Supporters Committee & Sausages

Day

36 minutes ago, Gritters said:

You said Pearson wasn't performing but we have been led to believe that it was a disagreement that may have led to disciplinary proceedings. What is the truth? Or is it a mixture of the two?

Ok, there was an investigation which we are none the wiser over, legal reasons they cannot go into.

The club wasn't happy with performances on the pitch, style of football and the results. 

The club and Pearson both said it wasn't working out and mutually agreed to part ways before the investigation was completed.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Not that I do any of that myself but from a free speech point of view that's pretty worrying. Legal department? What are they counting as abuse here? This whole police investigating people for mean tweets thing needs to stop and I don't want DCFC to have anything to do with it.

Depending on what is posted it can be a criminal offence and needs to be investigated. If a law is broken why shouldn't the clubs legal team be involved? 

Personally I think it's good that people can no longer hide from the consequences of their actions by posting under an alias. 

4 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Not that I do any of that myself but from a free speech point of view that's pretty worrying. Legal department? What are they counting as abuse here? This whole police investigating people for mean tweets thing needs to stop and I don't want DCFC to have anything to do with it.

Not at all.

Libel and slander are crimes - why should the internet be any different to the, er.... (help me - what is the 'not internet' thing called?) thing?

2 minutes ago, David said:

No, was the chairwoman from the Official Supporters Club

I don't think that Elaine has been 'active' in RT for some time, although she still does great work with SD and the Co-op.

11 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Is the fans forum in pubs thing a McClaren idea then? There were quite a few when he was last here. I don't recall any under Clement or Pearson.

Punjabi Rams brought the subject up which sparked a quick discussion how useful they were for both fans and the club and Sam I think said they would resume again next month.

I'm not sure if this was already planned or a result of last night 

1 minute ago, David said:

Ok, there was an investigation which we are none the wiser over, legal reasons they cannot go into.

The club wasn't happy with performances on the pitch, style of football and the results. 

The club and Pearson both said it wasn't working out and mutually agreed to part ways before the investigation was completed.

Thank you for clearing that one up before I go to the pub for a pre match drink and have to listen to 20 different opinions on what has happened. No doubt I'll hear about drones and fights and may be a bit of hanky panky.

OK so I'm quite new here and I didn't realise this forum was actually acknowledged by the club. I thought we were just chatting. 

I'd like to offer an unreserved apology to our manager Steve Mcclaren for referring to him as a douche (likeable douche), making fun of the tuft, and for suggesting he'd eaten Ready Brek in reference to his hair 'glowing' from his head.

I'd like to put on record that I like Steve Mcclaren and I'm glad he's here. I also very much appreciate what Mr Morris has done for Derby and I wouldn't swap him or Mr Rush for anyone.

COYR

40 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Thanks for the request to be considered for the role via pm btw, I'm sure Daveo will put your name into the hat with the others. ?

Haha, it would be very hypocritical of me to subscribe into something I don't believe in, and have been challenging since the days when the RT was trying to get a seat on the board.  I'd rather MM did his own thing and concentrated on getting that right, rather than organising things like this every time a group starts to get critical of him.

Hope it works, but for me I don't want somebody representing my view via a supporter committee, and I'd be suprised that once the novelty of thinking you may get picked wears off, if you don't see this forum return to the brekky wars debacle that followed once the elect few had posted Mels thoughts.

Im a sceptical old git I know....oh and Buddy Holly ???

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

The whole point of the Committee should be to bring supporters and the Club closer together in every sense of the word....

I also think the concourses need to be made more Personalised (call it "Personalisation" - it's a concept that is very much part of the zeitgeist in health and wellbeing inititives) to the fans...instead of bland walls there should be art-work on the walls, grafitti and memorabilia, the opportunity for fans to record their feelings "on the spur of the moment" so that an archive of memories of the match-moments are captured for posterity..

I think that sounds a great idea, I imagine getting it to work well might be trickier than it sounds.

3 hours ago, David said:

My thoughts are to reopen a board on the forum similar to the club suggestions, one that would be used to submit any questions, raise issues or suggestions to take to the club.

As for building relationships I don't want myself and Scott to be seen as cosying up to the club creating similar issues that we saw after Moor Farm visits.

You will know Revel that prior to meeting you before the first Moor Farm visit that we had no prior contact yet was seen to be an "elite" member or up my...ahem.

I would like 1 forum staff member be it myself or a moderator and one member from the forum decided by a voting process.

This for me would be the fairest way possible IF we was to get 2 seats. As yet no numbers have been finalised, could have more or less yet.

Tbh you and scott should go every time, with questions from the forum given to you both to ask at the meetings.

Putting it to a vote could backfire, have you read some of the stuff on here lately, I can only imagine they cannot talk without dribbling :p.

I wouldn't see it as cosying up to the club, and even if you were, so what?, anything to benefit the forum surely.

35 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Depending on what is posted it can be a criminal offence and needs to be investigated. If a law is broken why shouldn't the clubs legal team be involved? 

Personally I think it's good that people can no longer hide from the consequences of their actions by posting under an alias. 

People are being investigated by the police for calling people names. This should be a concern to any sensible person. 

37 minutes ago, David said:

Did you get the impression that Pearson had gone away from his remit regarding playstyle ?

2 minutes ago, mwram1973 said:

Tbh you and scott should go every time, with questions from the forum given to you both to ask at the meetings.

Putting it to a vote could backfire, have you read some of the stuff on here lately, I can only imagine they cannot talk without dribbling :p.

I wouldn't see it as cosying up to the club, and even if you were, so what?, anything to benefit the forum surely.

Wipe the poo from your lips mate.. 

People are being investigated by the police for calling people names. This should be a concern to any sensible person. 

Can you make another thread to have this tired old debate. You can also bang on about how unfair it is to be middle-aged, gifted and male.

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Are libel and slander normally considered abuse though Eddie?

I'm sure that what is being investigated is that someone has said that Mel should be beheaded and not that Keogh is crap

Just now, ariotofmyown said:

Can you make another thread to have this tired old debate. You can also bang on about how unfair it is to be middle-aged, gifted and male.

The old debate about whether or not Derby County football club want to prosecute people for saying things they don't like? I was to aware this was a longstanding thing.

Archived