Gordon Guthrie

lushrams

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Why not the official minutes silence/applause before the Liverpool game AND a minutes applause during the Blackburn game. 86th minute is a bit late in the game though (waiting for some cynical so and so to say the ground will be half empty by then) 

Seconded. 

Can't make Tuesday game for work reasons bit feel duty bound to show my appreciation for a true legend. 

Can someone put this to the club ?

RIP Gordon. 

So sorry to hear this.. The last of Cloughies back room staff? Clough, Taylor , Jimm Gordon and Gordon Guthrie. Actually Guthrie goes back even further than Cloughie. End of an era. 

So sorry to hear this news. Saw him a few times playing for the Reserves, and it is remarkable that he is so fondly remembered when you consider that, due to injury, he never got to play in the first team, but has still been around for well over 50 years since .

A remarkable record, and a remarkable man - thanks for your dedication to OUR Club Gordie.

RIP.

About 8/9 years ago young Ilkley won a competition to get shown round Moor Farm and the Ipro.  Luckily he had to have someone with him so I got to go too.  Gordon was one of the people we met and what a lovely guy he was - very chatty, very interested and clearly, from the interactions we saw with others of the staff there, players included, held in great respect by everyone.

He will be much missed.  Thank you Gordy for all you did

22 hours ago, loweman2 said:

I'm really proud of the club that we were able to do this. All too often contributions like Gordon's aren't recognised at all or only recognised once the person has passed on. It was great to be able to show our appreciation on the day.

Archived