Beer Thread

Cisse

17 hours ago, Coconut said:

Another BIAB order, this time not leaning on any old favourites

image.png.188b32163c1d307862e5d2a6245cb89f.png

A few there I've never had, but some utterly wonderful brews in there - especially the Vleteren 12 Oak Aged. I had my last one of those yesterday.  We've got a Gulden Draak Imperial Stout waiting for that first league win, so that'll be around Christmas at the current rate of progress. The Het Nest beers are awesome. If you like stouts (you do, that's obvious) try their "Dead Man's Hand". Blooming exquisite.

Got so utterly fed up of waiting for Kurt. Today, we drank our last bottle of Straffe Hendrik Tripel, and I wondered whether De Halve Maan brewery in Brugge actually ship from the brewery to the UK. Well, it turns out that they do.

Just ordered 12 x 75 cl Straffe Hendrik Tripel, 12 x 75 cl Straffe Hendrik Quad and a De Halve Maan pin for my blazer to sit proudly alongside my Derbyshire CCC pin.

So basically, 24 big bottles of two of the finest beers in the world (and the pin).

Total price: €128.08 - including delivery.

That's a bit over €5.25 per bottle.

Delivery guaranteed via BPost in 3-5 working days.

On 30/09/2020 at 22:08, Eddie said:

Got so utterly fed up of waiting for Kurt. Today, we drank our last bottle of Straffe Hendrik Tripel, and I wondered whether De Halve Maan brewery in Brugge actually ship from the brewery to the UK. Well, it turns out that they do.

Just ordered 12 x 75 cl Straffe Hendrik Tripel, 12 x 75 cl Straffe Hendrik Quad and a De Halve Maan pin for my blazer to sit proudly alongside my Derbyshire CCC pin.

So basically, 24 big bottles of two of the finest beers in the world (and the pin).

Total price: €128.08 - including delivery.

That's a bit over €5.25 per bottle.

Delivery guaranteed via BPost in 3-5 working days.

You do realise that this is the end for @Coconut 's liver when he reads this.

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

Good price, but I like variety too much to order that many of the same 2 beers!

We share 1 big bottle of beer a day at lunchtime. At the moment, we alternate - one day Karmeleit, the next a n other.  In the beforetimes, we used to go to Ashbourne every week and we would always share a Straffe Tripel to start off the session, so it's just bringing a little normality back into our lives.

Incidentally, they do mixed cases so you could always opt for Brugse Zot blond and dubbel and a few Straffe Wilds - or if you are feeling flush, the Straffe Heritage 2018. Definitely having one of those for Christmas.