Reading FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

9 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Championship

Saturday, 1 October, 15:00

Madejski Stadium

Presumably Chris Powell will be in charge for the second time. Im predicting a very tight affair, but we should get at least a point.

Probably  the same formation as tuesday with Johnson in the holding role.

Eyes to the directors box, to see which out of work managers are lurking in the shadows.

On talksport Monday, 'Arry said he was planning to go watch Reading v Derby this weekend. That's sure to have people jumping to conclusions.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez I hope not in terms of we start jumping into full term appointments on the strength of two games and sentiment for an ex player ,, we made a total mess of stuff over the last few years and we can't keep hurtling headlong from one clusterfuxk to another

16 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Just a thought, would it be difficult for the club to appoint someone full time until they resolve pearson's future?

Although I'm guessing this internal investigation is not looking good for pearson, would he have a complaint under employment law if they did that? If that looks to be the case it might be they say something to Powell but cannot say anything beyond "until further notice" or "whilst pearson is suspended"

Not just difficult but I would say impossible and wrong. 

What would your team for Reading be tomorrow?

Would you make any changes from Cardiff?

Mine would be:

Carson

Christie           Keogh         Shackell (if available)         Lowe

Johnson

Bryson (if available)   Hughes

Ince                            Vydra                                   Weimann   

2 hours ago, JoeDerby said:

Mine would be:

Carson

Johnson

Can't see the point in changing a winning team, especially one that looked much more like the derby we're used to. Bryson is a flogged horse for me, give him time to find that spark again while we have butters and johnson gaining form 

2 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Can't see the point in changing a winning team, especially one that looked much more like the derby we're used to. Bryson is a flogged horse for me, give him time to find that spark again while we have butters and johnson gaining form 

I really do think with Johnson, Butterfield and Hughes we have a great balance of creativity, strength and work rate. I would like to see them three really make them positions their own and then Bryson and Butters can swap when needed as they both look heavy legged after 60 mins.

Safe journey to all those travelling Rams today and make some noise for us that can't make it.

Hoping for another confidence boosting performance and hopefully a win will accompany it.

It will be interesting to see the line up and how Chris approaches the game.

Come on you rams!!

On ‎30‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 09:23, JoeDerby said:

Mine would be:

Carson

Johnson

Why no Anya? By all accounts one of our better players.

same team as Cardiff for me

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I think he will start with the same team but remember Cardiff are a poor side.

We're not suddenly a great side.

Reading will be smarting from their defeat and will want to put on a show.

Hope Elsnik gets on the bench.

Agree in part with this Anag Ram. Cardiff are struggling so a win there may not seem the hardest of tasks but I think when you consider the form the team were in prior to the game, the shenanigans that went off a few hours before kick off and the fact that it was a game we were under pressure to get something out of then I think overall it was a pretty characterful effort which is good to see.

We aren't suddenly a great side you are right but I think we HAVE a great side. All someone needs to do is get them playing with confidence to a system because we've one of the best squads in the division. I'm hoping it's Chrissy Powell and that he can stake his claim for managers post with another 3 points today.

It will be tough though as Reading I see as a hot and cold side. On their day they are good to watch and can punish you and on a bad day they can be pretty bad. They've got some really good players.

I'd take a draw today but if we lose I just hope it was an all round good performance. I don't want to go back to the recent days of NP where we draw or lose AND play atrociously to boot. Try and win the game and if we get done we get done. No arguments.

WE ARE DERBY!!

Archived