  

For how I believe we will approach the Rotherham game it feels like a tweek in terms of I would like to see Anja put in at right back for Christie and as keough can and has played right back ( some suggesting he play there while Christie out) he can step across to cover any Anja defensive frailties much the same as a Johnson steps in to help midfield but in the main shield back four or a wide man is often needed to step in to help midfield or full back ,, it happens all the time ,,, I'm not for one second suggesting this for all games or as an ethos change of direction ,, there will be plenty of games where the Thorne/ Johnston player will be by far the better option and in the main it works well for us but it has to be remembered that wing backs as opposed to fullbacks play a vital role in that system as we play it , tomorrow I'm sure Mac will send us out to really get at them and attack with tempo but it won't be lost on him that Rotherham are very direct and like to put crosses in from wide ,, I for one would not be in the least surprised to see keough ,shacks and Pearson line up with Lowe and Anja as wing backs 

11 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Yep agree with you too it's just that even away the Christie role helps to stop sides just pushing up onto us without a thought ,, Christie is a real threat and also a very good out with his pace and forward intent , we may find in some games we need that but also more defensive cover ( I'm hoping we find Anja is up to the job defensively as well and if so happy days) if he's not then we will need somebody to step across whether that be from midfield or defence ,, it's what you have to do all the time and good progressive coaches get good teams communicating together to do this and there is no doubt Mac has already got us working together far far better than we were,,, I'm astounded some see the idea that we may slip in three at the back instead of the holding midfielder as some massive ethos change and anybody suggesting it might be a decent short term option should be burnt at the stake and ridiculed as some kind of football retard ? 

14 minutes ago, irobinson said:

keep the system and we are at home  - bring Anya in - Rotherham won't offer much.....

COYR!

Got it in one, only change needed is Anya.

Really looking forward to this and gaining more momentum, Rotherham probably won't offer much but I'm expecting stubborn resistance where they try and keep shape. 

High tempo attacking intent like at Wolves please, doubt we will get the same space as first half there; hopefully we will get off to a flier or grind them down.

Looking forwards to this today very much.....

Travelling over with my son,popping to motor point first to look at cars (a tradition with my lad for some reason),then a pint in the ground pre match.....

If we can cap it off with a first half performance like we had at wolves,ill celebrate with a Balti pie at half time too

I know how to live...

COYR??

All I know is this has been a long fortnight for me. International breaks disrupt momentum and let's be honest, they don't really improve the national team's performance, to me anyway. 

I'd much preferred the lads in working on what changed in the second half at Wolves while it was still fresh in their minds but I suppose it's the same for all the other teams too. 

I'm not sure though if Rotherham had too many on international duty so Jackett will have had a full fortnight with his players, hope we don't fall victim to the new manager syndrome.

Hope all attending see more first half at Molineux than second, enjoy. COYR.

25 minutes ago, muzzamurray said:

yeah i know. but where the hell is he... and weimann for that matter... 

god i miss weimann

4 goals in 30 games Weimann? I mean yeah he might come good eventually but what exactly is there to miss?

Players always get better the longer they've been missing...

Archived