Supporters Committee & Sausages

Day

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, therams69 said:

To be fair he always used to do with his belly out drinking beer. I cant see Mel doing that can you? The odd game here and there no problem.

As long as it's incognito and not a stunt, Sam Rush stood in the East Stand corner a few years back, he struggled with the words of "When you're tired and weary..." 

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

Good luck however you do it. If it goes to a vote I'd love to see the candidate list. As for me I'm a sheep. No good at that kind of stuff.

I've had my moment in the sun, when I told Mel who I wanted as manager.

I shall quit while I'm ahead.

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

He could speak on behalf of the arm chair supporters. Good candidate if you ask me .

Utch can speak on behalf of the settee supporters.

12 hours ago, David said:

There was a suggestion of rotating committee members on say a 6 month rotation so that more fans get the opportunity to be involved.

IF this forum is given 2 seats a vote on the forum is definitely one way of elected which members represent us.

Rotation is the fairest way in my opinion and hopefully the club go down this route.

Tell them to come back to London... The last one was well attended.

We talk straighter as well... Come on Sam, I owe you a beer.

1 minute ago, Angry Ram said:

Tell them to come back to London... The last one was well attended.

We talk straighter as well... Come on Sam, I owe you a beer.

Pretty sure Punjabi Rams organised the last one down London so a good chance they will try and organise another, 2 away games in London on the 14th and 17th December....with Sam Rush attending every game home and away the timing would make sense to me if the powers that be are reading

The supporters committee is a massive step in the right direction in my opinion and as long as the representative puts across points/seeks answers to questions from the wider fan base I don't care who the representative is. 

These committee meetings should be streamed so the wider fan base can watch/listen? With modern tech there is no reason why the representative couldn't ask questions put forward live from people watching depending how the discussions were going.

4 hours ago, Alex W said:

Shameless podcast plug but much more is explained in this week's podcast regarding Scott and David's sausage bonanza (which I believe is the name of a dvd they both once made, so the rumours say). 

Hope it's western themed.

It is a great idea and I know whoever represents the forum will ensure they carry the views of as many as possible. 

Listened to the podcast for the first time today and to be fair all 3 of you sound like most of us when sitting having a balanced chat about the Rams and it was great fun. I think any 2 from 3 of that rotated would be good enough and much much less hassle.  

I'll repeat my offer of my services to interpret if any of our many Deaf Rams wanted to attended anything to make sure equality wasn't an issue. 

Although I think my input is always balanced and I'm a great bloke, there are many in here who contribute way more and I'm sure whatever system you devise will be ok. 

I know I'm a bit late coming to the topic but I have to agree with Ewe Ram. Football is no longer a male spectator sport thanks to the hard work done over a number of years by clubs and supporters groups etc. A very large number of females and children attend matches, both home and away. Who represented these two groups? Were disabled supporters represented?

I think the club should stop being secretive and post who attended (and more importantly what groups they represent) and what the terms of reference for this group are. Where can the rest of us see the minutes of the meeting? etc.

1 hour ago, tintentfan said:

I know I'm a bit late coming to the topic but I have to agree with Ewe Ram. Football is no longer a male spectator sport thanks to the hard work done over a number of years by clubs and supporters groups etc. A very large number of females and children attend matches, both home and away. Who represented these two groups? Were disabled supporters represented?

I think the club should stop being secretive and post who attended (and more importantly what groups they represent) and what the terms of reference for this group are. Where can the rest of us see the minutes of the meeting? etc.

In terms of the representing the children - there were many parents in the room so this was covered.

In terms of females Lynn, head of the DCFC supporters groups, who has been going Derby a good 33 years +, is more than qualified in my opinion.

Very good point about the disabled rams and would agree that it would be beneficial to have a representative on board.

I don't think the club have been secretive about it. Original report from Dave advised what groups were in attendance. They are all pretty well known for what they do.

In terms of minutes I personally don't think it would be suitable for the club to issue as be better coming from a fans perspective for whoever were at the meeting, again like Dave has done in the original topic post.

The gender issue is a tricky one, ideally you would like an equal split as you are quite right, many women now attend Derby games. 

Each fan group/organisation were given 2 invites, those that attended were DCFC Fans, 1884 Group, Punjabi Rams, DCFC Podcast, Official Supporters Club, DCFC Collection, Rams Trust, Rams Active & Nick. 

How each group/organisation decided who would attend you would need to ask each personally, although I know DCFC Podcast for example would not have any females able to represent them and Nick would find it extremely difficult without borrowing a dress!

The same group will attend again in a few weeks to discuss the committee further, no date has been set as yet, concerns with female attendance and disabled fans I will make sure is raised with the club although I suspect gender will be down to each group/organisation to look at themselves.

As for minutes of the meeting, none were taken as far as I'm aware, personally I didn't feel like it was really a meeting, more a chat over a meal which lasted around 4hrs. 

I would like to be able to take notes in future which would allow for a better formatted write up than this has been. You see journalists armed with notepads and dictaphones, we had nothing so over the course of 4hrs so you will have to forgive me for not including everything in the opening post, not taking my MacBook and having to write up on my phone in a hotel room was also a big mistake on my part!

Archived