A Drone?

Bris Vegas

3 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Is it just me or have we not really helped ourselves by suspending Pearson for 'non-footballing' reasons?

Wouldn't it just have been much simpler to sack Pearson on the basis of results? After the result against Blackburn and the run we had been on, it wouldn't have been a surprise to anyone to see him sacked and if he's honest with himself, Pearson could have had very little argument either. 

At least on that basis, the fans could truly grasp why the decision has made because they've witnessed the performances and the results and know this team are capable of much better. With this situation, there are reports and gossip coming in from all angles and as a result, there is no clarity on the situation and the pot can continue to be stirred. Who knows what to believe? The reports are only consistent in casting doubt over Mel's competence as owner and very little else.

To me, by leaving the situation unresolved and shrouded in mystery, we have left ourselves wide open to having the club's reputation dragged through the mud because this is just going to linger and more and more stories will surface, casting a gloomy shadow over the club until we clear the situation up.

If there is any truth in the 'I saw a drone' story, then he has been suspended for being bonkers.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

But aren't CCTV cameras stationary? Surely a drone could follow movement better? 

Why are you telling me to bore off? 

Follow what movement? This is the most static football team in the division. We don't currently believe in players making runs or getting open when they don't have the ball. That's stuff for teams who spend unnecessary energy like Liverpool Spurs and Man City. 

We don't need a drone to tell us we appear to have no set piece or attacking strategy. You see it in person at the matches tbf. Not a bad idea though - I am all for drones spying on training. If true, this tells us that someone actually cares what they do in training which is a GOOD THING.

6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

Is it just me or have we not really helped ourselves by suspending Pearson for 'non-footballing' reasons?

Wouldn't it just have been much simpler to sack Pearson on the basis of results? After the result against Blackburn and the run we had been on, it wouldn't have been a surprise to anyone to see him sacked and if he's honest with himself, Pearson could have had very little argument either. 

At least on that basis, the fans could truly grasp why the decision has been made because they've witnessed the performances and the results and know this team are capable of much better. With this situation, there are reports and gossip coming in from all angles and as a result, there is no clarity on the situation and the pot can continue to be stirred. Who knows what to believe? The reports are only consistent in casting doubt over Mel's competence as owner and very little else.

To me, by leaving the situation unresolved and shrouded in mystery, we have left ourselves wide open to having the club's reputation dragged through the mud because this is just going to linger and more and more stories will surface, casting a gloomy shadow over the club until we clear the situation up.

Maybe it was agreed with Mel that a clear out was necessary for us to move forward, after all the performance was not brilliant at Cardiff or Reading?

You cannot sack your manager after the owner and Manager agree the way forward is .....

7 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Do you still believe them?

I have no reason to disbelieve them and things that have happened since, such as subtle digs by players, would suggest they are true.

7 hours ago, YouRams said:

Still comes down to what you believe, Neil Clement paints a bad picture of Mel, Mel paints a bad picture of Paul, we may never find out what's actually gone on with Pearson. But something needs to change we're turning into a joke club. 

Not sure Mel paints a bad picture of Clement and so far has said nothing about Pearson. If anything Mel is not open enough about Clement. But, if I'm wrong, you can show me the loads of quotes where Mel has slammed Clement. The ones I've seen and heard are very diplomatic.

6 hours ago, Jourdan said:

At least on that basis, the fans could truly grasp why the decision has been made because they've witnessed the performances and the results and know this team are capable of much better. With this situation, there are reports and gossip coming in from all angles and as a result, there is no clarity on the situation and the pot can continue to be stirred. Who knows what to believe? The reports are only consistent in casting doubt over Mel's competence as owner and very little else.

It's the Derby way.

32 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I have no reason to disbelieve them and things that have happened since, such as subtle digs by players, would suggest they are true.

Not sure Mel paints a bad picture of Clement and so far has said nothing about Pearson. If anything Mel is not open enough about Clement. But, if I'm wrong, you can show me the loads of quotes where Mel has slammed Clement. The ones I've seen and heard are very diplomatic.

Agree.  I think too many stories have been made up and some people are now believing them as fact.

If we just stopped with the speculation it'd make like a lot simpler. Modding too.

Alright lads. Leicester fan here, just thought I would let you all know that this is more than likely to be true. Nigel Pearson is close to someone at 'The Mirror'. Down the years while he was manager at Leicester, all the breaking stories on us would always be in the mirror, and pretty much everytime turned out to be correct. So much so, that whenever a story about us was published in the Mirror, we took it as gospel. 

4 minutes ago, stevehoward said:

Alright lads. Leicester fan here, just thought I would let you all know that this is more than likely to be true. Nigel Pearson is close to someone at 'The Mirror'. Down the years while he was manager at Leicester, all the breaking stories on us would always be in the mirror, and pretty much everytime turned out to be correct. So much so, that whenever a story about us was published in the Mirror, we took it as gospel. 

Whilst I don't doubt the crux of the story (a row following Mr Pearson seeing a drone), it seems bonkers.

Either Morris IS using a drone to spy on Pearson, OR the club is using drones to film training sessions, Nigel assumes that the reasons are otherwise, confronts the chairman and all hell breaks out.

One person or another in either scenario is crackers.

Whether this is b******s or not, our club is in the media far, far to much for all the wrong reasons recently. 

There are to many reporters, pundits etc saying pretty much the same things about Mel and our club. I doubt every single one of them is wrong or speculating, there has to be some truth in some of the things they are saying. Whether that be player power, dressing room rants, Mel on a power trip and now the media embargo on radio Derby etc etc, the list goes on. 

What i do know is, we are turning into Leeds and Forest 2.0, i haven't been this embarrassed in our club since the Paul Jewell sex tape days. We need stability and we need it quickly, nobody's big enough to get relegated from this league. 

8 hours ago, Jourdan said:

If Mel sacks Pearson for footballing reasons he has to compensate Pearson. Unless an arrangement can be made, and I would doubt that Pearson would feel very accommodating, then that would probably mean paying off his entire contract. If he's on £20k per week, that's about £3m. I doubt that would help the FFP situation.

If Mel sticks him on 'gardening leave', it 'just' costs us £20k per week and if Pearson wants to manage another club he will be pretty much forced to agree a far smaller compensation package.

If Mel can prove gross misconduct - which a few bad results certainly isn't, Pearson can be sacked without compensation.

A clean break would be simpler, but may well lead to a transfer embargo and possible relegation. 

The drone story is almost definitely bollux.

The camera system at Moor Farm is ridiculously complex, whereby you can manipulate the multiple cameras to see exactly what a player can see at any given moment in time. Delap gave an example of where a youth team goalkeeper said he couldn't see the ball and they used the cameras to show that he could see the ball. 

It's not hard to put a system in place where Mel could watch it wherever and whenever, either. 

What I'm trying to say is that drone wouldn't be needed. Full stop. 

1 minute ago, Ambitious said:

The drone story is almost definitely bollux.

The camera system at Moor Farm is ridiculously complex, whereby you can manipulate the multiple cameras to see exactly what a player can see at any given moment in time. Delap gave an example of where a youth team goalkeeper said he couldn't see the ball and they used the cameras to show that he could see the ball. 

It's not hard to put a system in place where Mel could watch it wherever and whenever, either. 

What I'm trying to say is that drone wouldn't be needed. Full stop. 

The story doesn't actually mention Moor Farm though. I know in the past that not all training activity has been done at HQ - with other gyms, parks and therapy centres featuring. Away games also usually involve a training session or two. Is it possible that Mel just wanted to use drones to keep tabs on activity away from MF?

Archived