Reading FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

FIVE strikers on the bench?

I'm surprised people aren't making more of this. Even if we're light on numbers an U-23 player would be better than having to bring Blackman or someone on as fullback. I suppose Anya can play there mind. But what about midfield?

Absolutely gutted for Lowe, sounded like he was excellent the other night and he could really have established his place, worry about Olsson coming up against mclearly but we've go no other option sadly. Rest of the team looks fine to me, you don't normally change a winning side much now let's hope we can start a run

I hope BJ can establish himself in the DM role.

I wish him all the best because he's had a rough time. He's not always great in possession and in a team like Derby's that stands out.

However, the rest of the team aren't great at doing the ugly stuff which we need from him.

And if he wants to pop up at the far post for the odd goal I'm fine with that!

2 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

I'm surprised people aren't making more of this. Even if we're light on numbers an U-23 player would be better than having to bring Blackman or someone on as fullback. I suppose Anya can play there mind. But what about midfield?

All out attack. We just need to score more than the opposition - when we need to score we just bring three more strikers on and take 3 defenders off. That bench between them has one league goal this season, so we shouldn't have a problem scoring when we bring them on.

8 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

Agreed. I'd have liked to have seen Elsnik, Rawson and Hanson on there to have wider cover across the team. It looks a bit of a keep first teamers happy move. But anyway first team looks good.

Archived