Beer Thread

Cisse

25 minutes ago, froggg said:

I’ll advance you this Sir, if it’s good enough for William Shakespeare I’ll give it a punt.DC382319-F34D-4232-A177-7EE0B8B7381A.thumb.jpeg.54617032998dcc3ba92b7a7bb66ee0b8.jpeg

That's an excellent beer. We, too, were celebrating Christmas earlier today (early or late Christmas - who cares) - with a 75 cl bottle of N'ice Chouffe. We followed that up by splitting a Tynt Meadow, which I have now decided is my all-time favourite English beer.

On 07/07/2020 at 17:41, Eddie said:

That's an excellent beer. We, too, were celebrating Christmas earlier today (early or late Christmas - who cares) - with a 75 cl bottle of N'ice Chouffe. We followed that up by splitting a Tynt Meadow, which I have now decided is my all-time favourite English beer.

Have you ever had a look at the Perfect draft system Eddie?

I'm quite tempted, seems to be a good selection of world beers at around £6 per litre, including Triple Karmeliet(sic).

Big selection of Leffes I've not seen before too, I guess due to the takeover opening up new commercial channels, and a few Thornebridge beers too.

39 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'm quite tempted, seems to be a good selection of world beers at around £6 per litre, including Triple Karmeliet(sic).

Big selection of Leffes I've not seen before too, I guess due to the takeover opening up new commercial channels, and a few Thornebridge beers too.

i have one but i haven't used it yet. It was a bit of a fiddly set up and it arrived on the morning of the party i was using it at. I am shiite at DIY etc though

I've seen them used in micro pubs and they serve a decent beer. I have a Leffe Blond and a Karmaliet ready to use but waiting till we can ne more sociable to get it set up. 

11 minutes ago, sage said:

i have one but i haven't used it yet. It was a bit of a fiddly set up and it arrived on the morning of the party i was using it at. I am shiite at DIY etc though

I've seen them used in micro pubs and they serve a decent beer. I have a Leffe Blond and a Karmaliet ready to use but waiting till we can ne more sociable to get it set up. 

I'll wait for your feedback, thanks @sage.

Seems a little expensive per drink, but I do love a gadget!

One other thing, can you take a half full keg out and use another, then swop back?

Edited by reverendo de duivel

5 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I'll wait for your feedback, thanks @sage.

Seems a little expensive per drink, but I do love a gadget!

One other thing, can you take a half full keg out and use another, then swop back?

I don't think so. The casks sell by date is about 18 months and about a month once it's open.   I have gone halves with a mate on it. one of the reasons i got it is I was looking at organising some gigs with our own bar. 

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I know a couple of people with these, and both very happy, often do good deals on short date kegs as well. Would invest myself but hardly touch a drop these days.?

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I've thought about it, but I would probably only go for Karmeleit and Kwak. Incidentally, Leffe Rituel is very nice.

17 minutes ago, sage said:

And the price is... 

99p when it's on offer, I seem to recall.

It's brewed by Mauritius in Zwickau (so as near to Munich as Newcastle is to London) but it is pretty good.