Reading FC v Derby County

Bwash_Ram

Championship

Saturday, 1 October, 15:00

Madejski Stadium

Presumably Chris Powell will be in charge for the second time. Im predicting a very tight affair, but we should get at least a point.

Probably  the same formation as tuesday with Johnson in the holding role.

Eyes to the directors box, to see which out of work managers are lurking in the shadows.

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It will be a much tougher game than Cardiff. Reading have had a good start despite some shaky results in the last week or so. I think it will be a score draw.

Would be lovely to see Blackman get on the score sheet against his old club!

A vydra goal would be good too ;) 

going 2-1 Derby win Saturday :) 

Hey guys with everything that is going off at the club at the moment

The lads need us to stay right them as right now we going through the rough patch but the win last night lifted everybody mood. I think us getting behind the lads on saturday let chant to another win closing on the top ten we shall be that bit closer to play offs spots.

5 hours ago, RamLad1884 said:

If we win keep him on a game to game basis. Ensures he's on his toes and gives us something to gossip about on the forum for the rest of the season 

Not saying whether he should be given the job or not (so much on the fence my backside hurts) but game by game basis is a little unfair on him. As a contractor if someone offered me such a short term rolling contract I'd politely decline or only stick it out until I found something with a little more security. 

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Not saying whether he should be given the job or not (so much on the fence my backside hurts) but game by game basis is a little unfair on him. As a contractor if someone offered me such a short term rolling contract I'd politely decline or only stick it out until I found something with a little more security. 

sorry that was supposed to be tongue in cheek :lol:

4-3-3. If it isn't broke please phrase don't try and fix it Chrissy.

Carson

Christie Keogh Pearce Lowe

Johnson

Hughes  Butterfield 

Ince            Vydra            Anya 

I think we will win. Blackman and Vydra to score against their former club. Powell appointed on a permanent basis.

2 hours ago, kingsy1884 said:

4-3-3. If it isn't broke please phrase don't try and fix it Chrissy.

Carson

Christie Keogh Pearce Lowe

Johnson

Hughes  Butterfield 

Ince            Vydra            Anya 

I think we will win. Blackman and Vydra to score against their former club. Powell appointed on a permanent basis.

Have you forgotten about Pearce? He's playing against his old club too.. 

Just a thought, would it be difficult for the club to appoint someone full time until they resolve pearson's future?

Although I'm guessing this internal investigation is not looking good for pearson, would he have a complaint under employment law if they did that? If that looks to be the case it might be they say something to Powell but cannot say anything beyond "until further notice" or "whilst pearson is suspended"

Difficult one to call this, Powell made a good start and fixed the obvious issues within the team, let's hope the team take confidence from that win and keep the performances going here and we can get the win. Similar tactics to Cardiff, try and control the game but equally not slow passing, keep the ball moving and on the deck and we've got a chance here. Reading conceded 4 yesterday and will no doubt be knocked mentally by that which we can capitalise on, and early goal here would be great, knock them down early on and we can win this imo. I'd go with a very Similar balanced team like this:

Carson

Christie/maybe santos    Keogh      Shackell      Lowe

Johnson

Hughes     Butterfield 

Anya/wiemann      Vydra       Ince

bench: Mitchell Olsson Pearce Bryson Anya/weimann camara Blackman 

Christie didn't sound too good the other day and imo weimann would link up better with vydra than Anya- but after a victory after so poor form I don't think I'd change either tbf. Just Shackell back in for me, need him in there he gives confidence to the whole defence which could be vital against a reading side who are capable of playing good fast paced football, hopefully he'll be back now the big bad ostrich is gone

Archived