Gordon Guthrie

lushrams

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The 1884 Group said:

We are working on something to put up permanently in the GG Stand. Aiming to install it for the Leeds game.

A great touch.

As clubs become less "clubs" and more "businesses" I expect characters such as Gordon will become rarer and rarer.

I shall look forward to paying my respects this evening. 50 years service to any single cause is almost unheard of nowadays so his achievements deserve commemorating and celebrating.

Rip Gordon.

A first class gentleman of the highest order. I always felt safe and proud of Derby County growing up as a boy and seeing Gordon Guthrie on the bench or working away behind the scenes on any TV footage of the club I saw, it was like watching your perfect grandad smiling away on the telly and he was making everyone around him feel happy and good about themselves, we could all learn a million or more things about life, but I think the one of a million special things about Gordon without knowing him, was that you knew instantly he was and will always be a very kind loving gentleman that was always kind and brought the best out of others. He will always be with Derby County Football Club, and here's hoping we can all try to be as kind as Gordon to bring out the best from our club, the club we all love. RIP the wonderful Gordon Guthrie.

5 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

A first class gentleman of the highest order. I always felt safe and proud of Derby County growing up as a boy and seeing Gordon Guthrie on the bench or working away behind the scenes on any TV footage of the club I saw, it was like watching your perfect grandad smiling away on the telly and he was making everyone around him feel happy and good about themselves, we could all learn a million or more things about life, but I think the one of a million special things about Gordon without knowing him, was that you knew instantly he was and will always be a very kind loving gentleman that was always kind and brought the best out of others. He will always be with Derby County Football Club, and here's hoping we can all try to be as kind as Gordon to bring out the best from our club, the club we all love. RIP the wonderful Gordon Guthrie.

I've refrained from posting until someone could sum the man up, beautiful post @Inverurie Ram.

38 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

The Liverpool fans were absolutely excellent and it was a generous minute as well which was properly observed in full. 

Good. Anything planned for tomorrow?

20 hours ago, Derbyram1983 said:

I have wondered where was he born? Does he support Derby etc. There isn't much on him. But I obviously have always respected and admired him for his dedication. 

I worked with Gordon at the Carriage & Wagon works in the the 60's.not sure when he went full time with the Rams.

Great guy, always chewing  gum, when most of us smoked. RIP Gordon

• 2 weeks later...

Archived