If Joey Barton is sacked would you take him?

JG400

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, if we play him he keeps someone out the team. And then if we get promoted not only is he not fit for the Prem so is the player we've left out all season. Rather look at people with potential to be Prem players, than getting promoted and having to spend 10mil on a Jeff hendricks

6 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I genuinely cannot read your posts. They just don't make sense.

B4 is saying they expect Joey to be on a high contract and think he is billy-big-b***** in the dressing room. 

Which I somewhat agree with, he's quoted as moving to Rangers to be the "best player in the Country". He'll be far from that in our squad. 

7 minutes ago, mrdave85 said:

B4 is saying they expect Joey to be on a high contract and think he is billy-big-b***** in the dressing room. 

Which I somewhat agree with, he's quoted as moving to Rangers to be the "best player in the Country". He'll be far from that in our squad. 

Ahhhhh.

Right , thank you Dave for that.

I think what @B4ev6is is saying, is near enough correct. However he has proven that he can mingle with tough teams i.e Burnley and be effective. Think we would be stupid not to gamble on him with the way our season started.

1 hour ago, Roboram said:

Our midfield is powder puff at times.

Nothing to lose by seeing him in training for 6 weeks or so before making a decision on a short term contract (maybe appearance based) in Jan.

When? 

Hughes and Johnson are not powderpuff. Hughes is an excellent tackler and Johnson loves battling. 

Let's sign a bloke with a long history of assaulting people. That's what our midfield needs. 

Sometimes he uses cigars and vehicles. Sometimes it's on teammates, fans and teenage boys. 

This is what we need. We are too soft. 

Regardless of his history, I've not heard enough of him as a footballer to make me think he'd be a good fit. He's never been a stand out player in any team IMO. We have central midfielders aplenty, BJ is doing a fine job at the moment and building his confidence up. I don't think that needs disrupting by us bringing in Barton on any kind of contract. 

I believe the term "bloated" squad has been used on here, and we do need to move a few on come January who don't impress between then and now. 

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Let's sign a bloke with a long history of assaulting people. That's what our midfield needs. 

Sometimes he uses cigars and vehicles. Sometimes it's on teammates, fans and teenage boys. 

This is what we need. We are too soft. 

Stop being  thuggist.

No thanks. In my opinion a yob we could do without. And yes I am "famous five" enough to think players should be sportsmen. cut to scenes of elderly chaps spluttering in to their Gin and Tonics, club ties and strange moustaches 

Well , we've had Britain conned into leaving the EU , by a load of public school snake oil salesmen , one of the vilest people on the planet elected to The White House , along with his dingbat sidekick who believes the earth is only 6000 years old and holds that his religion should take precedence over the Constitution . 

And now we may have Joseph Barton esq.   ......           Send In The Clowns     ...       Don't bother they're here .

Archived