Beer Thread

Cisse

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Public Service Announcement

Tesco are currently selling St Feuillien Saison and St Louis Gueuze for £1.25 a bottle. Both were on sale at £2.50 a bottle until last week. Whether they are getting rid prior to discontinuing the beers or not, I don't know - but I'm taking no chances and grabbing a dozen of each.

These two have never been in my Tesco, although I used to see the St Feuillien in M&S, I never went mad for it but may have done at that price perhaps.

Tesco seem to leave a lot of their beer choices up to the specific store in question, but I don't think they will ever appear in Mickleover!

What did appear the other week though..

I saison bottled back in 2017, locked away in a warehouse and forgotten about I assume! Not on offer but at £3 a bottle as an aged beer.

117899899_10224013016174255_579329376697

I don't expect it to be available in the majority of Tesco stores, I'm not sure if it's all sold out in my local now either.

28 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Unusual to see a red IPA these days, pretty much a dead style. I've had that one though and it was one very tasty but very ugly beer! (Huge amounts of sediment, even poured well) 

They have done a  barrel aged version of rain shadow before but as is often the case blink and you'll miss it. This was a very evidently single cask whisky aged one but it took too much away from the stout itself for me, and I'm not a fan of whisky anyway truth be told!

I've currently got one of final batch of Buxton/Omnipollo Yellow Belly in the garage set to age for a few years.

Thornbridge do a couple of red IPAs - Colorado and Myddle.  I prefer the Buxton one though.  I’d like to try the cask aged Rain Shadow but I know what you mean about too much whisky influence.  Windswept brewery near Inverness does a barrel aged beer using Glen Moray port casks.  It’s a nice whisky (and I am a whisky fan!) but a bit overpowering.

19 hours ago, Coconut said:

These two have never been in my Tesco, although I used to see the St Feuillien in M&S, I never went mad for it but may have done at that price perhaps.

Tesco seem to leave a lot of their beer choices up to the specific store in question, but I don't think they will ever appear in Mickleover!

What did appear the other week though..

I saison bottled back in 2017, locked away in a warehouse and forgotten about I assume! Not on offer but at £3 a bottle as an aged beer.

117899899_10224013016174255_579329376697

I don't expect it to be available in the majority of Tesco stores, I'm not sure if it's all sold out in my local now either.

Cripes. Goose Island Sofie is outstanding - almost as good as Saison Dupont.

3 minutes ago, Coconut said:

Doesn't the stand fit?

Today's delivery, 7 each of the latest vocation barrell aged release, and confirmation that my belgiuminabox order has moved onto the preparation stage.

w0IqZEyr.jpg

No the aperture is too narrow.

Got a Beers of Europe box sitting in quarantine at the moment containing the following mixed bag:

• Samichlaus Schwarzes Bier - 2 (mine)
  • Kulmbacher Eisbock  - 2 (mine)
  • Schneider Weisse Aventinus Eisbock  - 2 (mine)
  • 8 Sail Imperial Porter  - 2 (mine)
  • Ridgeway Imperial Russian Stout  - 2 (mine)
  • Porterhouse Temple Lager  - 2 (memsahib's)
  • Samichlaus Classic Bier - 2 (mine)
  • Ayinger Lager Hell - 3 (memsahib's)
  • Porterhouse Hersbrucker Pils  - 2 (memsahib's)
  • Spaten Munchner Hell  - 3 (memsahib's)
  • Kloster Andechs Spezial Hell  - 2 (memsahib's)
Edited by Eddie

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Just brought some Brewdog lost lager, anybody had it? Is it any good?

I've tried that and thought it was quite quaffable. Very easy to drink with a distinctive taste. However I am no connoisseur when it comes to beer drinking so my recommendation may not be of any help. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did though. ?

2 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I've tried that and thought it was quite quaffable. Very easy to drink with a distinctive taste. However I am no connoisseur when it comes to beer drinking so my recommendation may not be of any help. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did though. ?

I concur, It is quite quaffable ??

4 hours ago, Eddie said:

Got a Beers of Europe box sitting in quarantine at the moment containing the following mixed bag:

• Samichlaus Schwarzes Bier - 2 (mine)
  • Kulmbacher Eisbock  - 2 (mine)
  • Schneider Weisse Aventinus Eisbock  - 2 (mine)
  • 8 Sail Imperial Porter  - 2 (mine)
  • Ridgeway Imperial Russian Stout  - 2 (mine)
  • Porterhouse Temple Lager  - 2 (memsahib's)
  • Samichlaus Classic Bier - 2 (mine)
  • Ayinger Lager Hell - 3 (memsahib's)
  • Porterhouse Hersbrucker Pils  - 2 (memsahib's)
  • Spaten Munchner Hell  - 3 (memsahib's)
  • Kloster Andechs Spezial Hell  - 2 (memsahib's)

You should start the @Eddie beer club.

Pull together a monthly recommendation from each supplier, and get one free beer from them when a fellow member orders using the code Eddie.

I'd join.

1 hour ago, reverendo de duivel said:

You should start the @Eddie beer club.

Pull together a monthly recommendation from each supplier, and get one free beer from them when a fellow member orders using the code Eddie.

I'd join.

I'm going to start doing beer reviews on Beers of Europe - each one gets a few points which can be reimbursed towards the cost of future orders.