Supporters Committee & Sausages

Day

Great idea ! The whole fan committee! Gives us a voice and a close relationship with the club. Especially from this forum , which in the whole I thinks great ! Not being up anyone's arse here , but if US as a forum gets a seat or two I think it should be solely down to @David to decide who he wants to represent us ! 

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Off topic, but:

What is 'Stand Next To Me'? As I'm not a regular match-goer, I haven't a clue, although I assume it's the name of a chant. Would appreciate a video although text along the lines of "stand next to me nanananananadadadadadadananananana" will probably do, I can imagine the rest.

Or it's the stand next to the bit that he watches the match from.

27 minutes ago, Alex W said:

I like to imagine I'm a good a good choice to put myself forward for opinions but I really don't post enough these days to warrant inclusion as a forum member. 

I think that 4-6 months is a better meeting time as there may be committee suggestions that need monitoring throughout a season for feedback. For example when Nick and the guys requested the crowd seating arrangements change, catering changes, explanations of general club infrastructure changes when it comes to philosophy etc. So a meeting at the season's beginning, middle in January and end of season/before pre-season seems a good way to go. 

I think 2-3 members a time is a good idea as well as trying to vary the ages included. My needs are different to an old codger like @Boycie for example. Different opinions also useful, there'd be little point in my going with @Alpha for example as I agree with almost everything he posts, to the point where if he posts then often I'd just be repeating so don't bother. It would be a waste of a spot at the forum. So trying to manage that kind of thing too seems like a good idea. 

Not being funny, but you don't go to the games, so why would you want to be part of a fan committee?

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Not being funny, but you don't go to the games, so why would you want to be part of a fan committee?

In what way does not getting to matches frequently affect a fan's input, barring some obvious lacking knowledge of the football played? 

I don't think this should be reserved for fans who go to every game, due to TV games and today's fame I've caught over half of our matches this season total if we include pre season. 

Plus I said I didn't want to be a member. I'm not the right fit for it, not for this forum. 

2 minutes ago, Alex W said:

In what way does not getting to matches frequently affect a fan's input, barring some obvious lacking knowledge of the football played? 

I don't think this should be reserved for fans who go to every game, due to TV games and today's fame I've caught over half of our matches this season total if we include pre season. 

Plus I said I didn't want to be a member. I'm not the right fit for it, not for this forum. 

I don't think you can get a true perspective of a match by watching it in t.v ! Therefore a true perspective of a playing style.  

1 minute ago, Alex W said:

I think they'll want fan feedback regards the match experience, I doubt they'll want your, sorry, their advice on their knowledge of football.

personally I do think it should be someone who goes regular. Or whats the point?

14 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think they'll want fan feedback regards the match experience, I doubt they'll want your, sorry, their advice on their knowledge of football.

personally I do think it should be someone who goes regular. Or whats the point?

I think it should be someone fairly regularly, just not necessarily a season ticket holder. Someone who manages 50/75%  games should be applicable too.

1 minute ago, Alex W said:

I think it should be someone fairly regularly, just not necessarily a season ticket holder. Someone who manages 50/75%  games should be applicable too.

I agree it doesn't need to be a season ticket holder. Or even a member of the forum. Nothing has been arranged as far as I'm aware?

Great to see so many positive replies, I did have concerns getting involved after the response to our last Moor Farm visit and was expecting more people against the idea than we have had so far. 

As for putting your own or other members name in or out of the hat it really is too early for this, we meet with the club again in 6 weeks to further discuss setting up the committee, it maybe decided that the group is reduced and we may not have a seat or that rotation isn't the best way forward or even more groups/organisations are brought in. 

8 groups are involved at the moment plus the club will also have their own ideas on how it will work, not just this forum.

Suggestions on how you would like to see it work are more helpful at this stage, the more input the better as I can take these to the table and put forward.

3 minutes ago, Alex W said:

That's fair enough, that way they'd get feedback on ticket prices, ease of buying tickets etc.

Possibly less sense of entitlement too!

Top night I thought.

One thing for me is that the pub tours are hopefully coming back. I made a point that Sam and JV had worked very hard over the last few years liaising with fans including the good old days of them in with the fans at Charlton away some years ago. For me I would like to see this again. They are 2 top guys, comfortable having a beer and a chat and for me that is all good with any kind of manager in any job. I also said to Mel he should come up to the SS one game and I genuinely believe they all will.

Like it has already been mentioned great that so many different groups with different thoughts were at the table. I think it pretty much represents all Derby fans so for me I would say it would be best to keep the same faces and issues raised through them faces that attend. 

All in all it seems the way forward. 

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Armchairist!

10 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Mike Ashley used to stand with the Geordie riff-raff and it just looked like a naff publicity stunt for the TV cameras.

To be fair he always used to do with his belly out drinking beer. I cant see Mel doing that can you? The odd game here and there no problem.

Archived