A Drone?

Bris Vegas

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, rammieib said:

Truth, no truth, or middle ground (I.e there was a drone but other reasons), yet more embarrassment for our club.

Whatever caused it, one argument between owner and manager has resulted in another sacking. It's becoming a common theme. Owner gets involved on the footballing side, manager gets the sack. And still some fans can't see it. 

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Whatever caused it, one argument between owner and manager has resulted in another sacking. It's becoming a common theme. Owner gets involved on the footballing side, manager gets the sack. And still some fans can't see it. 

as I have alluded to, do you think the owner would need to get involved in the footballing side had the team been doing acceptably?

2 minutes ago, YouRams said:

Morris will eventually make a statement and 90% of fans will believe it and think he is the best thing since sliced bread.

i was excited when he took control, dont get me wrong but his power addiction and short termism is staggering.

He should never get involved in the footballing side. Yes he has to hire and fire the manager but that's it

If we're not careful we might not pay the window cleaner, Mel tweets a picture of an animal he's killed on a hunt and not sign a striker due to having a wonky eye and we will have the full hasawi set!

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

as I have alluded to, do you think the owner would need to get involved in the footballing side had the team been doing acceptably?

But it's how you get involved, obviously in any line of work if a managers not performing a director should be asking for improvement, but to go as far as reports suggest is completely wrong. Everyone knew Pearsons personality if Mel wanted a manager In place where he could have more involvement why on earth would you hire Nigel Pearson?

The same article says we are after SmC again but he has to apologise to Mel.... I'm treating that with the same level of credence as the drone spying.....

I can see why a club would use all the tech it could to monitor training etc but the rest of the story LOL

Theres a lot of people at the moment jumping on every rumour they hear or read or repeating what the man down the pub says cause he knows someone who knows someone who's brother in law Dave spoke to some random chap ...  who just made all of it up. 

Its pretty clear the club cannot say anything because of legal reasons around the whole situation (would be same in any firm), and indeed we should not expect them to do so as these investigations etc should remain confidential, so people fill the gaps with any old nonsense hence this sort of ridiculous story.

Hold on a minute, didn't we already know this anyway?

Wasn't it something actively promoted from before Clement was here?

Didn't Mel say that all training was to be recorded so that all areas of the club could learn from each other? Didn't he also mention that he could watch from home as well?

Isn't there actually a media room where these things are correlated and shared?

CCTV, Drone, Go Pro, Rams player, what difference does it make? 

Is it a story worthy of paper talk? 

What an absolute waste of time worrying about it. 

18 minutes ago, YouRams said:

But it's how you get involved, obviously in any line of work if a managers not performing a director should be asking for improvement, but to go as far as reports suggest is completely wrong. Everyone knew Pearsons personality if Mel wanted a manager In place where he could have more involvement why on earth would you hire Nigel Pearson?

yes, I agree, and how exactly do you think he's got involved? I am just saying he's gone and asked the manager "what's going on? why aren't we performing?" which he is justified in doing.

Just now, Mostyn6 said:

yes, I agree, and how exactly do you think he's got involved? I am just saying he's gone and asked the manager "what's going on? why aren't we performing?" which he is justified in doing.

My thoughts are based on rumours because that's all we have heard but I'd say to get through two managers in two seasons and have all this speculation surrounding you it's more than a "what's going on" sort of chat he's had. 

Think it was a article on Brentford I was watching the other day and a coach said they use drones to record training sessions because it gives a  better view and they can monitor everyone.He was saying it is a huge positive and the latest idea.

So drone use is not unusual in modern thinking.

4 minutes ago, YouRams said:

My thoughts are based on rumours because that's all we have heard but I'd say to get through two managers in two seasons and have all this speculation surrounding you it's more than a "what's going on" sort of chat he's had. 

but there were plenty of people wanting Pearson sacked, so even if you don't agree that he should've, the fact that a quite vocal section did would suggest that it's not interference as much as doing what was justified.

As for Clement, there was, in my mind, a multitude of reasons, but ultimately, Clement signed on to do the job in a certain way, and then had his own agenda, and the feeling was he thought he was too good to be at Derby. Never scouted opposition, except Man United, didn't keep the players fit, declined decent signing opportunities and bought Blackman, and then on top of that, lost the dressing room and had a massive collapse in form.

Just now, Beagle said:

Think it was a article on Brentford I was watching the other day and a coach said they use drones to record training sessions because it gives a  better view and they can monitor everyone.He was saying it is a huge positive and the latest idea.

So drone use is not unusual in modern thinking.

That's all well and good, I can see it would be a valuable resource in training sessions.

However, if it's being used to send images to a football club owner, who as far as I'm aware is totally unqualified in a football coaching role, and therefore not on a position to deem a session worthwhile or not, it would be so far beyond reason it's laughable.

I hope it's not true.

@Mostyn6 the points you've made on Clement sound fairly rumour/opinion based though I suppose it's which side do you believe. And was the lack of fitness under PC lack of effort as was highlighted by NP? 

How many managers are we going to get through before fans/owner are happy? I said before Pearson get out of this league however you can, but right now I'd love some stability back, I'd love that feel good factor back. I remember watching the fan forums with a buzz in the stomach thinking how proud I was of our football club, couldn't be further away from that feeling now. 

Just now, YouRams said:

@Mostyn6 the points you've made on Clement sound fairly rumour/opinion based though I suppose it's which side do you believe. And was the lack of fitness under PC lack of effort as was highlighted by NP? 

How many managers are we going to get through before fans/owner are happy? I said before Pearson get out of this league however you can, but right now I'd love some stability back, I'd love that feel good factor back. I remember watching the fan forums with a buzz in the stomach thinking how proud I was of our football club, couldn't be further away from that feeling now. 

no, the bulk of those points were given to us directly from the mouth of MM.

Archived