Beer Thread

Cisse

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Drank 8 pints of Timothy Taylor Landlord on Sunday night whilst watching the Champions League final in a pub in Alton.

How the feck I managed to do a shift at work on Monday I'll never know.

I'm too old for this.

Bad news I'm afraid. You only drank 4, the other 4 are probably down the front of your shirt?

1 hour ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Has anyone used the site Flavourly for deliveries and would you recommend it? Tempted by a deal they have on at the moment. ?

I had an account with them many years ago but it might not be relevant to what they're like now.

Got fed up of the very bland beer selections they were sending out (you can't send me a bottle of Oldershaw Heavenly Blond and call it a craft beer club!) and their insistence on sending 3-4, sometimes more beers from the a single brewery every time was not my idea of 'discovery'

...but never had an issue with the site, payments, deliveries (although I can't remember whether they used Hermes or something better)  or cancelling the account.

25 minutes ago, Coconut said:

I had an account with them many years ago but it might not be relevant to what they're like now.

Got fed up of the very bland beer selections they were sending out (you can't send me a bottle of Oldershaw Heavenly Blond and call it a craft beer club!) and their insistence on sending 3-4, sometimes more beers from the a single brewery every time was not my idea of 'discovery'

...but never had an issue with the site, payments, deliveries (although I can't remember whether they used Hermes or something better)  or cancelling the account.

Cheers for the feedback. I decided to give them a whirl before I read your response. The deal is 24 'craft' beers for £24, delivered and no subscription, although reading your response I'm guessing they're using poetic license on the craft part. Thought it was worth the gamble until I read your review. 

15 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Cheers for the feedback. I decided to give them a whirl before I read your response. The deal is 24 'craft' beers for £24, delivered and no subscription, although reading your response I'm guessing they're using poetic license on the craft part. Thought it was worth the gamble until I read your review. 

tbf everyone who says craft is using poetic license, it's a pretty meaningless term now when you've got breweries like Beavertown being called craft despite being owned by Heineken & there are 30-40 craft beers in Tesco, produced in the quantities clearly needed to be in stock all year round.

I'm sure the beers will be fine, tbh it's just that my tastes are centered very much on the premium, limited run, expensive side of things.

It's still a good deal and will be well worth your £24, don't worry. 

A 24 beer order on one of my regular sites would cost  anywhere between £130-160 so, you know...

Edited by Coconut

I was seduced by the Flavourly offer a few years ago. I soon got disillusioned by the range on offer and ended up buying for the sake of it. I’m glad in a way that I did, because it got me into online beer purchasing.

Companies like Beer Hawk, Beerwulf, Beers of Europe and Belgiuminabox are better In my opinion.

Im really into the flavour of German Weisse Biers now, but i find a lot of them very gassy and "heavy going"

The best one ive found is Patronus from Lidl, but thats still a bit gassy for me, anyone know of any others that are a bit smoother

and more quaffable?

53 minutes ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Im really into the flavour of German Weisse Biers now, but i find a lot of them very gassy and "heavy going"

The best one ive found is Patronus from Lidl, but thats still a bit gassy for me, anyone know of any others that are a bit smoother

and more quaffable?

I was drinking Paulaner Hefe Weiss yesterday. It was on the next page of the list I attached but forgot to photograph it. Dangerously quaffable beer. Not at all gassy or heavy going in my opinion. 

7 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Thanks but i cant seem to find any supermarkets that sell it

Sorry. I've only had it on draught. You could probably get it online or if you've got a decent off license nearby. I think it's too niche for supermarkets. 

Went to a restaurant with two other couples yesterday that we had never been to. They had a beer list with 150 different beers on it. I enjoy a beer, but haven't been partaking this year because sometimes just one glass can give me a migraine for two or three days. Having so many beers thrust before my eyes and couldn't resist trying one. The one I actually ordered was out of stock but the waiter suggested trying one that was similar. If I'd seen it in a glass I probably wouldn't have tried it, but I must admit I enjoyed it. Only had the one mind as I was tipsy after just that one.

F5818C24-5E22-4832-98D5-5BF0E12DCF6B.jpeg

7B910E35-9F4C-4418-AE9D-D9EF8353DDF2.jpeg

21CF1CF6-AFCB-4E04-8270-CA7C44F5F70B.jpeg

33 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Went to a restaurant with two other couples yesterday that we had never been to. They had a beer list with 150 different beers on it. I enjoy a beer, but haven't been partaking this year because sometimes just one glass can give me a migraine for two or three days. Having so many beers thrust before my eyes and couldn't resist trying one. The one I actually ordered was out of stock but the waiter suggested trying one that was similar. If I'd seen it in a glass I probably wouldn't have tried it, but I must admit I enjoyed it. Only had the one mind as I was tipsy after just that one.

F5818C24-5E22-4832-98D5-5BF0E12DCF6B.jpeg

7B910E35-9F4C-4418-AE9D-D9EF8353DDF2.jpeg

21CF1CF6-AFCB-4E04-8270-CA7C44F5F70B.jpeg

Welcome to the Dark Side.