If Joey Barton is sacked would you take him?

JG400

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Statham512 said:

Why no mention of Diego poyet on here yet linked by Nixon today

There was mentioned of him in transfer talk see Nixon thread in there. 

13 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

When the going gets tough.....

Barton falls out with everyone.

Couldn't hack the SPFL

This tough leader he signed off with stress (over his contract being ended and training with the youth team....and people knock our players cos they're on x thousand pounds a week)

Seriously, he's done. He 34 and very much down the down swing of his career. Not played competitively for months now.

Look at the flack Baird takes, or Bent.

Some people just seem to love a tough man thing.....Pearson....Barton.....

Thankfully now Pearson's gone there is naff all chance of us even looking.

Not sure about that RAW. Think he left both QPR and Burnley with them wanting more.

l would disregard the stress storyline too. All part of the negotiations l am sure.

He may perhaps be done, but if he can still play like he did last season his 'done' would do for me.

As for your last line you are way off the mark. Mac likes him, lots. Much much more than Pearson ever would.

l would get him in. I would drive him to the ground. Obviously l wouldn't let him light a cigarette anywhere near me.

people need to look beyond whether a player can improve your team or be the difference between getting promoted etc.

no club should take barton in my opinion. every club is bigger than any one player, especially a player like barton.

he is a cancer upon football and any club he signs for.

why is this even being discussed?

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

Not sure about that RAW. Think he left both QPR and Burnley with them wanting more.

l would disregard the stress storyline too. All part of the negotiations l am sure.

He may perhaps be done, but if he can still play like he did last season his 'done' would do for me.

As for your last line you are way off the mark. Mac likes him, lots. Much much more than Pearson ever would.

l would get him in. I would drive him to the ground. Obviously l wouldn't let him light a cigarette anywhere near me.

He's shown absolutely nothing this season to show he can be anywhere near what he was last season. 

I strongly suspect he left Burnley because he knew he couldn't hack the premier league anymore, probably thought he'd have an easy couple of years being Mr big fish in Scotland. 

I wouldn't have seen him as a McClaren type of signing, but I'll take your word he likes him. 

I genuinely don't think he'd offer anything other greif if we signed him. 

We've a number of aging used to be good players in the squad, I'd rather we go for young and hungry. Plus, I just really don't like him. 

5 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

He's shown absolutely nothing this season to show he can be anywhere near what he was last season. 

I strongly suspect he left Burnley because he knew he couldn't hack the premier league anymore, probably thought he'd have an easy couple of years being Mr big fish in Scotland. 

I wouldn't have seen him as a McClaren type of signing, but I'll take your word he likes him. 

I genuinely don't think he'd offer anything other greif if we signed him. 

We've a number of aging used to be good players in the squad, I'd rather we go for young and hungry. Plus, I just really don't like him. 

I find it had to disagree with points 2 and 5 and you are right he has some form that point 4 might come to fruition. 

Point 1 is unfair because of the number of games played, and you only need to have a look at our current crop of superstars to find comparables for doing absolutely nothing this season (at least up to mid-October).

l think this comes down to what Mac thinks, and l do think he rates him (and actually likes him). There is no doubt our midfield is thin if we have another injury to add to Thorne's, and l would be not surprised one bit if he joined for a period to play the Eustace role. We'll see.

So many people get so excitable about Joey, but it's not like we are thinking about putting a madman in charge of the nuclear button is it?

11 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

If anyone can explain what they think he will bring to the table I might think about it.

A leader on the field, somebody that grab our midfield by the scruff of the neck and pull it together when it starts to fall apart again.

Barton and Mac do have good history together, remember Barton saying Mac was the best coach he'd worked with.

Archived