Supporters Committee & Sausages

Day

23 minutes ago, cannable said:

For an example; one individual (who I believe is on here) tweeting every player individually and calling them a See You Next Tuesday when Pearson was suspended… I'd happily suspend people like that from the club.

Yeah that's fine, it's a private business they can do what they want and I wouldn't have a problem with that in the slightest. It's just the 'abuse' connected with potential legal ramifications that I'm bothered about.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

There are probably better threads for you weird, fringe politcs than this great one about supporters having more representation with the club. There are probably better forums too. Well, there would be if they hadn't been banned yet by those pesky liberal elites.

Freedom to voice an opinion without legal ramifications = weird fringe politics. Riiiight.

We really need to be careful who we vote in they're representing the board and us all 

we've seen posts along the lines of 'the lads need team bonding id tell mel to book them in for a massive game of swingball' or they all need to go to a lemon party

We really have some herberts on here that probably cant be trusted. we need someone thats not cosying up & willing to ask questions. Maybe just the same two go but a month before we all submit our questions on here a month before the meeting and the ten best get asked regardless   

Like any successful business fans need a figure head, a few (say 4) in a sub team and then the minions. Minions feed into sub team. Sub team meet with figurehead. Figurehead and maybe 2 of subteam meet with club.

At work i dont want a thousand voices just a few. I can then decipher whats relevant and what is not. I then have feedback and also the automany to then reflect the views of many and my own "drawing it together to make it succinct' to present to my boss.

Too many cooks leads to jumbled up msg.

5 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Then I'd like to suggest that a female member be chosen at least once. It's right that Derby have a large number of female followers on match days and on social media. Doesn't matter how much we like equality things are different from a female perspective. 

Yep. If any female member wishes to put herself up for the vote there'd be no objections from me

5 hours ago, Ewe Ram said:

Then I'd like to suggest that a female member be chosen at least once. It's right that Derby have a large number of female followers on match days and on social media. Doesn't matter how much we like equality things are different from a female perspective. 

Or Dave could wear a dress

3 hours ago, angieram said:

I agree with @sagethat a little longer time would be more productive unless you're going to meet very frequently. I think 12 months is about right. 

On the female issue (and I am clearly one) I am a bit ambivalent.  If we are about 20% of fan base ? then you've got to hope that is reflected naturally across the groups nominating representatives. Only if it isn't then it would need to be considered over time.

We are probably a lot less than 20% on here - unless we just don't say much - so to ask for a female rep would be a bit unfair. What about every other minority group? You could end up with the cartoon female gay black disabled elder! Has that offended everybody?! :D

The two or three people I find most in line with my own views about the football and club on here are all men anyway. I 'd vote for one of them. 

Finally, there is obviously some overlap between groups so it would be very helpful to know where that is. From his post it seems @Woodypecker was there last night - but not easy to guess in what capacity. 

Good post. Level headed, logical. Are you really a female?

3 hours ago, StringerBell said:

People are being investigated by the police for calling people names. This should be a concern to any sensible person. 

It's actually been in law for quite some time. Have a look on the cps site for malicious communication. Messages intended to cause distress, fear or anxiety can be prosecuted, so to incidents that can fall under harassment and stalking legislation. 

Category 2: Communications Targeting Specific Individuals

If communication(s) sent via social media target a specific individual or individuals they will fall to be considered under this category if the communication(s) sent fall within the scope of:

Sections 2, 2A, 4 or 4A of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and constitute an offence of harassment or stalking; or

13 pages before I'd even seen this thread. 

Couple of amusing things... when we all had to introduce ourselves Roy McFarland said "I'm Roy, if you don't know who I am then I don't know why you're here." Michael Johnson also had funny take on Robbie Savage's closing down, saying he hated him for leaving huge gaps. Johnno also said he doesn't mind booing, said it motivated him but also understands how it could effect others. 

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

It's actually been in law for quite some time. Have a look on the cps site for malicious communication. Messages intended to cause distress, fear or anxiety can be prosecuted, so to incidents that can fall under harassment and stalking legislation. 

Category 2: Communications Targeting Specific Individuals

If communication(s) sent via social media target a specific individual or individuals they will fall to be considered under this category if the communication(s) sent fall within the scope of:

Sections 2, 2A, 4 or 4A of the Protection from Harassment Act 1997 and constitute an offence of harassment or stalking; or

I'll have a look tomorrow what those sections cover. I wonder if they cover communicating unecessary or unkind messages.

jq448p.jpg

2 hours ago, bigbadbob said:

Yep. If any female member wishes to put herself up for the vote there'd be no objections from me

Nor me. As long as the house is tidy and the tea is on the table l am all up for women having outside interests :ph34r:

Just now, reveldevil said:

It's only right that there's a woman present during every meeting, those minutes won't take themselves.

What patronising drivel, women shouldn't be sat in the corner taking minutes, they should be in charge...

of tea and biscuits. 

I like to imagine I'm a good a good choice to put myself forward for opinions but I really don't post enough these days to warrant inclusion as a forum member. 

I think that 4-6 months is a better meeting time as there may be committee suggestions that need monitoring throughout a season for feedback. For example when Nick and the guys requested the crowd seating arrangements change, catering changes, explanations of general club infrastructure changes when it comes to philosophy etc. So a meeting at the season's beginning, middle in January and end of season/before pre-season seems a good way to go. 

I think 2-3 members a time is a good idea as well as trying to vary the ages included. My needs are different to an old codger like @Boycie for example. Different opinions also useful, there'd be little point in my going with @Alpha for example as I agree with almost everything he posts, to the point where if he posts then often I'd just be repeating so don't bother. It would be a waste of a spot at the forum. So trying to manage that kind of thing too seems like a good idea. 

To be honest, I struggle to see what the club can learn from these meetings that they couldn't glean from reading the forum, which we know they do.

Fair enough with some of the other groups involved, whose opinions may be harder to gauge.

5 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Off topic, but:

What is 'Stand Next To Me'? As I'm not a regular match-goer, I haven't a clue, although I assume it's the name of a chant. Would appreciate a video although text along the lines of "stand next to me nanananananadadadadadadananananana" will probably do, I can imagine the rest.

That stand next to me (ss) - south stand I presume 

Archived