Beer Thread

Cisse

2 hours ago, Srg said:

Bought this haul online. Lovely stuff. 

3C591A04-2386-47D5-BC62-D00D1FDB19BC.jpeg

Can't really go wrong with Vocation, and that Strength In Numbers in particular is very good.

Always good value too. I've put in a number of orders with them in the past few months and I've stashed away one each of their limited release barrell series (4 so far for the year, all sold out!) to hopefully forget about and age for a good year or more.

Edited by Coconut

Tripel Karmeleit conspicuous by its absence on my Tesco delivery today.

I hope it's just a temporary glitch, but I have anticipated this situation somewhat. I've been hoarding 4 bottles a week since they started stocking it.

Had a couple of Erdinger Weisse biers from sainsbos the other night, i liked the taste (as it wasnt too spicy) but it was very "heavy going"

not very quaffable it was also extremely gassy.

Any recommendations for Wheat beers that are smooth and sinkable and also not too "clovey" ?

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

Had a couple of Erdinger Weisse biers from sainsbos the other night, i liked the taste (as it wasnt too spicy) but it was very "heavy going"

Any recommendations for Wheat beers that are smooth and sinkable and also not too "clovey" ?

spacer.png

On 10/07/2020 at 12:32, Bwash_Ram said:

Lidl's Patronus Weisse beer is an absolute steal at the price it currently is.

131064_85.jpg

5 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

spacer.png

I'm not very good at multi quoting, but you get the gist.,,you may have answered your own question 

Edited by sage

3 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I must say I am impressed with the service from Beersofeurope.

The only supplier who has Corsendonk Agnus at a reasonable price and in stock. Delivery seems to come in a few days.

Would like to visit their store sometime.

Before we went to Ikea last week, it was the last shop we went to, back in March. We were on holiday in Kings Lynn when Boris announced the lockdown, so the next morning we popped in, bought about £150's worth of beer including all their old stock of Hacker-Pschoor Oktoberfest (the Memsahib's favourite German beer).

It's a fantastic shop, but at the moment it's closed. They are expanding, and plan on doubling the size.

We had an order arrive from there yesterday, and we only ordered it on Sunday - amazing service.

If you like Corsendonk Agnus (and rightly so - it's fantastic), try Corsendonk Gold.

8 hours ago, Bwash_Ram said:

spacer.png

Oh yes.

There is a whole group of weissbiers which are more my cup of tea than the bog-standard wheaty spicy ones, and that's a family of beers known as doppelbocks. There are dark in colour, very similar in hue and strength to the belgian 'dubbels', and the following are worth trying out (they work out at around £2 a bottle from web-bier.de, inclusive of post and packing):

• Erdinger Pikantus
  • Weltenburger Kloster Asam Bock
  • Paulaner Salvator

Another doppelbock worth seeking out is Schneider Weisse Tap6 Aventinus (this one's not available from web-bier.de, who only sell Munich beers).

'Conventional' Weissbiers are known as 'Hefe Weissbiers' or 'Hefeweizen' (Hefe is German for 'yeast'), are usually cloudy/unfiltered and some of my favourites are

• Schneider Weisse Tap7 Original
  • Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier
  • Ayinger Brauweisse
  • Andechser Weissbier Hell

There is a growing market for filtered or clear weissbiers, but I don't know anything about them.

Edited by Eddie