Gordon Guthrie

lushrams

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Amberram said:

I can still see his Vauxhall Viva now outside the BBG.

I also remember this as my dad had the same car at the time! 

Gordon is a legend and I doubt there will ever be anyone else who devotes more of their life to the club than he has.

Condolencies to his family and I hope the club come up with a fitting tribute - a minutes applause/silence hardly seems to do this great man justice.

RIP Gordon

7 minutes ago, Cool As Custard said:

I also remember this as my dad had the same car at the time! 

Gordon is a legend and I doubt there will ever be anyone else who devotes more of their life to the club than he has.

Condolencies to his family and I hope the club come up with a fitting tribute - a minutes applause/silence hardly seems to do this great man justice.

RIP Gordon

Is black armbands Tuesday and Saturday over the top? I don't. Think so given his service to the club and fact we even have part of a stand named after him. 

17 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Is black armbands Tuesday and Saturday over the top? I don't. Think so given his service to the club and fact we even have part of a stand named after him. 

i dont think so either. RIP Gordon.

I know he already has a stand named after him but wouldn't it be great to have a statue of him at the front entrance to the stadium possibly on the little roundabout in between the car parks. Maybe one of him in his tracksuit carrying his physios bag.

Come on uncle Mel dig deep and get it done, I'd be more than happy to contribute to a fund to get it done as well.

Echoing what everyone else is saying... A true legend. Derby county man. 

The sight of his little bald head shining in the floodlights as he sprinted across the baseball ground pitch (at a really low angle too) to administer the sponge will be with anyone who saw it forever. 

I wish he had took the time and wrote a book....wow that guy would have had some tales to tell. 

Thanks Gordie, thanks a lot. 

RIP to a true legend of our football club. Like others have said the word legend is used a lot these days, but Gordon defined every definition of a football legend. I really hope we do something special to remember him, the club owe him that at the very very least, I'm sure the fans will be up for more than just a minutes silence.

1 hour ago, lushrams said:

How about a one minute applause during the 86th minute of the game?

the only possible issue is that we could be 5 or 6 down by then and most will have sauntered off early into the autumn night.

Why not the official minutes silence/applause before the Liverpool game AND a minutes applause during the Blackburn game. 86th minute is a bit late in the game though (waiting for some cynical so and so to say the ground will be half empty by then) 

Archived