Beer Thread

Cisse

12 hours ago, sage said:

You are hereby admitted to the DCFC Belgian (Shandy) Club.

What did you think of it?

Nice! Think being a pale ale it wasn’t quite as strong in terms of flavour but suited me that way.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

Only as associate member. It's Dutch ?

Just being a DCFC loyalist!

Public Service Announcement

Tesco are currently selling St Feuillien Saison and St Louis Gueuze for £1.25 a bottle. Both were on sale at £2.50 a bottle until last week. Whether they are getting rid prior to discontinuing the beers or not, I don't know - but I'm taking no chances and grabbing a dozen of each.

I’m settling down with these two tonight.  The Rotpunkt is a very tasty red IPA.  The Rain Shadow (naff name!) is a really powerful and delicious imperial stout.  Shame they don’t do a barrel aged version, that would be great.  I’m yet to find a Buxton beer I don’t like, it’s an excellent brewery.

AE9DFD99-0664-4186-892D-257A11277106.jpeg

1 hour ago, Kinder said:

I’m settling down with these two tonight.  The Rotpunkt is a very tasty red IPA.  The Rain Shadow (naff name!) is a really powerful and delicious imperial stout.  Shame they don’t do a barrel aged version, that would be great.  I’m yet to find a Buxton beer I don’t like, it’s an excellent brewery.

AE9DFD99-0664-4186-892D-257A11277106.jpeg

Unusual to see a red IPA these days, pretty much a dead style. I've had that one though and it was one very tasty but very ugly beer! (Huge amounts of sediment, even poured well) 

They have done a  barrel aged version of rain shadow before but as is often the case blink and you'll miss it. This was a very evidently single cask whisky aged one but it took too much away from the stout itself for me, and I'm not a fan of whisky anyway truth be told!

I've currently got one of final batch of Buxton/Omnipollo Yellow Belly in the garage set to age for a few years.